BeautyHacker

Nose revision clinic in Korea??

Hello everyone.i had rhiboplasty twice before, my first wone has a good result but a slightly droppy tip, so I went through revision with another doctor in Turkey who completely destroyed my nose. He made it fat, bulbous, wide, no shape. Since then I have been sad, depressed, I don’t go out anymore and I can’t accept my nose and I can’t find myself anymore. I cried for months but now I decided I need to take a step forward and try to fix it again! So I decided to do my revision nose surgery in Korea in July. I went to consult 3 clinics last week, and I am more confused then ever.

First clinic I saw was also my top choice, Braun. Consultant Maya is really helpful and nice. I did a CT scan. But when I met the doctor, dr. kim Gui Rak, he just looked at me, touched my nose and said he cannot fix it or do a major improvement of my nose. He explained it is mostly scar tissue and it cannot be removed. I was sad, dissapointed and I left Braun with a heavy heart. I really wanted my surgery to be there.
* No fee for consultation.

My second consult was Migo clinic. The consultant there is also super sweet and their korean consultant is so funny and cute lol.
I explained her my concers and also did a CT scan. Then I met dr. Kang Euntaek. He tried to speak to me in English as much as possible. He explained to me how he can improve my nose, but to have realistic expectations. I told him about my Braun experience and he said definitely my bose can have an improvement and he will do his best. This is the doctor that didn’t seem rushed, took his time to explain and didn’t seem bothered whenever I asked him something. Consultant was there but he spoke directly to me in english and spend almost 1h with me inside. I feel like he is really confident. I liked this clinic but I cannot see much reviews about them.
*consultation fee is 10000 won (less than 10 usd)

Last clinic for me was Hyundai. This clinic was extremely busy and the consultant and doctor were both in a rush. The doctor saw me for 3 mins only and had barely any comunicafion. He just nodded and smiled. Consultant told me It cab be fixed. No CT scan was done.
Since I spend 3 mins with the doctor, I asked the consultant to explain to me how he is planning to fix my nose, but she was extremely busy and said she will get back to me.
*no confultation fee

So guys, I saw 3 clinics and all of them told me 3 different things. I don’t know what to do anymore if anyone can tell me about other good clinics with good rhino doctors, I woulf like to research more. Right now I am leaning towards Migo because I really liked the doctor. But it seems like the clinic is not so popular so it’s hard to research about them.
Would really appreciate your advice. Thank you ^~^

Perhaps consult with more clinics to see what other doctors have to say? Imo it would be the best to seek out as many expert opinions as possible and then decide which doctor's method and expertise level you're most confident in

Thank you for you reccomendation. I already left Korea so my only option now is online consult.

Try consulting VIP or Dr. Jin Premium Nose. After months of research, I found that they are good with difficult revision cases. Likely need rib cartilage if you don’t have enough cartilage in nose or ears.

I heard about VIP and I also heard they are good at revisions. Unfortunately they charge 14mil won for a nose revision so that’s way out of my budget.

I'm actually in Korea at the moment and I just had my rhino done at Hanabi! They don't go crazy on their marketing / advertisements. It's mostly locals that go there. Dr. Chang spoke good English and spent quite some time understanding my concerns. After going to 6 clinics (NANA, NAMU, HYUNDAI, WANNABE, and I dropped by Regen just to check it out), I decided to go with Hanabi.

I did book a consultation with Dr. Jin as well but I ended up cancelling since I knew I was going to Hanabi.

Did you go for primary or revision? Hanabi is on my list too. Do you mind PM me your before and after?

Can you please please share before and after?

I'm only 2-day post-op right now and super swollen. I'll show you once the swelling goes down.

I felt that the PS clinics all wanted to upsell me on something saying that I needed accusculpt or buccal fat removal, botox etc. The only reason I did not consult at Hanabi first was that they only do noses and I wanted to get everything done in one procedure. During my consultation with Dr. Chang at Hanabi, he told me that face lipo for me was useless and a waste of money and that I didn't need it at all. He recommended botox which is actually what I need instead. He showed me a lot of before/after pictures of patients with similar cases as me and they all look so good!

The reason I decided to go to an ENT is because the doctor at Wannabe did a CT scan on me and told me that my nose is super deviated. I had to reduce the turbinates that's why I couldn't breathe. My main concern is breathing. Wannabe said they couldn't perform both cosmetic and functional. They said I would need to correct the functional first then come back for the aesthetics later which I didn't want to do.

That night, I researched all the ENTs in Gangnam area that could fix my main function so I can breathe and also do cosmetic. That's how I came across Hanabi and Dr. Jin.

I was lucky to get a walk-in appointment with Hanabi. I walked in right when they opened and they were able to accommodate me. The only thing is that most of the employees there did not speak English well. When I got my nasal packaging removed, the nurse and I had to communicate through a translator app but Dr. Chang's English is very good!

Oh and the procedures I did:
functional: osteotomy, reduced turbinates, and whatever else needed to be fixed so I can breathe again
cosmetic: higher bridge, fixed the bump, alar/bulbous reduction, tip plasty, using rib cartilage

Pain: no pain on the nose but my rib is in a lot of pain!

Thanking for posting a lot of details. I’m looking forward for your result. Please keep us updated. How much did you pay? My top choice is Dr. Jin but I heard he charges a lot.

You should write a review on your experience with your consultations as you visited some clinics that I think quite a few people are interested in but don't have many reviews.

• 3 months later...
Hi. How did u go
I wanna go with braunp too

me too. I didnt know Hyundai clinic. Hyundai isn't car brand? anyway, im looking forward 4 ur result too.