BeautyHacker

I am a new member and I need help following my surgery

Dear All,

I hope this finds you well.

I do not know where to start. I am of Asian descent (both of my parents are Asian) but was born and raised in America. I have always been very self conscious about my appearance and wanted to do procedures to ameliorate my looks. I have always hated the way my face is. It looks like a square box. Very wide and big for my height (I am only 5'2'') I hated it and always wore my hair down to hide the sides of my boxy face. I worked two jobs while going to college and I was able to save money to afford plastic surgery.

Once I was able to save enough money, all I had to do was choose a good surgeon to just make me look prettier. I was being literally bombarded of ads by some clinics in Korea, so I decided to contemplate the idea to go to Korea. Wow, the pictures were literally amazing. I flew to Seoul just for consultations. I consulted over 7 doctors of different clinics and finally I narrowed down my list to three doctors (3 out of 7). I went back and forth, read reviews, asked questions, took a look at pictures and then finally I decided the surgeon who was going to do my surgery.

I kept thinking positive thoughts and these are the procedures I had:
  • double eyelid
  • calf reduction
  • nose job
  • forehead implant
  • cheekbone reduction
  • V line
  • injectable fillers (Princess).
What can I say? The surgery results have been a calamity. Every single thing he did resulted in several complications. I am still thankful I am alive because I literally thought I was gonna die when they anesthesized me in the clinic, but, everything else has been a major complication. The most obvious thing is that I have an obvious lopsided face with lots of sagging and unnatural shadows and depressions.

1. double eyelid is the thing that came out decent, the scars could be better, but I cover them with make up. However, my eyes are crooked.
  2. Calf reduction: the scars are very visible and the contours do not look the same, they just look like strange calves with lots of loose skin and I still have pain when I walk.
  3. Nose job: horrible. I have inverted v deformity, open roof deformity, scars at the alar rims, the whole nose is very crooked and off-centered because the osteotomies were done incorrectly. Nose itself is gonna cost me 30k to have it corrected by Jay Calvert, Dean Toriumi or Rick Davis in Miami. The nose also has a saddled deformity and the dorsum looks amputated.
  4. Cheekbone reductions: It seems like my face is still very wide but just a straight line seen from the frontal view, it's as if I have a rectangular face, but still wide. It is very hard to explain and even taking pictures does not show the problem. My eyes look different and the facial fat is just distorted now.
  5. V line: the worst procedures I have ever had. My face looks very lop sided, I had nerve damage and parts of my face are paralyzed and numb, I have excess skin and it just looks horrible.
  6. Fillers (Princess): all lumpy and irregular.
I spoke to some lawyers who told me I have a very difficult case because you cannot prove medical negligence or malpractice in Korea, especially if you have had elective surgery. Still, I want to move forward. Nobody will stop me. This is a real nightmare. I have another meeting on Tuesday next week with another lawyer to see if we can sue. But, I have to redo everything all over again. I am surprised I haven't killed myself. I had no idea of this forum, I found my doctor through word of mouth, but, once I found it and saw how many people are having the same type of surgeries, I felt compelled to share my story. Please be careful.

I'm sorry you had to go through all that, but why create a thread if you're not gonna tell us which clinics botched you up? Some of us are going to get surgery literally next week and it would be nice if we didn't unknowingly go and **** our faces up.

She had a pretty rough experience and needed to vent somewhere. It's okay if she cannot disclose any information. Also, any clinic will have a chance of botching an operation. Clinics won't survive in business for long if they botch people up often. It's just a risk we all inherently take... you cannot expect the risk to be completely zero.

Are you speaking with lawyers in South Korea? I think that's the only chance you'll have at getting any sort of restitution here as I doubt international lawyer could navigate their court system with such a case.

Also Korea has agency setup for medical disputes, I haven't heard any first hand reports of experiences with them so I don't know how effective they are. You should ask Korean lawyers about it as agreeing to arbitration could remove the ability the sue.
https://www.k-medi.or.kr/eng/index.do

What awful news! I’m so sorry. well, experienced doctor is really important and you should be careful before choosing surgeon. Actually we are one of the medical tourism facilitators in Iran. We try to understand your expectations and give the affordable services to you. For more information about special surgery or revision you can see my website through the link below
https://ariamedtour.com

the law that you are looking for, will probably fall under malpractice.

if not, maybe.. consumer law? sorry im not familiar with korean law.. only common law.

but this is from my research:
A new online rating system will be introduced to evaluate medical service providers, and potential medical tourists will be able to research the results on an official website (www.medicalkorea.or.kr).
< from the straits time

government-run Gangnam Medical Tour Centre <-- find this goverment agency if u want to know which doctors are board certified and specialized in plastic surgery. https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/1784085/beautys-dark-side-chinese-tourists-lured-south-korean-cosmetic

Hope this helps.

I’m sorry to hear about your situation! I hope soemrhinf can be done about it. It sounds like it may have been a shadow doctor in your case. Especially if the clinic was a reputable clinic. Otherwise a famous doctor would
Not botch it up like that. You got all surgeries with the same one? How long has it been?

Very likely that is the case, this is why I avoid big hospitals that advertise a lot to foreigners.

Not sure which clinic you went to but I m really sorry to hear what you went through. It must really devastating that you have to go through these right now yet another process of going the surgery all over again.

I had an awful rhino done before I went for revisionary. During those period before revisionary, I was very low self confidence and depressed about it.

I hope you are able to sue those people for doing this to you. Aside to this, I had my surgery done at View Plastic surgery, I feel that the surgeons there are very transparent and careful. They are honest in my opinion as when I asked for more surgeries. They told me I don’t need it.

They have really good post care help and follow up services which I really appreciate it.

If you are open to looking at revisionary, you can consider them.

Meanwhile, please stay strong and hope to hear positive news from you soon! Take care...