BeautyHacker

Fat grafting and PDO thread recommendations in Korea

Hi Forumers!

I will be traveling to Korea on April 20th 2019 for fat grafting surgery. I previously had Fat grafting at banobagi in 2013 (but they rip foreigners off badly!) and at a small local clinic in 2016 (which I can not remember the name of) but I did not like the results there at all. I am definitely due for a touch up and do not want to return to either of my previous FG clinics. Hence, I am doing research for a new FG clinic! The area I am most concerned with is the nasolabial area. I have not had previous filler or FG here so I am a little more concerned this time around as I want to have this area addressed successfully. Has anyone had FG in the nasolabial area?

I have on my list for consults: MVP (thanks missorange!), Fresh, GNG, TLPS, Kim Han Sung and possibly Braun. I find that not a lot of people post about fat grafting after surgery (myself included) because it is usually an adjunctive procedure combined with some other bigger surgery. I am hoping that some forumers that have had fat grafting in Seoul can share their experiences, clinics and recommendations on this thread and that it can help everyone. Also, if you are in Korea at the same time as me, I would love to meet up! =)

Hi! I have not decided yet, still doing research. I really liked Fresh but I have read some bad reviews here so back to square one. The reason why I do not like Banobagi is that I believe something shady happened during my surgery. Feel free to PM about it as I do not want to discuss on the thread. Their prices are a rip off as well

i'm considering fresh for power v lifting/facial lipo/FG too because i really like their before and afters... could you link me to the bad reviews?? now i'm reconsidering ):

• 2 weeks later...
Hi
Just want to share my experience with MVP.
I did threadlift and fat graft around a year plus ago (ard Jan 2018) with MVP. Doc Seo did my surgery.
I think I was given too much sedation and I vomited for 2 days after the procedure. They did ask me back and put me on drip for around 2 hours. I felt better after that.
The end thread of the threadlift on my scalp was tied together with a strand of hair and I had to get a local plastic surgeon to help me cut it. (S$150)
The fat graft had left me two lumps that can be felt when I press my face and my local PS say its the fats not properly processed during the procedure. I had steroid jabs on the lumps which cost me S$400 and the lumps are still there !! Doc say might need few more jabs to totally 'melt' the lumps away.
when I was there, Elizabeth was very very very nice to me. The service was really very good but my result of the surgery is disappointing.
When I came back, they will still response to you for a while or so, but when I recently gave them a update of my situation, they totally ignore me already.
I really regretted going to MVP, I shouldnt have done it just because they gave me a cheaper price compare to other clinics.
I had my nose and eyes done at JW in 2015 and even though the price is at the higher side and service sucks to the core (Jay), but the result turns out beautiful, which is the most important.

I am just sharing my experience. Do all your necessary homework before deciding on any procedure.
Hope this post will help.

Thanks for giving your reviews as this will help other forumners in deciding if they would go to MVP for threadlift and fat graft. I hope your problems will get fixed soon.

Hi niniwowo,
I am so sorry to hear this! I hope the lumpiness resolves soon. I have had FG before and I noticed that when I do intense laser treatments and RF treatments the fat dissolves more quickly. Maybe that is something you can look into for the lumps- to get rid of them quicker. It has been 2.5 years since my last FG and 90 % of the fat is gone so hopefully your issues with the FG will resolve soon.
I have been wary about threadlifting as I have not heard any good reviews first hand about it yet. Did you like your results from the threadlifting? Did you notice improvement in the nasolabial area? (my biggest area of concern).
Thanks so much for posting. You have really helped me and probably countless others. Best of luck =)

My threadlift didn't really help on my nasolabial area. I've seen a Huge difference in others after doing threadlift but it didn't happen to me.
I really regretted doing it at the wrong clinic.

• 3 weeks later...
Oh My goodness, So thankful for your sharing,
MVP was one of my choices after JK and VIEW,
But till now I am still undecided, Im singaporean, I suppose you are too?
I did my previous surgery of eye and lips in BKK thailand Asia Cosmetic Hospital, they suck!
Therefore got to revise it now, chosing korea, otherwise Dr Andrew Tay in SG.
Would you have any other recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I’m reviving this thread because I’m also looking at threadlifts and fats graft. Which clinic did ya’ll go in the end? I was quite sold on MVP based on missorange’s reviews until I read niniwowo’s post. Regen did my first fat graft and touch-up, it’s not bad and lasted about 2-3 years. However, another forumer mentioned that Dr. Oh did quite a bad job for her threadlifts and she’s left with dents on her face. I’m looking for a clinic/dr. that can do both well. Any recommendations?