BeautyHacker

Re-vision DES in June 2019, anyone going?

Hello everyone!
I am planning to have my DES revision cuz my crease got very low after the swelling was gone.
I had my primary surgery (DES+epi) in June 2016 in Teuim but since then didn't really had a chance to go to Seoul. Mostly I was pretty happy with the whole experience (except the pain of course) and they said that re-vision policy is free. That's why I am going back to them.

I am planning for a long trip (at least June-August), so if anyone wanna hang out together pm me ;)
I speak Korean and if anybody would need some help or translator, just send me a message. I am not part of any clinic, so I have zero interest in that. I was in the same position when I first flew to Korea, so I wanna help people and make them feel that they have at least somebody on their side.

• Like 1

Hi,

I will be going around May 13-25 for my revisional des as well. I'm going by myself and i have booked to stay around sinsadong gangnam gu area (anyone staying around here too?). I'm planning to go consultation with IVE plastic surgery, shinseung, gangnam june and oscar to see how the doctors recommend me. Anyone heard about these clinics? I'm Malaysian and I can speak chinese and english but no korean.

Hi im also planing to do revisional DES
Hi im also planing to do revisional DES either May or June. My revision would be to lower the crease because it was too high and unnatural.

I have found youtube video of korean youtuber, sharing her experiences and tips in doing the des revision. Maybe you guys would be interested. However i can’t understand Korean, even i tried auto-generated subtitle it wouldnt really help either.

And if you could help translating the video, i would really appreciate it. Maybe some of the key points for example hospital name, doctor’s name, price?, how the surgery done?

There are 2 Videos

Thank you

I’m considering IVE and Shinseung as well, based on some recommendation from this board. How did you heard of them. May i ask what kind of revision des do you want? Mine is the crease is too high and deep with scar. I want a natural taper crease.

The video is a bit long, so there key points:
1) She talks about why she wanted to do it at first place.
2) Why she decided to have a revision. (cuz it looked like a sausage especially in the mornings)
3) First clinic was small one in Guri area. Second was in Apkugeong.
4) First was priced at 1000$ (approx), second was much more expensive as it was revision but she got discount (special price) and comparing to other clinics it wasn't that expensive.
5) If you want to get specific information on what clinic and price DM her in instagram.

Second video.
1) First surgery was to change shape of the eye and incisional type. And second one was only incisional for the crease.
2) If you worry about crease being old and new place, you shouldn't worry as the doctor uses the first crease to make new one (sort of), no need to worry.
3) So she doesn't want to be like a promotion so she will give clinic's name and price as said above.

Not much of a help, but that was main points of the videos.

Hi,

I decided to consultation for Ive and Shinseung cause I read the recommendations these two are good at revision des from this board too. My problem is my eyelid crease is too high resulting me having sausage eye and for this revision i’d hope to lower them and maybe front epi to elongate my eyes. But i’m still thinking if I should do the epi or not. I heard Oscar is pretty good at des as well but I’m not sure for revision though. So far Oscar is the fastest in replying me through kakaotalk. However, only Shinseung told me that i could remove my stitches after 3 days while the rest of the clinics told me after 7 days when i consult them through kakaotalk . He must be very confident in his surgery to tell me im able to remove stitches after 3 days or idk what else should i think bout his reply . I’m like kinda confuse which one to go cause it’s my second time for eyelid surgery and I hope to fix it this time.

Omg thank you so much for this!!
So i guess i still need to find out the hospital name hahaha

Anyways, this is a great help. I have been finding for the translation for a long time :smile:

Oh wow your story is similar to mine. About the epi, thats quite a hard decision. For me im kind of afraid of the mistake again. Shinseung also told me about the stitch taken out on day 3, im wondering the same thing. Have you made appointments with him yet? I talked to him about the possibility of going there second half of May, but he told me then i should visit him after 22th, because of the 1 week holiday prior. Im not sure what he meant by that. Did he mention anything to you about that? What about IVE? Has they got back to you yet? I just sent them on kakao but no response yet.
Have you heard of dr. Kang of IOU? According to this board and his website he does focus on revision des, especially high fold case. The review is mix i guess but im considering visiting him too. He responded within a day via email. He mentioned the stitch taken out on the 5th day.

Hi Setgo,
My friend and I will be in Korea by last week of September. What is your Kakao ID? Thank you

Hi Setgo,
I will be in Korea last week of September.
Hi,
I was contacted Shinseung and They told me that I have to put down the deposit and non refundable. I don't know how I'm going to get other consultation from other clinics without loosing the deposit.

Hi Jeyuni,
Do you have Kakaotalk? Could I have your Kakao ID? I'm interesting to get revision eyes. Thank you

Hi,

I’m glad someone is on the same page with me. Struggle is real sister . I heard some said if epi did not done well it will cause an ugly scar and some told me don’t risk it. I made an appointment with shinseung but he told me to postpone as well. I’m afraid that i don’t have enough post op time but i kinda dont know if i should wait... cause i arrive at 13 and he can only see me after 16 and i leave by 25. I’d hope to be able to stay longer after the surgery just in case if anything goes wrong i can still visit the doctor. IVE took quite a long time to reply me but then he did not give me recommendations because he said he need to see my eyes if there is any excess skin to do the surgery. I haven’t heard of Dr.Kang, maybe i should ask them as well see what he said. Can i have your kakao so we can chat there and update each other?

In my opinion 3 days is a little bit dangerous cuz your crease wouldn't be healed up enough, but maybe it depends on the doc...

Oh, u're welcome, try to dm her in instagram, 안녕하세요! 비디오 잘 보고, 제수술 병원 이름 알려주세요. 감사합니다! These message goes like: Hello, watched your video, may you please ket me know the name of the clinic u had revision in? ;) Hope it goes well, if u'll need transcription for the clinic name, leave it here :smile:

You better don't give any deposit, especially non-refundable, that's how they prevent you going to other clinics.

You can leave me your id in pm or here, cuz I'm planning to change my phone and phone number in Korea to local, so I'm not sure if i'll be able to have the same kakao talk id.

Anyone had good experience with Namu, View, JW or Opera for DES? I'm going to Korea in May to get Incisional and epi done for the first time. Trying to find a decent place with a good doctor for epi. Any suggestions?

Hi,
Just found this review on Dr.Kang and think you would like to know the overall experience. You can have a look as well.

Cheers