BeautyHacker

V-Line Surgery and my V-Line Reconstruction Surgery

Where is your sagging located? I didn't have a super big difference but i have some leftover fat and skin under my chin /lower jaw lol i still dont regret having the surgery though ...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cheeks are sagging. And I haven't been able to smile...it hurts to smile. :sad:

I'm sorry that you have to deal with unsatisfactory results from facial contouring surgery. I don't think it is normal to not be able to smile after this kind of surgery though. You might want to take a CT scan just to make sure there aren't any hidden bony complications from your surgery.

UPDATE:

My surgery is coming up soon. I am really nervous and I would like to put all my faith in my surgeon.
I sent him a LOT of photos of face shapes that I really like to really drill it in him what kind of end goal I am after.

My implants will be slightly lowering my jaw angle as my jaw angles were completely amputated up to the ear in my initial surgery. My surgeon pointed out that a handful of Korean surgeons seem to go for that no-jaw-vline-look look so they shave the jawbone quite aggressively. But having a very slight jaw angle, even if it is small, is much more natural, and I completely agree!

My implants will also be widening out the sides of my chin so that my overall face shape isn't such a sharp heart shape. I hope that I can get the upside down egg oval face that I want and that I can forget about ever doing jaw surgeries again. I was told that unless an infection were to occur, keeping the implants would have no long term risk or effect on my health as implant materials are biocompatible.

Thank you to everyone who is following my surgery journey and wishing me luck in my upcoming surgery. I feel a lot more at ease keeping an online diary about this, rather than keeping everything all in and secret as I did with my facial contouring surgery.

Yeah you're absolutely right lol I did NOT realize that until I had it done myself and notice it on other girls too now ._. good luck with your surgery

Wishing you best of luck.

I hope everything turns out the way you want it. I am in the exact situation. After losing a large amount of money and an invasive surgery, I spent 2 stressful years crying and being desperate. no one knew I was going to get a surgery. In my case an American surgeon and his staff, actually took advantage of my loneliness and scammed me (Mark Richards Bethesda, USA). I'm living far from korea, I wish I could do facial contouring surgery and then a facelift but scared I end up regretting it and needing more surgeries. I got disfigured so I have to do something. Lots of fake positive reviews or people that put positive reviews just to get a discount. At the end mental stress and strain from a bad surgery and time spent regretting and trying to fix and hide from ppl is even worse than the money lost.

I'm sorry for what you had to go through and that you were taken advantage of like that by a surgeon. I also spent a lot of money on surgery thinking it would make me beautiful without any issues and I can understand your stress of unsatisfactory surgery.

Based on my experience, I would really advise you to rethink and reconsider facial contouring surgery. Do you know what the surgery does? Do you know what face shape you want? Are your goals and expectations realistic? Is this surgery something you really think you need? Facial contouring is a major surgery so you must must must do your research. I may not have been happy with the outcome of my surgery but there are lots of people who are very satisfied with facial contouring surgery.

You do not want to dig a deeper hole and get stuck in an endless loop of surgeries. I promised myself and my surgeon that once I reconstruct my jawline, I will wait a year or two to reconstruct my cheekbones and then it is no more surgery for me. It's really something to think about.

This is an update post on my surgery for anyone who is still following my journey and still interested. I'm currently writing this on my phone from my hospital bed and just came out of surgery. The headache from 3 hours of general anesthaesia is killer and if my sentences sound like they drag on and on then you know why.

The pain and discomfort is unreal. I'm hooked up to an IV bag with blood training tubes sticking out of my mouth as I'm typing this. I dont know why but the immediate hours of this surgery are so much more uncomfortable and painful than the actual contouring surgery. The facial band is so uncomfortable to the point where I'm questioning whether I should have just lived with my unsatisfactory facial contouring results.

I also have yet to process that I have a foreign implant in my face and the fear hasn't settled in yet. I'm excited to see how much swelling will go down in a week.

When the results start coming out I will post some photos

Yeah we have all wondered ''why did i go through this i should've just stuck with my old face'' but remember it always happens when we are going through the pain of something we chose to do, it's not permanent. I wish you the best and hope you recover quickly.

Wishing you speedy recovery. You are so brave, we are here for emotional support!!! The pain will go away soon as you recover!!!! *hugs