BeautyHacker

Finally have time to travel to Korea for PS... but it's last minute. Is this possible?

Hi everyone! I am Korean, currently living in the US, and I have wanted to travel back for double eyelid surgery and possibly rhinoplasty for pretty much my entire life. It was hard to find time to travel especially with work but I am going to be in between jobs from May 18th to May 31st! I am hoping this can be enough time for me to have a consultation with one or two clinics (I have been looking into VIEW and IVE), schedule the surgery, go in for my 1 week recheck and have enough time to recover before flying back. Has anyone been through a situation like this? Did you feel rushed and did you feel well enough to travel back after two weeks? Thanks in advance for any info/advice!

Hi jellleee, I think 2 weeks is more than enough time to get a consult and recover. You really only need about 7 to 10 days for stitch out for rhinoplasty and eyes. Anything else you can go to a local plastic surgeon to check on if needed. I was in Korea for 3 weeks and I felt like that was too long since I felt fine after 7 days and would have been fine to fly. The extra time was nice to get extra aftercare treatment but it wasn't necessary. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
hey dear! 2 weeks is more than enough! I flew back home on the 10 days after my rhino, perhaps it also depends on the after care. I proceeded my nose job at regen and their service was excellent. The after-care and treatments helped me a lot, especially to get rid of swelling.

Yes it is! I got back from Seoul on May 1st for my rhino and was there for 13 days as well. I flew in on May 18th, got my consultations on May 19th and ended up doing a same day surgery at my top choice clinic since the doctor's schedule only allowed for that day (or else I would've had to wait till the following Monday and get my stitches out at my local American doctor). I didn't feel rushed that it was the same day surgery but just more nervous that it was happening THAT day (I expected them to schedule me for surgery the following Saturday or Monday) 2 weeks is plenty rest time. Surgery sounds really daunting, but I was up on my feet the very next day and went shopping at Myeongdong. The doctor will suggest you to walk around during recovery as it's best for your deswelling.

I still had to get my final internal stitches taken in America by my family doctor, but the clinic gives you a medical doctor note that states your surgery and where the stitches are located. Depending on your clinic and how well versed they are in the foreign department, you can still contact them post surgery via Whatsapp/KaKao with any questions/concerns.

Thank you!! Finding a clinic with good after care is so important! I'll make sure to ask during my consults about their post surgery treatments :smile:

It really is daunting! But its nice to know that it's possible to be up and around the next day. I'm glad the process went smoothly for you! Thanks for the advice!

Ooooh I was considering getting something done for my big cheeks! How was accuzet? Did you like your results?

Thank you!!! I fly out tomorrow and will have my consults on Monday and Tuesday!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Sara88, haha I just asked you about cheek reduction and here I see you have it done. Do you like the results so far and where did you finally do it?