BeautyHacker

Namu or Opera for Rhinoplasty in Korea?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got mine done and I’m almost on my 3rd month post op on the 18th this December ^_^. I had short, bulbous, and small bridge before and I got silicon for the bridge, ear cartilage for my nose tip, and alarplasty at Banobagi for $3960 (they had a promo on their website for 30% for rhinoplasty at the time, they’re having another one for January til the end of February for 25% off for rhinoplasty just saying). Anyways, It’s not as scary as what people say. I went by myself and I had lots of fun. i think learning how to use the subway is the best thing because walking around all day everyday will help lessens the swelling. I have before & after pics if you wanna see them :smile:

I had a rhino at Opera last summer and shared it this forum. Actually, I personally think other clinics charge too much. I myself had a good quote for my surgery(hump removal rhino) and the quality of the service was very good(my after photos show it) but it is not a super big hospital like ID.

Hiii. I’m going in April! They recommended silicone bridge with septal+ear cartilage for nose tip. I feel like I need alar but most online consultant says I don’t need one. Do u mind sending me ur b/a pics too pls?

Hi @TokyoGyaru Do u mind sharing ur b/a pics at opera? I have the problem, short n flat n wide nose. But both does not reconmment me doing alar. Just silicone n tiplasty. I’m seriously considering between Opera and Namu for my primary nxt year

Hi Vivi can you please share photos of your progress? I just went to consultation with them this week but a real life review would help me with my decision more

Have any of you noticed that Korean plastic surgeons never recommend alar base reduction? I find this very strange, as in other countries, such as the US, it's a very common procedure. Every clinic in Seoul that I've consulted with have always rejected my request for an alar base reduction, always saying the same thing : that once the nose is lifted up, that there will be no need as the nose will become slimmer. Does anyone have any idea why Koreans don't like to perform this operation?

Sure
Here are my before photos:
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
After:
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hi there -

Your nose looks great, congratulations on a successful surgery : )

I'm curious to know how many clinics you consulted with, and out of those, how many were giving you the green light for an alarplasty? Every consultation I've had I've been told that alarplasty (though I know in my heart it would be necessary for me) is not necessary and also when reading posts here I find that most have gotten the same response from Korean clinics - it's almost as if Koreans dont feel comfortable doing the procedure ...

Thank you so much for your time : )

first of all, congratulations on your surgery! your nose looks so pretty ^^

i have a similar nose to yours in your before pictures, and i would like to ask for recommendations of clinics for rhinoplasty : alar reduction, bulbous tip plasty, bridge slimming, etc.

i’m feeling a little skeptical about banobagi because of the many poor reviews i’ve read. so i would like to ask for more recommendations :smile:

Thank you!! Before I started researching about PS in SouthKorea, I honestly had no idea where to even start from, or where to find clinics so I went with Docfinderkorea. And yea there’s a lot of negative reviews about them and most of those people didn’t even go through them :facepalm: they just didnt like DFK cuz they get paid by those clinics.. duhh?!? They’re doing their job right? It would be crazy and sketchy if they don’t get paid for what they do, so I didn’t care much about that, and plus I researched and asked for the promo discount at banobagi so I still paid the lowest I would’ve paid if I chose to go anywhere else. You just gotta be smarter than the average. I didn’t go consult anywhere else. It was already overwhelming for me to decide between the 5 clinics DFK provided me and I just wanted to get it over with and when I saw the before and after photos of Banobagi, I was so sure to choose them while ignoring all those sh*tty reviews without any base or photos to prove the sh*t job they got. Like, one of the list have them blacklisted just because the doctor didn’t take an hour to consult with her about her nose?? Like D@mn, is her nose that bad that it needs an hour of conversation just about how to fix her nose?! Maybe or maybe not, but that’s too excessive in my opinion but then again ALL reviews are people’s opinion so always take it with a grain of salt. I chose to go with them even after I read those nonsense review and I’m glad. Do what your gut tells you and what you already had in mind the first time, cuz at the end of the day, you’ll be the one staring at your own reflection hun, not these people in the internet :heart::tup:

I can’t really recommend a lot of other clinics since I’ve only gone to one myself which is Banobagi. If you want other options other than silicone for bridge (which is what Banobagi only offers I asked), there’s View that my friends went and got their nose done and they chose to have Goretex for their bridge. One of them didn’t like the aftercare though, she said one of the nurses were mean and rude when she was in pain, and they put the goretex in her nose crooked but the doctor fixed it after they took out the cast so all is well. If you want natural looking nose, hands down go to Banobagi. I feel like no one can tell I got my nose done but always say something is different like I look like I got skinnier or more glowy lol. And Banobagi Dr. Lee Hyuntaek did recommended a little bit of alar reduction on my in person consultation to make the nostrils not as wide which I totally agreed with. Hahaa

My Dr. recommended it on my in person consultation. They didn’t at first when I sent them photos of me, but it’s cuz they need to examine and actually see your face in person to determine it first.

This is an interesting question I’d be curious to know the answer to. At my consultation with them, VIP said I didn’t need alar reduction for the same reason you were given, that when the bridge is lifted, it won’t be necessary. I also wanted mid-face augmentation with them (still want to get it later), so I wonder if that would affect anything.

And in response to your other post, yes, I can share my pics with you afterwards. I’m getting surgery on the 26th, so I’ll share when I can get my cast off/swelling goes down. :smile: