BeautyHacker

Japan Eyelid Surgery - choosing among Verite Clinic, SBC, Takasu Clinic, & Ginza Plastic Surgery

Hi everyone, I'm a new poster who has been browsing eyelid surgery for the longest time on Google and I came upon this forum.

I am of East Asian descent, so I have a natural crease that is obscured by my hooded eyelids. I have had online consultations with Verite Clinic & Shonan Beauty Clinic, and both have recommended I go with full incision or ptosis correction with possible epicanthoplasty for fixing the unevenness of eyes. The latter (SBC) also has a permanent stitch method (does anybody know what this is?)

I am interested in visiting Japan in mid-March, and have many questions as I am still very indecisive about my decision. My sister, who can speak fluent Chinese, had her eyelids done via temporary stitching in Ginza. She has told me that they are very experienced and have many doctors who came from SBC, which is not as experienced. However, SBC is a lot cheaper, and I like natural looking eyes done by Dr. Shigeyuki Homna. The only downside so far is that the only doctor they offered me is Dr. Eiko Mukai, and she does not seem very experienced on eyelids like mine. Verite Clinic is an experienced option, but my sister says due to the influx of Chinese people who have tried to mimic Angelababy's procedures, they are often more expensive for Chinese ppl and probably done not as well. The doctor they offered me was Dr. Fukuta/Fukata, who is rumored to be AB's surgeon. Takasu I have only heard of from Japanese natives, who said that it has very natural looking eyelids. There doesn't seem to be much feedback on this clinic.

I like the natural results of Takasu Clinic, which some doctors of SBC offers, but I find myself looking for a surgeon who is more experienced, which come from Verite Clinic and Ginza PS. I am stuck!! Please, anybody, to offer any advice/recommendations/suggestions they have with this. I am okay with pricing, I only care about doctors with experience with hooded eyelids, and can get the procedure done naturally. I find that the more information or less information I have, I am more stuck.

I’ve had PS done in Japan and I can say that they charge same amount for both foreigners and local Japanaese. I don’t recommend SBC based on their poor after care services and how young their doctors are; they could be very good but the amount of time for research is simply not available to me. I do believe Dr. Fukuda is a very good and experienced surgeon but am unsure if he ever did operate on AB. Dr. Fukuda is most famous for doing nose. Takasu Clinic is very famous because of their founding chairman, who is an audacious character. Takasu is known for conservative approach but there are many doctors working there so you should check who you’d like. I would NEVER pick a place based on cheap price. If you end up needing revision, it will cost you more money, time, and emotional devastation. Best of luck!!

Wow, thank you so much for that detailed response!! This helps a lot. I don't know either, but I am hoping he does well with hooded eyelids with inner crease because that is what I'm going in for. I have consulted Takasu, and they said I could do walk-in consultation and surgery that very day. So I think I am going to check if Verite Clinic does walk-in, and surgery that same week. Thank you!

I am under the impression that Verite does “half” or mixed look. They have lots of pics on their website. Good luck sweetie!

• 6 months later...
Hi have you done any thing with in japan? Mean while I am searching to do ps in Japan and looking for reliable doctor in japan.please let me know? Thanks

Hi you mind sharing the ps doctor in japan? Am interested and looking to do my saggy eye and face lift. Hope to hear from you. Thanks in advance

I heard Verite is very expensive.Dr. Fukuda is more famous for rhinoplasty than for eyes.And, if you nominate him, you have to pay 20% of the cost of surgery and treatment as a nomination fee. Please contact the clinic for details.

Shonan is a hospital in various parts of Japan, and I have an impression that there are many patients who are in a state like a laboratory by hiring many inexperienced directors. Of course, I think there are excellent doctors in this clinic, so please check carefully.

Takasu says he once provided cosmetic surgery technology to a Korean director. The Korean directors formed the Korean Association of Aesthetic Surgery, and Takasu became the honorary chairman of the organization.But,There is an image that when a patient says, "The operation failed." he immediately puts pressure on the patient by filing a lawsuit.