BeautyHacker

Asian eyelid surgery in US - fixed from previous botched eyes

Hey guys!
Just wanted to share my experience since I just got my eyes done..
My eyes were previously really botched where the crease was uneven, weak, and the doc took out too much skin/fat so my eyes ended up looking hollow. I knew my eyes were a tough case and wanted to find a good doc that I trust and also understand asian features.. so I started researching asian eyelids docs in the U.S, especially based in either NYC or LA. I had no luck with NYC (where I live) but eventually found a doctor in LA that I felt confidence in.
I sent in my pictures and had a Skype consult, and after that, I ended up moving forward as I felt the doctor was very knowledgeable, genuine, and confident. I was also going to LA in a couple months so it kind of worked out.
Fast forward from that initial surgery with that clinic, I felt like my eyes were still some-what weak but still much better than what it was originally from the previous botched surgery. So, I texted the consultant and she forwarded my concerns to the doctor. They were then kind enough to offer to fix my eyes, to make the crease stronger for free.. the only thing I had to pay was the OR fee, so I agreed.
My eyes now are still healing as it's only been 2 weeks, but they are looking much better and I am 100% satisfied.
So, to summarize my eye journey..

First time: botched
Second time: April 2019 - fg to my eyes, medial epi, and ptosis
Third time: Dec 2019 - asian blepharoplasty

And the reason why I chose to stay in the U.S was because I felt like going to SK was not worth it if it was just for asian eyelids.. factoring in airbnb, flights, etc.
And I really appreciate that my doctor was kind enough to offer to fix it after the first time around with her. And while LA is not "local", it is much easier for me to fly to LA than to NYC :smile:
If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me as I'd be more than happy to refer my doctor to you.
I wanted to share my experience since it seems like this is a popular surgery and that it is possible to get it done in the U.S if you're open to it.

Do you know any good clinics/doctors for fc around Los Angeles? I always have a feeling like Korean plastic surgery industry is a little shady. I don't know why I feel like that, it might be just me. Though ps is expensive here you can sue a doctor if they don't do what they promise or gives you permanent damages (ex.nerve damage).

Korean PS seems shady because there are thousands more clinics there compared to the US. Many of them are unlicensed and take advantage of foreigners due to the PS fame in korea. However, finding the right surgeons/clinics can give you results far better than any US doctor could give because koreans generally do more PS than in the west and they are experienced with asian PS. I think it's not logical to think that it's better to do PS in the US because it's easier to sue the doctor, saying that basically means "I'm probably gonna get botched the first time so I can sue". Suing can take a long time and lots of money, why not do it right the first time...

Oh no, I meant you have very little voice in case of a botched job in a foreign country. Also, I have been reading this forum for 6 months and I see that no clinic/doctor has 100% success rate. I see a lot of good reviews about a clinic and seems quite trustable then I read another thread and it talks about how the clinic give discounts for half fake reviews or even push clients to write good reviews. One of the reasons I have been considering Korea for ps is I have very Asian facial features when I am not even Asian. I look at before pictures and most girls have the exact same problems with me but then I read someone here about how they photoshop after pictures.
You seem knowladgeable about it. If you would, please tell me which clinics are good(less likely to get botched and doesn't try to rip off foreigners) for fc and bulbous nose rhino? I apprecite that.

Hey I totally get what you mean.. and to be honest I am getting fc surgery as well but after months of research, I am still unable to find a doc in the U.S that specialize in fc here.. my guess is because of the different beauty standard so with v-line especially, it's best to go to SK for it, despite the lengthy travel time and travel costs etc. While some clinics can be shady or factory, there are also some clinics that many posters have gone to with successful results. Vline in SK is prob one of their most demanded surgeries (like BA in the US for example) so the doctors there are probably quite experienced :smile:

Fat graft to my eyes to fix the hollowness.

Is there a reason why you are not revealing the clinic?
Well if I wasn't going to SK I would have opted to go to Wave in L.A.
Pic 1 NOT photoshopped this is off a video. From 'slitty' to WOW.
Pic 2 is off video by an L.A. blogger WAVE amazing transformation of slitty eye Korean into WHITE BEAUTY.jpgEYES Lazy's at Wave.jpg