BeautyHacker

My experience at UVOM PS

Hello all, I've been an anonymous long time lurker of this and other forums since I've been considering cosmetic surgery for around 2 years. Since purseforum is what ultimately convinced me to consult with popular clinics that others have had good experiences with, I thought I'd make an account to share my experience and recovery with everyone and hopefully help others make a decision for themselves.

Recently, I took a trip to South Korea in Jan 2019 with my mom for DES, rhinoplasty and breast augmentation. Prior to this, I had made online consultations with clinics that had good reviews for foreigners - MVP, Banobagi and Ruby. There were others that I considered as well (Namu, Opera, View) but since I did not have much time in the country I decided to shortlist and arrange consultations with MVP and Banobagi by uploading my photos online and scheduling a date for F2F. Ruby never ended up replying to my post on their website in a timely fashion so I decided to go ahead with MVP and Banobagi and drop in to other clinics while there.

Consultations
My schedule was quite tight so in my mind I had already decided to go with Dr Seo for DES since he has had many good reviews and I wanted a more natural tapered look. Forward to the consultation date, I was booked in to see him in the morning at 10.30am and ended up waiting in the waiting area for about 30 minutes. There wasn't many people at the time but apparently the doctors were very busy in theatres. I was briefly introduced to Elizabeth who I spoke to via Kakao, and I was told to sit in one of the consultation rooms after they took my photos. I only talked to the Dr Seo (eye, nose) and Dr Lim (breast) for about 2 minutes each since they were busy with other cases in between but they told me what they recommended (non-incisional with ptosis correction for eyes, alar reduction, nose augmentation and tiplasty for nose, inframammary incision for breasts) before rushing out again. The consultant then spoke to me after the doctors left and didn't talk to me much about the procedures (granted, I didn't have many questions since its my primary surgery) but more about scheduling the surgery date and prices. Because this was my main opportunity to undergo PS, in my mind I had decided that I wanted them done anyway even if I wasn't 100% confident and my mom could clearly tell as well. I told them that I'd get back to them that night about my decision to go through with it since they didn't have many surgery slots since it was a very busy time.

When I was waiting for my consultation at MVP, I was browsing on my phone looking up more reviews on forums for different PS clinics since I was in the area anyway. I saw a couple posts about UVOM and visited their website to look at BA pictures - they looked really good but natural as well. I ended up sending them a quick message via Kakao asking if I was able to drop by that day for a F2F consultation but wasn't expecting much since it was very short notice. They said they would be available in the afternoon and gave me 2 times to choose from (1.30pm or 3pm).
I was particularly interested in clinics that were popular for locals but also catered to foreigners (since my Korean isn't very good). I didn't mind if the clinic was smaller but had good results and patient care. When I walked in, it was a small but clean clinic and was greeted by the receptionist. There wasn't many people there when we arrived and we sat in the waiting area for a short time before being introduced to the translator, Choi. She was very good at English and explained what was about to happen after choosing which surgeries I was interested in. At this time, I still wanted to choose MVP but I thought it couldn't hurt to have another consultation. I was then led into one of the 3 consultation rooms and was introduced to their senior consultant. True to other reviews, I spent almost 3 hours in the consultation, the consultant was very thorough and explained what each procedure entailed and what she recommended based on the surgeries I wanted.
The doctors Dr Lee (nose, breast) and Dr Kang (eyes) were also busy with other procedures but took some time to sit with me to talk about the specifics and previous BA results from other patients and tried to understand what look I wanted (very natural but slightly enhanced). Dr Lee (also the owner) is probably one of the most relatable and knowledgeable doctors and really tries to allay any fears about your concerns. He even showed me BA photos of rhinoplasty that he did on his wife with very good results. Someone talked about gut instinct on this forum once before, I actually felt that with this clinic and I just ended up paying the deposit and scheduling the surgeries. Please PM me for details about pricing/specific questions regarding both consultations.

My Banobagi consultation was scheduled for the day after but because I had confidence in the consultant and the doctor's expertise, I decided to cancel and deposit the money for my surgery at UVOM scheduled in for 4 days time (it seems like Jan/winter is a popular time for people to undergo PS so I never had a surgery slot on the consultation date or the next day).

Surgery - day 1
Fast forward to the day of the surgery, they spoke to me again in the consultation room - I was quite nervous but they took their time to explain what was going to be done again and double checked which procedures I wanted. Then they went through the risks of surgery and we signed the consent forms after I had time to ask any questions. My surgeries would be split into 2 days: nose, eyes, fat removal (I have a lot of fat under my cheeks giving me a round appearance) on day 1 and breasts on day 2. The nurses led me into the OT and I was put under sedation for the first time. Occasionally Dr Kang would tell me to open and close my eyes
Usually rhinoplasty doesn't take too long but my surgery lasted ~4 hours since they like to take their time to precisely operate (the consultant said 1mm makes a big difference in noses). I felt ok after the surgery and took time to recover in the recovery room for 1 night. After they placed an ice mask on my eyes, I slept to try and recover for another day of surgery.

Surgery - day 2
I was greeted cheerily by Dr Lee for my breast surgery the day after and he made sure to reconfirm the details as well as talk to me about the risks about the procedure but that they'd take care to minimise these as much as possible. I actually had a complicated operation because I didn't realise I had a tendency to bleed and the procedure ended up lasting many hours (I think about 8?) but I'm glad that I was safe afterwards and he still managed to finish the procedure (they have a good safety record with no incidents since inception). I was wheeled into the recovery room this time since I was in a lot of pain and couldn't really move - the IV analgesics really helped with the pain when I was lying in bed. They gave my mom a pack of goodies to use in our airbnb - compression mask, q-tips and gauze, ice mask for deswelling. Then the doctor prescribed a list of medications and the translator helped my mom purchase them from a nearby pharmacy. If you are unsure of any instructions, the translator will help you write down the post-op details on kakao so you can always reference them. If you are a foreigner, they will also provide you with a letter to the airport should you have problems with customs/immigration.

Recovery
I'll briefly talk about my recovery - I ended up returning to my home country after 1 week and continued to recover there. It was quite uneventful except for the first few days (I ended up spending 2 nights in UVOM's recovery rooms and the 2nd night they let my mom sleep in the bed next to me to take care of me since there was no patient in the 2nd bed (she could have stayed for both but she wanted to bring some clean clothes etc. on day 1). I was in some pain especially on movement after day 2 since that was the bigger procedure but that mostly subsided after about a week. You can also schedule to visit the clinic as many times as you want post-op for their deswelling laserbeam treatment as well as reviews to remove nose packing and stitches. My stitches on my eyes and nose came out on day 7 and over my breast incision site on day 8.
Overall, I am quite pleased with the results and hope that the results will be even better with time. Also, you can always contact them if you have any concerns and they respond very quickly on Kakao.

Here are some BA pictures (1 and a half months post-op):
Left (before), right (after)

[​IMG]
Tips - I definitely recommend washing your hair the day before because although you can ask hair salons nearby to wash your hair, it's best to avoid water splashing on your face. I heard that pumpkin juice/porridge was good for deswelling but I never really had any so I can't comment on its effect. Walking is also helpful for deswelling if you but for me it was hard since I had chest surgery the day after as well so I was in a lot of pain (pain relievers helped but I needed a lot of rest). If you are considering chest surgery, have someone to bring back heavy luggage/with you/ship your items because it will be hard to move around with a heavy suitcase especially in the airport. PM me for additional questions or images (for privacy reasons) and I hope this has helped someone.

Hi,
Do you mind sharing the result of your eyes? If you have kakao, we can chat there, my id is xhanievx

• 1 month later...
Thanks for sharing,
Did you stay in the clinic? theyprovide rooms?
were VIEW or JK clinic part of your choices? I've never heard of UVOM.
Im planning to do a revision on my eyes, previously did my eyes in BKK and they suck.
So right now, I and really torn between all these clinics to choose from.
Hopefully, I could get some good recommendations here.

Hi, how about the price? How much did they offer you? I want also to have breast augmentation. I hesitate between MVP, Opera, Laprin and Pretty Body. I will be in Korea for a short time, don’t have enough time going for f2f consultation to each clinic.

• 5 months later...
Lucky you! I have done FG at Fresh. Surgery is just ok. but with English consultant Evelyn have problem from beginning to the end until now 6 months finally done with her. My gut feeling( from beginning to end ) told me this Evelyn English consultant was a sneaky *****. After 6 month , everything is proved it . and my feeling is right. anyone want to go Fresh , need deeply considerate. Dr. rush no patient have maybe 3 minutes consultant with him ,English consultant is cheating sneaky grass... when have time , I need say my story out ... hopeful nobody step wrong clinic in the future.
there are so many good hospital in seoul , TaiWan, now so many hospital in China is doing plastic surgery ___not bad at all. yes, price is not cheap , but better than the USA .

• 4 weeks later...