BeautyHacker

Face Dental Clinic - Dr. Lee (trustable? help to get in contact?)

So, I have a facial paralysis. I've thought about exploring this paralysis and maybe try to get rid of it (as much as possible at least) and see if someone with medical experience can let me know if facial countouring could be an option! And if so, If they could help me with that. I want to travel to Korea and get this done!

I've been recommended "the Face Dental Clinic - Dr. Lee". They said that it's good clinic in Seoul for facial contouring for people with my condition. I've never heard of this clinic before? it's a good idea to get in contact with people who are familiar with reconstructive surgery as well as plastic surgery since I don't want to get botched. So the clinic does sound appealing to me, do you all know if the clinic a safe choice or not? Is Dr. Lee really experienced? The person said that I can send Dr. Lee pics via kakao & ask his opinion, and also that he's he is fluent in English! The problem is, I've searched this clinic up and I couldn't find him I think? Do you guys know how to get in contact with him? It would mean so much to me if I got any answers on this post thank you so much!~

Dr. Lee's kakao is thefacedental, same as his skype user name. Dr. Lee is amazing to deal with, you will like him. He's also very knowledgeable so tell him your condition, he will be very honest with what he can and cant do

Thank you so much! I definitely feel a lot more secure when the doctor is knowledgeable and honest about risks. I'll look into his kakao, this has been a huge help ^^

You can even ask to have a skype video meeting with him, I did that a few days ago and it was great. He answered all my questions and concerns, before we said bye he said we can always call again if I have any more questions.

Oh hi i'm surprised someone has the same issue I had years ago who also wants vline. I had facial paralysis on the right side of my face when I was very young and it went away on its own (I never went to a dr for that for reasons dont ask me why lol) but I still to this day have the secondary effects of them like not being able to smile normally as one side looks like it's more forced, got a droopier eyelid/eyebrow on that side, tense muscles bla bla all on that side only and I was also scared that having the surgery would trigger the paralysis and that it would come back but it didn't so I guess... I did let Dr Lee know I had it years ago too (im pretty sure he cannot fix it tho hes not a doctor that fixes this stuff?????????).

Prior to that I have researched a lot about this paralysis (Bells palsy) and no you can not correct it with facial surgery. It has nothing to do with your bones. It has to do with your nerves (and muscles I think). Go see another doctor in your country for it they might prescribe you with some anti inflammatory pills and stuff like that. You might be lucky if it goes away and you have no secondary effects like I did but the earlier the better pls go have a consultation with another doctor that knows about it. Also yes Dr Lee is experienced he is a maxillofacial surgeon too so that's why he performs double jaw surgeries and fixes people's bad dental and jaw positions and puts it back to its place.

Thank you, it's so interesting how we had the same issue haha! I have the paralysis in the right side of my face as well lol.I checked out the face dental clinic and yea, it seems like Dr. Park wouldn't be able to do much about the paralysis. I still want facial contouring, but going to a doctor who would know if they can do something with my paralysis would be a good option! I think I will do that! You see, I've had it since I was young, and I don't know when or how I got it either. Maybe it was a birth defect? In any case, just like you I can move move that side just fine but it's weaker and droopier. Luckily it's small enough so that people don't really notice it, but I can't stand it and I've always wondered how my face would look like without it.. Hopefully it can be improved even though I've had it for so long~

Whos dr park? You mean dr lee? lol ugh i understand you SO MUCH. I mean i can move everything freely it's just that smiling is limited and everything else is just fine only my eyebrow/eyelid are a bit droopier than the left and that's about it. People dont notice it either but i cant stand it either but it's been such a long time that i guess i just put up with it. I dont know how I got the paralysis either and doctors dont know either. It was an out of the blue kind of thing, if you research the causes for it on the internet they give options but it's not certain. How long have you had it for? For me it's been like 10? Years already. I was so worried about the surgery triggering the paralysis again that I even consulted online with doctors (on realself and on another site similar to it) and i think a couple told me not to do it but i still went and did it with my fingers crossed. Best of luck to you, bells palsy is unpredictable for sure. I've read about some people who got it again later in life and i really really REALLY hope it doesn't happen to me or to you because its a pain in the ass.

Oh yeah lmao I meant Dr. Lee. I feel like maybe I've had bells palsey my whole life? Sometimes it's hard to see in picks, but I definitely had it as a kid too.. Maybe I've had it since birth lol. I am just gonna hope for the best cuz I need this surgery hhhh. Once I went to the hospital to check if it was a paralysis (even tho I knew it was but my mom opposed against it lol) and yeppers it was. And when I asked if I can do anything about it the doctor just told me to live with it. I also asked if she could help me find out more and maybe how I got it but she just didn't want to investigate further sniff. So, I'll be going to another hospital next week maybe, and see if they can do more for me. I don't think I can get rid of it, but I want to know more about it for sure.

I'm giving Dr. Lee a shot! I'm thinking about maybe doing some sort of facelift/fat grasp as well since maybe it can even out my face more? We'll see, I'll contact him on kakao! Thank u for your good wishes ㅜㅜ

I mean i never went to a doctor for it. All I know about bells palsy was from studies and articles i read from the internet lol i once read this and i related to it so much that i've had it saved since:

"Synkinesis is the inability of the affect side to relax and to individually move some the small muscles of the face. Typically symptoms of facial synkinesis are:

1) Narrowing of eye on smiling
2) Dimpling in chin
3) Tightness in neck
4) Asymmetry of smile
5) Asymmetry of lower lip while talking
6) Deeping of the smile line on one side
7) Active tic on affect side

There is evidence that the motor tone of the muscles of facial expression feedback into the emotion centers of the brain and influence how we feel"

I did get a dimple from bells palsy too and yeah it's like really hard to get rid of it (side effects). You dont have active paralysis like you said, when you say you have it it means that you can NOT move that side of your face but you only have the side effects from it like i do and that means the paralysis stopped but it damaged your facial nerves. Do you have an uneven jaw/chin or just your cheeks?

I actually have no idea if it affected the growth of my facial bones on the affected area honestly. I've had it since i was so young that i can barely remember if i had a normal jaw and chin before bells palsy happened so..

I actually do have a lil dip in my chin lol! It might be because of the bells palsy then? I've never thought about that before! On the normal side I have a smile-line but on the affected side, guess what? Yep, a dimple. My right affected cheek/chin is wider than the left side. Also a reason why I want to get fc! Not to meddle with the nerves at all, but to make everything at least a little more symmetrical.

I can smile but it's crooked. The thing is because of the sagginess on the right side of my face I always kinda,,, flex my facial muscles?? It sounds weird ik sksksks. But I kinda do that so that it will match the other side of my face better, it makes me look much more proportional. I wish I could fix at least the sagginess somehow because it's draining to have my face strained like that all the time. And if I ever get tics it's on that side, even though it doesn't happen that much. I can relate to all of those points. What annoys me is the asymmentry and how I'll never be able to get rid of it :/

I dont have a dip in my chin only a dimple so i cant tell you. I dont have all the symptoms i listed in that paragraph only a few of them. I dont get tics either. And actually my affected side is smaller than the other side! wow. I got the surgery to look more symmetrical too lol but i dont have sagging on the affected side even before surgery? what do you mean by sagging? the droopiness? I have a slight droopiness in eyebrow and eyelid plus side forehead looks and feels a bit smaller than the non affected area (i know it sounds weird) but i wouldnt consider it as sagging?

And dont worry. None of that sounds weird to me if i have experienced bells palsy so i completely understand, whatever works for you. I have my own way of trying to have a smile that looks symmetrical too. And i understand.. i will always have an asymmetry but nothing much i can do. when are you planning to get surgery?

I did wirte my last reply kinda weirdly lol. What I have in my chin is a dimple too, and with sagging I meant droopiness basically lmao. So your affected side was smaller than the other? That's interesting indeed! The thing is I've contacted Dr. Lee and sent him pictures as well. I told him I probably have bells palsey, but Dr. Lee doesn't think it's that? Because if it was bells palsey he said it would be more severe than my case. But he also mentioned that to be sure he'd have to check in person. He did still see asymmetry though, and thinks it might just be an imbalance of muscles. And if that's the case I think it's a good thing?? It should be, maybe it's treatable? Idk but anyway, he recommended me to do muscle-fat removal and v-line surgery to fix my issue. I've never heard of muscle-fat removal before so that's very interesting. And he also said that he maybe could "put muscle moves differently"?? Idk he worded himself real strangely right there so I'm confused with what he means. Maybe he's saying he can fix my dysfunctioning muscles heh?

And since I need to use some of the money my parents will give to me once I'm 18 I just had to ask my mom if she would be okay with this. She hates surgeries like this so it'll be hard to make her agree to all this haah ( ;w;)

Yeah affected side is smaller than the other haha. And my droopiness is barely noticeable too but it is there. Omg ure so young! You dont have active bells palsy so you can move your face freely, its the after effects that you have. But i havent seen you in person so i wouldnt know lol wtf is muscle fat removal?!? Did he mean buccal fat removal or??? He never told me or suggested that to me WHAT. Maybe its because i never asked for suggestions so he didnt push that on me when i just asked to take fat out of my cheek or something ..... .lol if he does a surgery like that and if it works then im interested cuz i think i might going to korea in a year or so for another surgery and really want my cheeks to be the same size or something ): ask him what he meant by fixing ur muscles lmao