BeautyHacker

Is jaw surgery required?

I intend to get zygoma reduction done despite the many risks and complications involved because having a wide face is something I've not been able to "get over" as everyone tells me to. However, while my chin appears to be a slight V shape (more U actually) the jaw is quite square just slightly narrower than my zygomas.

Do I need to get jaw surgery to balance out the newly slim upper half of the face? If anything I'd like to get implants to lengthen the ramus bone as it's barely there and straight away protrudes my jaw forward making the lower half of my face stick out more than the upper part. I suspect my lips are also naturally downturned because of this positioning. Should I get ASO to fix this?? I want my face aligned properly and actually mandible angles.

PS-so far I've shorlisted EU, Face Dental, Zeah and View. (Feel free to recommend good cranofacial/maxilofacial surgeons in Korea)

Lateral Canthoplasty can make your eyes wider but it is only suitable for some people (depending on the face and eye shape). Fat grafting is probably the easiest way to add volume or make your face more 3D. If you arent sure about what exactly to get done you can just contact a clinic you like and tell them your concerns and they should be able to recommend surgeries.

• 2 weeks later...
I meant wide spaced between the inner eyes, not outer and yeah, I went for a consultation and doctor mentioned he can't do much lateral cantho for me cuz my bones are in the way.

I'm looking more at bone grafts, something permanent. Anyway, I did send my pics to a few clinics and they basically came up with a lot of surgeries, even ones which I never considered to begin with so it's basically a money grab.

epicanthoplasty lengthens the medial canthus and a rhinoplasty can help give the illusion of a smaller space between the eyes if the nose bridge is projected there.

maybe you could lengthen your lower third if its short, this can create good harmony with a short wide face.

Fat grafting is permanent the amount that stays in your face per time you do it depends on things like your age, health, etc.

Your shortlist is kind of similar to mine too! But I heard that Zeah is kind of expensive, isn't it?

I am considering EU, Zeah, the face dental but not view cause I felt like they are not that expert on facial bone surgery rather than Oral and Maxillofacial hospital.

I'm not looking at price more at skill of surgeon and how comfortable/confident I feel in them. Really want to avoid revision surgery or complications, but yeah, it's a little more expensive.

Agree about View but it's a placeholder option and I'm considering getting my nose done there.

Also wondering, is it possible to get temple bone shaved so that my eyes are at the edges and my face looks more 3D/convex instead of flat, because even if I shave my cheekbones, the space at the outer part of the eyes still makes it look wide

Im pretty sure you can get botox in your temples which can make them look more slim.

I agree, cause when I read the forum about the revision... It sounds so terrible. physically & mentally & Financially..