BeautyHacker

UVOM Consultation experience

For all those raving reviews about UVOM & those who had gone there for surgery, I just like to share my 2 cents worth on my personal experience.
UVom's consultation was by far the longest, and most detailed. However its by the Consultant ( Eunice & Choi) which took almost 2.5 hours ( obviously! cos Korean consultant needed English consultant to translate! takes 2x the time) while doctor came in for 15 mins and left. The consultants will go through 1-by 1 details about what you want on your face and give u a breakdown of what you can do, such as the limitations and also offer suggestions. Overall I think you could learn something from the consultation. But my advise is please put UVom as your 1st consultation in Seoul if you really wanna go there...

Nonetheless, I think everyone should be warned that they are very shady in their dealings. Their strategy is to go thru' the entire consultation, jack-up the prices to sky-high then tell u they give u 30% discount with you in return giving them reviews. Please don't be fooled as after discount its ordinary pricing or infact higher still then the rest! They make u commit on the spot because u get today's best price.. & don't want you to leave etc. Thats a sales tactic which I do not wish to risk my face for such ' money- savers"...

Whatever reviews you saw on-line and in Kakotalk chats was due to the promise for speaking up good things for them. IN my opinion thats not exactly a true review.. cos its forced upon.

There are some people who had good results but its mostly primary & simple cases, I don't think they are great for revisions. When I saw their BA results, I questioned them and their answer was.. what you like may not be what the patient liked. So ta-dah! Win for Uvom.. whatever we saw was what the patient wanted.. thats like pushing away an excuse for every case..

And lastly why I did not sign up with them was because they ask me to do several unnecessary procedures ( and they quoted me 2x the prices quoted by 2 other clinics) and did not highlight the risk to me yet made it sound so simple. When I went to my next few consultations they all told me I do not need the procedures & I was merely wasting my money with little effects. As I said earlier in the post to make them the 1st consultation so that you get a good gauge of the price and what procedures you need and not need at the end of the day..
In view that the doctor spent such a short amount of time with me and everything was via the consultant, I got bit worried.. I rem the consultant said something like the doctor said he will make you beautiful...
Thats such a blanket statement to make your heart flutter... nice to the ears but you won't want to end up the Fool in such cases..

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good experience, but I could not have had a better experience with them. (To be fair, I also had a good experience with Wonjin the second time around, as well as Hanabi even though I didn't end up going there, so maybe I've just been lucky and have never had a "bad" in-person experience in Korea. ) Uvom went above and beyond in helping me get from place to place, since I don't speak Korean, and in doing very detailed consultation that definitely included the risks and tradeoffs. For example, because I am in my 30s, they took a lot of time in explaining the options to prevent sagging and we ultimately decided to go for a more natural result.

I think they do ask literally everyone to post reviews, even those who didn't get that 30% off deal that was going on (I was there earlier than you were, during a different promotion), and I agree that their "non-sale" prices are fairly high. I did save money over the other clinics' quotes in the end, but I agree that it wasn't substantial at all -- I saved maybe like $800 at the end of the day. I was told that the reason they are aggressively soliciting reviews is because they have almost no presence among foreigners, and obviously they would like to change that. You can clearly see that their B/As are not photoshopped, and I can say as a former patient that they exert absolutely no control over the reviews (unlike a certain other liposuction clinic I've complained about and reported, because I was so outraged by a white "American" girl's review that was written in clearly broken English).

That said, I want to emphasize that the staff at Uvom absolutely does not ask for or require good reviews. In fact, when it was time for me to turn in before/after pics to use (as I agreed to prior), I told them that because we agreed to a more natural look, there wasn't going to be a huge difference. I checked later on to see if they'd photoshopped the pictures; they did not (which impressed me in terms of integrity). They asked me to post a review, and I told them that I was not going to be able to say that a huge difference occurred. The English translator literally wrote back, "That is OK, the point is to have an honest review." Anyone can feel free to PM me for a screenshot of my Facebook conversation regarding this very topic. Thus, I do not think it is fair to conflate requesting a review with demanding a positive review.

• 1 month later...
True true, good you are speaking for them can I ask what procedure you did? I’m in my 40s and keen to reduce fats on my lower cheeks and may get a revised rhino in terms of higher projection and reduced bulbous. I’m also worried about sagging