BeautyHacker

Fat Grafting + Zygoma Reduction + Under Eye Fat Reposition @ Namu

Before/After 1 month post-op NO makeup or filters

CC1CA4B1-A62A-4C91-B9B0-0B78D3F1B064.jpg
0FCD5B68-B1DE-490B-8B6F-CE2B7ECE6B75.jpg

Before/After 1 month post-op WITH make up no filters

84070554-279D-4060-B10A-986258CDF2BA.jpg

Where did I go? Namu Plastic Surgery with Dr. Kirk. He is straight forward, answers your questions and speaks/understands English a decent amount so I felt confident he knew I wanted to keep certain characteristics of my face. Claire, the English consultant, was so nice. I was also helped by the other two English speaking consultants during my stay. The nurse who took care of my vitamin drip and recovery stats after surgery was also very attentive. She even chose the English channel for me to watch while recovering haha

I enjoyed my experience with Namu. Claire and Dr. Kirk did not pressure me into anything that I was not comfortable changing on my face. I made sure to emphasize that I wanted to keep the apples of my cheeks for that Gemma Chan shape. I had changed my mind about getting zygoma reduction at first but Claire and Dr. Kirk said it would make the most impact on my face so I'd look much younger. I took a leap of faith with Claire's recommendation and I'm really happy I did.

I went into surgery at around 11:45am the next day after my consult. Surgery took 2.5 hours and I was in the recovery room until 7pm. Claire helped me get my meds and I was off to recover at home.

During Recovery, I came in every other day for aftercare such as vitamin drip, facials, de-swelling light therapy. They recommended as little chewing as possible for the first TWO WEEKS. Namu provided pumpkin juice, protein shakes. By week two I was able to eat most soft foods.

What did I get done?

Zygoma reduction: I had very uneven cheekbones so he was able to make the symmetry closer between the two sides. He took in 5mm on the right side and 6mm on the left side :O I feel the swelling at the zygoma area is at about 20%. The swelling has mostly moved to my lower cheek area which is still at about 40%. It’ll take about 6 months for final results and all swelling to be gone. My pain was about 2/10 sometimes 4/10 if I was talking/smiling too much. It's mostly soreness on the sides of my face where Dr. Kirk pushed my zygoma that felt the most sore. I believe the method he used is called "Secret Zygoma Reduction" via their website. He didn't shave the bone down but rather pushed them in so there is less chance of sagging. I am not getting any younger so sagging is a big concern LOL. Day 3-4 swelling was the worst but by Day 5, the clinic took off all the tape and I felt a lot better/normal.

Full face fat grafting to chin, lower cheeks, temples, undereye and nasofolds: The change from the fat grafting to temples, lower cheek and nasofolds are still TBD since there’s still swelling from zygoma. I can see there was a nice change from chin and undereye.

Under eye fat repositioning: This was done paired with the fat grafting. I still have some faint dark circles under my eyes but it's genetic darkness that is hard to solve since my blood vessels underneath the eyes are so close to the surface. I would say it is a 75% improvement. The hallow eye bags are 95% better than before. Previously, I couldn't hide the bags even with make up but now I can just use a cushion to cover the dark circle vs. having the big bags. You can see the difference between my before/after WITH makeup photo. I'm really satisfied with how this came out.

Originally I also wanted to have revision rhinoplasty but after consulting so many clinics, I needed more time to decide. I didn't want to rush into it without giving some serious thought since all the doctors gave different recommendations. I consulted with VIP, Uvom, Wannabe, Namu and View but couldn’t decide. There's always next year!

Price negotiation was a bit annoying. There was a lot of back and forth about what the price was for zygoma reduction. Quote was super high at first (7.5M won) then reduced (4.5M won) and then another additional cost was added because supposedly there’s an additional charge for metal pin vs dissolvable (6M won) but then price was reduced again to fit my budget (5M won). In the end I don’t think I received a big discount at all after speaking with other girls who had consulted with them. My advice is to research a range of pricing and have your budget ready then have the consultant try to work around YOUR budget not the other way around. Most clinics I hear will give 30% discount off if you give photos etc...

Overall, Namu is a solid choice, especially for facial contouring IMO. They had excellent aftercare and I did not feel any pain or major discomfort. All the staff were super nice and helpful. Plus, results speak for themselves, I look so much younger! I did not have a CT scan done before I left Korea though. I had after photos taken but no CT scan of the result to really see how the contouring looked under the swelling. I guess since I didn't show any signs of complications, they didn't see a need. I'm not sure if it's a standard practice to provide after CT scans in general but would have been nice to see. I'd recommend asking them for this specifically if you decide to go for facial contouring. Otherwise, I'm really happy with my result so far.

Zygoma reduction is not for the faint of heart and I hear many stories of regret after due to the doctor reducing too much or facial sagging. DO YOUR RESEARCH, consult multiple places in your own country as well as in Korea and really consider if facial contouring of any type is fit for your facial ratios. Look at your ratio from forehead to mid-face to chin etc... Sometimes your face only needs fat grafting or some botox instead of full bone surgery. Consultants and doctors can be shady and only want your money so they'll tell you what you need to hear. Having multiple opinions is very important. I consulted with 3 doctors in Beverly Hills before going to Korea to get a sense of recommendations. If you need to extend your trip to make a decision, then take your time or come back another time. What's $1000 in flights and hotel when you're thinking about cutting your face open? Revision is going to cost you even more so don't feel pressured by an insistent consultant who is only going to treat you nicely because you're a walking $$$ symbol. So with that, good luck with your search!
I will be doing updates since swelling will persist for at least 6 months - 1 year so tune in next time :smile:

• 1 month later...
@Daffycakes
You look amazing! Congratulations! I consulted Namu over phone and I was also recommended to do undereye fat repositioning. I'm in my 40s and beginning to look more aged and tired. I also have slightly saggy and chubby cheeks which until today I still don't know how to fix them sigh..

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...