BeautyHacker

Compression Garment for abdomen? Where to buy?

Hey guys I'm wondering does anyone know where in Seoul to buy a compression garment for the abdomen area? I had liposculpture 3 days ago and the compression garments they provided me with just doesn't work for me. I was given two models, a vest or a swimsuit one.

The vest doesn't fit around my boobs -_- albeit it can be covered by clothing easily while the swimsuit is just freaking uncomfortable cos its like gripping my butt cheeks but not in a good way haha. And I had a brazilian butt lift before so I never like putting pressure in that area. I can't even get a bigger size cos the garment has to be tight

Any of you done abdomen lipo and managed to find one of those "corset" types what just simply wraps around the abodomen?

You could try Watsons in Hongdae or Myeong Dong, they might have them. I bought one at Watsons in Singapore so I think they might have them in stock too. Or you could ask in a pharmacy. HTH
this is what I bought:
https://www.watsons.com.sg/futuro-surgical-binder-abdominal-support-l/p/BP_12437

I'd also try stopping by plastic surgery clinics known for doing body lipo to check out their compression garments. When I see people quoting lipo prices,compression garment is almost always a separate charge (usually around 200k IIRC) and clinics like money so I'm pretty sure they'd sell you one even though you didn't have surgery there.

Any chance you'll be doing a review of how the lipo went and your opinion of the clinic as I can't decide where to go. I'd love to hear your opinion. :smile: Good luck with your recovery!

mine is very minor tho not much to review. I literally booked at the last minute went into the operation room and out 40 mins later with150 cc of fat removed. Good results. I had some uneveness in my upper abdomen cos I've had 3 fat grafts harvested from the belly area (2 were for face 1 was a butt lift) over a period of 5 years. Over time when i gained weight the area which had the fat harvest didn't increase but the area which didnt receive the harvest got fatter and slightly uneven. I only used the belly area for all 3 times because I scar very easily (keloid prone skin type) so the belly via belly button incision is ideal for me to conceal the scar.

I'm planning to go do full body lipo, facial lipo + fg, at the end of May and can't decide on a clinic either, do you want to exchange research and findings? If you have kakao, you can add me at danibabyy.

I don't really want to recommend any clinic, not because I don't want to help but because I don't want to be responsible for anyone's surgery. But I'm happy to discuss techniques and methodology and all that jazz if you need. My kakao is kcouture. For lipo i'd say the general rule is avoid clinics that claim to "specialize in lipo". That is, clinics which specifically mainly market themselves as a lipo clinics are mostly if not all, GP run and operated. Because in Korea GPs are legally allowed to perform minor procedures, Lipo and fat grafting included. I personally would never let a gp touch me because they do not have the same understanding or training when it comes to facial and body anatomy as a plastic surgeon. I've encountered people who have experienced horror stories before by letting a gp touch them. I know a girl who went to one of the lipo speciality clinics, got recommended liposuction for her eye bags when she really needed TCR surgery but the gp recommended lipo for it only because he didn't know how nor was he legally allowed to perform TCR. Ended up with indented lower eyes with deep tear troughs requiring an LB and soof surgery + fat graft to fix the problem. There's no such thing as speciality in liposuction or fat graft in the medical discipline and no plastic surgeon would embarrass himself to tell one of his peers that his speciality is in lipo and fat graft. Id say just find a surgeon who has a keen aesthetic eye.

When I actually consulted 2 surgeons at the same clinic. Both were detailed but the one I selected actually did the following steps:
1) looked at my medical charts concerning all the previous procedures I did to try to figure out what caused the uneveness
2) got me to do a CT scan for my face (i also had 7 ccs of fat sucked out from the right cheek). This showed that facial bone is vastly different between both sides which cannot be corrected with a zygoma reduction as my mid facial bone on the right side was more forward than the left. So the only option is to "conceal" the asymmetry by sucking out more fat in one cheek only.
3) got me to do several sucking in my belly movement, stand under different lights to see how visible the problem is under different lighting conditions, bend my body back and forth to determine areas with tissue wrinkling - all this to determine exactly where and what the problem areas are

This is what I mean by the difference between a GP and a plastic surgeon's understanding of anatomy