BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery experience at LaPrin Clinic in Gangnam, Seoul (Breast augmentation)

Hi everyone! It's been about a month and a good few weeks since my breast augmentation surgery at LaPrin Clinic. (March 8th was the surgery date) and I wanted to share my experience will you all. :smile: First, I am 26 years old, no kids, 5'2''. Before my breast surgery, I was a very flat 32AA cup size. I never really worried about the size of breasts during high school, but once I got into college, I became more self conscious about them. I was on birth control (switched about three times) and was low-key hoping I would magically grow boobs from taking them (besides also not wanting to have a terrible cycle every month), but alas to no prevail, nothing! Flat as board. My husband, who was my boyfriend at that time, noticed my lack of confidence with my breasts and made a suggestion about plastic surgery. At first I was like, "No! I'm scared of surgery." And then after doing some thinking, I realized maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea? For a long time I was envious of my sisters having breasts, buying bras, and being able to fit into bikinis without feeling like a chalkboard. I have no idea what it feels like to get measured at Victoria's Secret! I just bought the smallest size they had, which was incorrect for me at that time, I just wanted to feel like I had something there, LOL. Fast forward to last year, my husband brings up the plastic surgery idea again. I told him since we are in Korea now, let's find some clinics. We did SO much research, I swear I was on Google, realself, and this forum all the time just searching. We decided on three clinics in Seoul including LaPrin. When we visited LaPrin, we were greeted by a warm staff and welcoming atmosphere. I was SO nervous, I thought I did a lot of research but any of the questions I had fell out of my brain and I was searching for anything to ask. Thankfully my husband asked majority of the questions, while our translator that met us there answered just about everything we wanted to know. Even after the consultation, I was still nervous and so undecided. I thought about it overnight and decided that I wanted to undergo the surgery. Fast forward to today, I do not regret it all. I'm so glad I decided to do it because I know I would have been sitting here thinking right now "What if..?" No need to wonder about that anymore!

(I found this review format from a google review)
1. Location: *****
Their location is about a minute away from Cheongdam Station, easy to get their by cab or subway. My husband and I took the subway there initially and had no problem finding the clinic. The hotel we stayed in was about a 7-10 minute walk (not 10 minutes after the surgery LOL!! I was walking like a turtle) from the clinic and easy to find. There is also a drugstore super close by to the clinic as well, my husband was able to buy all of my medications and bandages from there for a good price.

2. Staff: *****
Amazing staff! Super welcoming and very inviting. Our translator was with us every step of the way, from the consultation, to the paperwork, to holding my hand before surgery, after surgery, and even during follow-up appointments. The surgeon explained everything to me, even though it was all in Korean, I felt like he really does care about his patients and wants to give the best service possible to them. I felt comfortable with everything, even though initially I was very nervous!

3. Process measures: *****
They were very detailed about the process. They explained that the surgery I would receive was an under the muscle, Microthane silicone breast implant, 275cc. Anything bigger than that would have been too big and too risky since I have a small frame and not much body fat. I decided to go with that size to avoid any risks. I was also shown a virtual 3-D modeling of what my breasts looked like before and after with the implant.

4. Patient safety measures: *****
Before surgery I was given extensive information about the procedure, possible risks, and things I should do before and after surgery. They also emphasize visiting the clinic as often as possible for follow-up appointments as well.

5. After-surgery and recovery: *****
Recovery during the first week was a bit tough for me! I slept in a recliner with lots of pillows keeping me upright. They gave me medication to take three times a day for about a week. I was given an information book about each pill and what it was for. Even though it was in Korean, I asked a friend of mine to translate after we returned home, lol. Taking it easy, resting, drinking lots of water, and eating healthy meals during recovery is essential during the healing process. As tempted as I was to pick up my dog or do other things, I could not do those things without hurting myself. After about a week, I was starting to feel much better. I could do small things around the house like wash dishes, cook, and walk my dog (she is about 8 pounds). I would recommended at least taking two weeks off of work for your recovery but everyone's body heals differently. I was able to return to daily activities in about 2-3 weeks after not doing much. When you return to LaPrin for aftercare, they make sure to check that your incision is healing, keeping an eye on swelling, and they also take you to their skin clinic for quick procedures there.

6. Outcome: ****
What can I say? I went from having no breasts to having breasts!! LOL I love how they look and it has only been a month and few weeks since my surgery. I can only imagine how they will look six months from now! I sadly do not have a before because before my surgery I was too self conscious to take pictures of my breasts, even in bikinis or underwear. :sad: I tried on a few of my swimsuits prior to surgery and they fit SO much better. I now have to get bigger top sizes, I also have not been measured yet for bras since right now I can only wear sports bras until I am allowed to wear actual bras. Wearing a sports bra is much more comfortable than the medical bra you wear for a few weeks! My clothes fit much better, I feel a lot more confident these days, and they are healing so well. I'm always so surprised when I look in the mirror and see that I have breasts! It's still so strange! LOL

7. Scars: ****
I personally don't mind the scars since really the only person besides myself that will see my breasts will be my husband but there are scars there! I have brown skin so my scars are naturally dark, I don't mind them but seeing them gradually fade over time is cool to see. But LaPrin has a skin clinic to help clear the scars and make them fade away.

8. Price: ****
The price varies on the type of implant and size you decide to get. We decided on the Microthane implant, which is the most expensive one they offer. I personally wanted the best I could get, since these will be inside my body for a long time, I wanted to make sure they were high quality and less associated with risks. During the time we were there, they were offering a special promotion and price as well. I'm not sure how often they offer this but it's good to look into!

Overall, my experience with LaPrin clinic was nothing short of amazing, this is something I had wanted for a long time but was always concerned about price, location, time, pain, etc. I worry about a lot of things and this was one of them! LOL But I am so glad I decided to put my trust with LaPrin. My results, after-care, just about everything has been so good and they really do care about their patients, especially foreigners that may have a limited time while in Korea. They want to make sure they can offer the best service and quality care to you as much as they possibly can. I highly recommend LaPrin clinic to anyone that is interested in breast augmentation. I can't speak for their other services, but I would imagine those are just as great too. :smile:

I think so! I don’t know much about their procedure for eyes but I would definitely recommend them just in general. They’re a great clinic and will give you all the information you’d need.

• 2 weeks later...