BeautyHacker

South korea plastic surgery Questions

hey guys! Im so confused and have soo many questions.i was going to get a facial contouring for my jaw specifically.

1) When is the best time to go to south korea for plastic surgery? I dont want to go when it is too busy.

2) Are the prices too high and the surgery price should be lower? What should the prices be?
The prices for each surgery is as follows:
-From Banobagi is 27.3-33.5 Milk KRW and thenother package was 24.8-30.5 mil krw.

-From ID Hospital is for package one is 37 mil krw and package 2 is 30 mil krw.

-From JK hospital is for package one is 33.75 mil krw and the package 2 is 26.25 mil krw. With room fees, though is complimentary for only 3nights.

-From View hospital the price is either 25 or 38 mil krw.

3) Is there any way I could have complimentary stay in any of these clinics especially if in using docfinderKorea or is it best to go without docfinderkorea?

4) Should I book a hotel at all at south korea at anytime? When in your experience did you have to book a hotel like for the whole entire stay in korea? How do i arrange the stay overall???

5) In your experience does the iv hurt?

6) Did you ever get sleepy that you didnt want to go anywhere whilst recovering in Korea?

7) Which clinic is actually best for facial contouring that will give me best exact results im looking for?

8) LASTLY, Do you think docfinderkorea is enough moral support throughout the entire process or shall I bring someone? Is anyone willing to come with me?

Hrm a lot of your questions are already answered on this forum if you did a quick search or on google.

2) Message each clinic on Line or Kakao and get an online consultation with them on your own because each case is different. Most of them have English translators. If DFK already sent your info to those clinic, just use to a fake name. My experience is that it's cheaper working directly with the clinic.

3) If you're using DFK, you can negotiate stay with them. And some clinics offer complimentary stay.

4) The clinics are all generally in the same area but if you're going to book a hotel for your stay, book it close to your clinic. If you don't know which clinic you'll choose, book a hotel for two days (one night) and do your consultations. When you choose where you wanna go, book a hotel close to the clinic. You're gonna wanna be close for post-op check ups.

6) I'm going in May - so I personally wouldn't want to walk around even if I'm not sleepy lol. It's going to be really hot and the last thing I want is to sweat and get an infection.

7) It depends on what results you're looking for? Natural/minimal, dramatic/dolly...etc. DYOR! You can always bring a pic of what you like and show the doctor but at the end of the day, what looks good on someone else, won't necessarily fit your face. Be very precise on what you want to change and don't just go off of doctor recommendations because sometimes they'll push things you don't need.

8) I'm bringing my boyfriend lol and my friend in Korea is going to meet me up. From what I know, DFK is really helpful but they're not going to go have dinner with you or chat with you alllll day in the hotel room etc. The few days after surgery is the worst because you'll be so swollen and start freaking out that you botched your face. Probably a good idea to have someone you trust tag along to calm yourself down :smile:

HI! I also found some places and did the consultation with them for facial contouring surgeries. Also my Korean friend helps me to get information so I'll share with you:smile:
1. April, May would be good because from June, vacation season in Korea. So clinics are busy and full of reservation. Or Sep, Oct, Nov also good.
2. Clinics where you found are SUPER famous but too expensive! I also thought famous clinics but my friend said those big clinics are way too big so cannot get enough and detail care. So I found some local clinics and I choose one of them. Their price was lower than big clinics and famous for facial contouring. If you want some info, please message me
Also I heard so many bad news about those big clinics and high percentage of reoperation. And the most important thing was they make TOO Vline then I want.
3. I didn't use docfinderkorea so I have no idea that clinics will offer free hotel service with that but I just booked myself.
4. After doing surgery they said I should stay a night in the clinic but I'll keep my reservation during the whole trip in Korea. I don't want to change the room after the surgery and don't want to move my luggage with not good condition lol
5. I've done another surgery before and in that time IV doesn't hurt just injection feeling. If you don't afraid injection, all things are fine:smile:
6. Last time just a day, I was sleepy or tired but right after I go around everywhere in Korea lol
7. I recommend local clinics famous for Korean. There are many places which is not big as much as ID, View.... but I think small clinics are also good and I think they can more concentrate on me and I really liked only ONE doctor in there. It means they will not use someone else for surgery.
8. I cannot answer about this cos I didn't use that service :sad:

I hope you choose a good clinic for you and if you have more info about the clinic where I choose, message me!

Ok and what month is the best time?

Bc im unsure i applied for college recent perhaps but they wont tell me until June or July plus the fact that I still have to save up, but when do you guys think i should go? Shall I maybe just not plan on going yet i suppose and just wait and be patient??

I think you should wait. It seems like you haven't researched too much yet (totally okay), and it would be in your best interest to do more research. Not only about the price and recovery process, but make sure that you are able to handle the emotional toll. If you do not have enough saved up, then price of each procedure / clinic will be an important deciding factor. This will have negative effects because you only have one face; you don't want spending an extra couple thousand to determine which clinic you go.

Overall, you should wait. I heard March - early May and mid-September - November are slow seasons.

Good luck!! xx

Nah tbh I did research but people say different things so yeah thnx

No offense but what the actual f are those prices i'm dumbfounded...... you said you wanted jaw only did i read something wrong? I cant believe they're charging SO MUCH for something I paid about 4.4million won for jaw AND chin. I feel like those plastic surgery centres are only catered towards foreigners to get a lot more money because i'm 100% sure locals pay less than half of what they're charging foreigners.

possibly shes going to have two jaw, otherwise the price is way to high..

Not impossible. Someone told me they wanted jaw and zygoma done and she got quoted 19.5mil like that a hella crazy price

Could you send me the list of local clinics please? :smile: I've been compiling a list too and trying to find the ones that are popular with locals.

Hi Ambergabriel,

I am very interested in your list of local clinics as well! Would you please share with me? =) I am going to Korea in 2.5 weeks! Thanks

Hi, i saw many replies, and just wanna share with u abt my experience of accomodation, answering ur question 4)
U can locate all clinics u gonna consult f2f on google or naver, choose a room (hotel or airbnb) with best locations to get around those clinics, and book for a short time. After u decide clinic, u can move to the nearest to decided clinic as possible room to stay. I stayed a walking distance to clinic I chose for surgery, and i felt it is super convenient, at least i dont need to wait for a taxi driver or use public transport and let many other see me in bruising or swelling lol. I just walked on my own :smile:

• 1 month later...
Yes I would love to know all of the clinics that are of good reputation amongst the locals and also ones that are cheaper. I can't even afford these prices that I got from DFK it is like half my 401k right there. loooool. Do you think those local clinics are waay cheaper than the prices above that I have aforementioned?

Where did she go? I need to consult there to the cheap but good hopitals. I mean I was thinking those prices were waaay too high too. It is like all my life savings gone away to surgery and I cant have that. I have expenses and there is no way I could afford that at all.=/. Thanks!=)