BeautyHacker

Which clinics in Seoul are more experienced in operating foreigners?

Hey there! Basically the title says it all. I am a 20 years old caucasian woman and I want to get face contouring and eyelid surgery in South Korea. However, I have noticed that most foreigners that get surgery in Korea are ethnically Asians, which makes me a little afraid that a surgeon not used to operate on white people could botch my face because of that. Has any other caucasian gotten plastic surgery in South Korea? What was your experience? Are some clinics known for having more foreign customers? Thank you!!

Wonjin. Tons of foreigners (like myself) when I was there. A lot of people on this forum are down on them but I've had only good experiences with them. They did an eyelid surgery revision for me for free years after the expiration period. (It wasn't a botch job; I was just really young and inexperienced and did not advocate for myself enough and got talked into a more natural result than I'd wanted by the doctor -- who strongly preferred a natural look; and over time the ptosis got worse). The same doctor fixed the problem and did a great job.

Thanks for sharing. Did you consult by your own or with an agency? I’ve also been struggling to decide as I most likely will go alone and would like to have everything arranged for me but on the other hand I’ve heard of price inflation...

^ Can’t stress this enough. I went by myself as a 19 year old non-korean-speaking white foreigner and had no problems finding the right clinic by myself, negotiating price by myself and getting the surgery by myself. Almost every clinic has an English speaking consultant! Don’t go through an agency and let them direct you to certain clinics which may not be the best...

To answer your question OP, I had facial liposuction at Laprin. I know it’s not reconstructive but it is a facial surgery and I am Caucasian. Things went really well! I would recommend them for a similar procedure. Can’t say what they’d be like for other procedures. But I’d encourage you to make a booking and talk to them because they did well with me!

Good luck. It’s really hard to find the right information on this topic.

Thanks for your answer :smile: how long did you take to recover? Do you think it would be safe for me to go traveling around ~3 weeks after my surgery?

I think you should sort out type of surgeries and then start from there^^

Almost all the plastic surgery clinics that are mentioned in this forum, targets foreigners. Thats why they employ consultants who can speak languages other than Korean. Use the search function or read through every thread and you will realise that a lot of caucasian ladies had their plastic surgeries done in Korea.
Plastic surgery in Korea is popular because being good looking is important especially for young Koreans in finding jobs, spouse etc. Their standard of beauty mirrors that of caucasian features which are mainly double eyelids, high nose bridge etc.