BeautyHacker

After browsing on this forum I found that there are many botched jobs done by surgeons and clinics don't want to take responsibility. I wander can someone sue clinic if you are not satisfied with results? Or patient doesn't have rights? What to look for in papers that you sign before surgery?

I work at a hospital and am currently in law school part-time, so I'll take a stab at this question.

When you say "sue," do you mean sue for the refund of your money, for them to re-do your surgery free of charge, or for millions (like you see on TV)?

If you just want to re-do your surgery for free, nearly all practices will agree to that. They don't want bad publicity. Wonjin fixed my eyes for free 5+ years after my initial surgery, even though they didn't have to (as the original terms stated free revisions would be given out for only two years from the surgery date). It was great customer service and they knew they would have a loyal customer for life. I still say a lot of good things on this forum about them despite claims of "blacklisting" from other forumers, just because I know they stand by their work, take care of their patients, and did a great job the second time around.

If you want a refund, that's harder, but possible. If you are in such a situation, I would start with a demand letter, along with evidence (photos, hospital admissions, etc.) of the harm you suffered as a result of the "botched" surgery. If they refuse, then you can threaten a lawsuit or go to the press, etc. They will usually give you a refund at that point.

As for those big lawsuits you see in the media, in most legal systems, you cannot recover without proving harm. Simply not liking your nose because it's too thin or not thin enough or whatever would not entitle you to money. You have to show that you suffered objectively (i.e. now you cannot breathe, or ended up hospitalized and lost out on work, etc.), and the harm has to be significant.

I meant refund. I just found many posts of girls who didn't like their results, for example, nose was too thin. They consult with doctor prior, and doctor promises one thing, but after surgery, they have different results (not what was prior negotiated). So one can't have a refund if the results are not what was expected, I mean esthetically.

Unfortunately I dont think so. There are so many people who get results that they did not ask for, but clinics never give refunds, they only offer free revision. I also asked for refund, after my results from des turned out NOTHING like the eyes I discussed with doctor in consultation prior to surgery. They said 'there will be no refund for dissatisfaction'.

Where did you get your surgery?
Did you go for revision?

I had primary des at MVP by Dr Seo.
I will go elsewhere for revision as theyre shady and rude imo, and I dont think theyre capable of achieving the type of results I am looking for anyway. Waste of time and money going there the first time round for me personally.

I would keep trying, depending on whether you just dislike the results or if you were truly botched. In cases where the doctor truly botched the patient, they sometimes do give refunds to prevent bad publicity. You can threaten to go to forums as well as the press. However, if it’s just a case of not liking the style, you probably don’t have a whole lot of leverage.