BeautyHacker

Tax refund at the airport?

So I am thinking to get some procedure done to my eyes.. Upper blepharoplasty that is.

I hear that foreigners can receive the tax refund at the airport. Initially I thought it was 10% tax refund, but later someone told me it is something between 7~9%. I just don't know what information is correct.

Do anyone know how much tax refund we get?

I had tax refund at Incheon airport. If I remembered correctly, its about 7% after I calculated. The VAT is 10%. 3% is for administrative purpose, I guess.

Only 7% tax refund?! OMG! That's soooo little!
Do they have any limitation of KRW I can get refund or spend as much as I want to spend for PS?

This is what i answered in another thread previously. I think the minimum should be 50,000 won because I was shopping at Artbox and I saw a sign that allows tourist to claim VAT if its above 50,000 won.
If you are getting tax refunds at the airport, I would suggest to go early. The reason is, for a single receipt of expenditure of above 75,000 won, you will receive your tax refund money from an automated machine. And for receipts of less than 75,000 won each, you will need to go to a counter (manned by staff) and get your tax refunds. Hence, I went to both the automated machine as well as the counter to receive my tax refunds. But I was lucky that there was no queue. After I left the tax refund area, which is located at level 4 of Incheon Airport Terminal 1, I saw a lot of tourists making their way to get their tax refunds.

Did they inspect all the items you bought?

7% is better than 0% which was the case a few years ago when we first did our lipo. so all in all I think it's definitely something especially when u are spending in large qty.

no, but when we bought staff the cashier asked if we need a tax free receipt. so we collected all of them btw, not every place ask this questions and sometimes we had to ask ourselves