BeautyHacker

Opinion on mid face augmentation at VIP?

Interesting. So are you saying shaving the bones will make my face look less sunken in than it is now? My cheekbones are so high and rounded that it hides some view of my nose and looks like it's swallowing up the sides of my eyes.

Yes, but it depends on your facial features as well. Zygoma reduction can be good in some cases I think. To make your face more dimensional, you can also have facial fat grafting + rhino if you want it less invasive than 2jaw. But I recommend you to do some online consults with a few clinics :smile:

If you shave off the protruding cheekbones which is at your side, you won't see any difference from the side view. And most forumners experienced face sagging 1 year after their zygoma reduction. Its going to make matters worse.
If the side view is flat, then we should instead put something in that area which would make side view protruding out. Some forumners suggested fat grafts.

I also have a kind of flat face. Most people would recommend zygoma reduction and jaw reduction for me to add dimension, but I recently realized it's not necessary if I do the midface augmentation.

Midface augmentation is not exclusive to VIP plastic surgery. It's more commonly called paranasal augmentation or Noble surgery, and most Korean clinics have it.

If you think your face looks sunken in, I think you should consider this surgery before you commit to bone surgery.

• 1 month later...
You have to consider the camera distortion for the selfie photo
From what I'm reading on the VIP website, all they basically do is give you a rhinoplasty+bullhorn lift. I wouldn't exactly call that a midface surgery, midface surgery usually deals with cutting upper jaw bone. However, this is an excellent alternative to shortening your midface.

• 4 months later...
Midface augmentation is with a silicone implant or harvested rib. There is no bone cutting.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check this lady review about paranasal implant (mid face augmentation)
https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/988876-plastic-surgery-experience-in-korea-taiwan-sg/

I don't think you can camouflage to make your midface less sunken much with the rhinoplasty only... In order to avoid unnecessary extra surgeries in your life, you need to research enough.. I am not so sure what your basic condition would be, but if you decide on the bone contouring, I would definitely recommend you to look into the acculift for the skin sagging after the bone contouring.

There are different times of mid face augmentation. If everything on the face is proportional BUT your nose area is sunken and needs to be brought forward to fix the naso labial angle then a premaxillary implant can bring your nose forward. This is to fix the bulldog look. If your eyes/nose/mouth is where it should be but you have just lost cheek volume then thats a different story. I have a sunken midface so have been doing a lot of research. Msg me and perhaps we can share research:smile: