BeautyHacker

How to fix a long chin

Hi,

I'm looking into some procedures to make my long chin shorter. I don't really have a problem with my jaw, I just would like to have my chin like a 0.75 inch shorter, as it makes my face look too long.

I have been thinking about shaving it off, but I don't exactly understand the procedure. I thought they just shaved it off, but it's more like an osteotomy. I'll admit I'm a bit scared by this.

After researching Kylie Jenner's surgeries (yeah, I know...) she says that the change in her chin was due to lip fillers. Could it be true? Could lip fillers help me hide my long chin? I don't mind having fuller lips, though is not my primary aim.

If you want .75 of an inch shaved off then lip fillers wont do much. They will reduce the size of the chin slightly, like maybe 2-3mm since your lips cant get that large. What you want is like 18mm of reduction.

Highly recommend the reduction genio for you, you'll look a lot better. The ideal philtrum-chin ratio is about 1:2 in females, with a proportional lower third of 0.8-1 compared to the other thirds of the face. These are just ratios though, better to photoshop your face and see what is appealing to your eyes

Thank you for replying!!! We don't actually use inches in my country, so I didn't do the conversion right from cm. I think the maximum amount I could shorten the chin would be 0.75-1 cm, more I think would look strange, and also, I don't want to have problems with any nerve. A surgeon from country said it could shorten it by 4mm or so, but he didn't look at any 3D scans before, just radiographies. I think he would just shave it off, he wouldn't do a sliding osteotomy. Aren't the 3D scans required to see where the nerve is?

I want to do a rhinoplastly at the same time, and I talked about making the nose a bit shorter, and the philtrum 1-2 mm longer, as I feel my philtrum is much too short for how long my chin is.

I already have lip fillers (HA), but they were to correct the asymmetry between the upper and lower lip, and I think I would like a little bit more volume, so I will ask my dermatologist about it to see if it could have any effects on the chin.

• 3 weeks later...
Making your lips bigger has nothing to do with your chin but if your chin is flat when seen from the side, it might looks more longer. If you are worried about the osteotomy, then I would recommend Botox to paralyze your chin or fillers inside to make it voluminous. A pretty chin tip will make your chin looks shorter.

Hi @Tremere,
I too had a long chin I called witchy poo chin (see my before photo attached). A friend told me she could recognise my side profile anywhere because of my chin! I felt gutted as it always bothered me even as a child and hated photos of my side profile. I thought my jawbone is too long for my face. I had even seen maxillofacial surgeons in the uk who said my chin was fine and I needed a premaxilla cadaver implant as I had a hypoplastic maxilla and another said I needed angle of jaw mandible implants as my jaw was too sharp! Thankfully I decided against.

I had my chin reduced in Feb 2016 by Mr Lucian Ion in London after a chance conversation during my rhino consult when he asked if I had any other concerns and then replied my chin could easily be fixed! I was gobsmacked. You can read my realself review with photos too. It cost £3k as I was having £7k barbie rib rhino in the same op for my droopy tip and to augment my nose bridge. He did a stellar job and seems to be the only one I know who uses the ultrasonic scalpel to shave bone. I saw immediate results postop, felt no pain, had minimal swelling, and could eat and drink immediately as it is far less traumatic and required no plate or screws like in korea. I am scared my body's immune system will react to titanium screws or any foreign body so am doubly pleased to have the chin bone just shaved through the mouth. Mr Ion called my before chin, strong and said he could easily soften and reduce which he did perfectly. Research who in your area uses the ultrasonic bone cutter or try my surgeon. It is the latest surgical technology and in my opinion revolutionises facial contouring surgery. He had initially suggested I try Korea but am so pleased I trusted him and his revolutionary surgical instrument. I had no preop x ray as he created a perfect chin aesthetically as one needs to see how the skin and tissues look too as one is shaving with precision.

Last year I had x rays at Regen for 50,000 won to be messaged the x rays so could see how the chin was shaped. I have no before x rays to compare. 50,000 won is still cheaper than imaging prices in the uk.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think the problem is the profile, but the front. I look like the daughters of Bruce Willis.

I do need botox to paralyze the chin because I also have pebble chin or orange skin chin.

@MissOrange

In my case it's something like this:

[​IMG]

I have found a surgeon in my country that is willing to shave off some mm off my chin using the ultrasonic scalpel. I'm still trying to decide if I should have this done plus a rhinoplasty next week. I'm not sold on any of this surgeries. Sometimes I think that my face is not that bad, and it could get a lot worse. But it has been nagging me for almost ten years.

Waaaaow your nose is so pretty..

On the contrary, my chin is a little bit receded. I thought I could have an overbite, but I went to two different maxillofacial surgeons and they both said I don't.