BeautyHacker

Single vs double jaw surgery - and other jaw surgery related worries!

So I am currently in Korea right now, and I was planning to get jaw surgery here. My original plan was to get a two jaw surgery, and to be honest, I never even really considered single jaw surgery. The issue I want to fix is an underbite, as seen in the picture below (yes, I am male! I suspect most users are female here)

[​IMG]

Since I've come here, one of the main issues that I have become worried about is whether to get one or two jaw surgery. It may be more of a philosophical question than a hard scientific one. Basically, the main thing I am worried about is how much better I can look, while also keeping my "facial identity", at least to the extent that it is possible. So on the one hand, I am worried that only having a one jaw, lower-jaw only surgery might barely change my appearance and make my surgery quite useless, while a two-jaw surgery might change my face too much and I won't really feel like myself anymore.

Has anyone else here had any similar worries? How did you resolve them? They don't necessarily have to be jaw surgery related, it could be any sort of cosmetic surgery where you were worried about changing too little or changing too much. Also, if you are more familiar with underbite/jaw issues, looking at my side profile, what kind of surgery would you recommend?

Thank you so much. I am definitely going through a lot of worries pre-surgery, and this forum is a lifesaver, thank you everyone.

And here is my face from the front

[​IMG]

Because I don't think my underbite is really noticeable from the front, I actually wasn't even aware I had an underbite until college, when somebody pointed it out to me. I'd pretty much never seen myself from the side until then! Now I'm more keenly aware why everyone always asks me if something's wrong or why I look grumpy when I am feeling completely fine.
Basically, I think I am okay with how I look from the front (although maybe the more keenly aware female eyes could give me honest opinions about that too!), so I would like to keep my frontal facial identity if possible, unless the changes were natural and appealing enough (I know, it is very hard to define "natural"). The side profile I definitely would like to fix though.
Again, thank you for any comments or thoughts!

If by one jaw you mean just jaw contouring then I think you wouldn't really get anything out of that. If you have an issue with your underbite then obviously get two jaw to fix it. I highly it would change your entire facial identity as it's not like you have a very protruding or asymmetrical jaw so the results would be subtle but effective.

By one jaw I mean just lower jaw surgery, so they would move my lower jaw back, but not my upper jaw forward. It apparently will change my frontal image less, but it doesn't seem that common, especially in the Korean cosmetic surgery world.

I see jutting chin on your face, and it has to be improved by 2 jaw surgery and since your lower chin is protruded with the gums, 2 jaw surgery is quite necessary. And it can keep your facial identity though. It will help you to look more better.
You know how important the contours of the face.
Your upper jaw and lower jaw are both protruded .

Hello,
Some of my problems were like you described. I had facial asymmetry (face asymmetry), underbite and square jaw with wide chin. I also had sunken face with nasolabial folds, they also call it smile line right. It makes me look considerably old. After all my problems solved with double jaw surgery.
I can see you have this sunken face with nasolabial folds (smile lines) too.

At first, I made mistake not doing enough research and just jumped in to famous big hospital. And I had face contouring surgery. It didn't fix above all problems. Face contouring surgery made my face longer looking and still have underbite.

Second, I did good research. And found good hospital EU Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. I already shared about my experience here.
I discussed with my doctor Dr. Kim Jong Yun and doctor recommended me Double jaw surgery and V-line. I had very good result. I have shorter, younger looking face. My nasolabial folds dissappeared too. I didn't have any nose surgery, eyes surgery, forehead etc. So I am looking better version of previous me.

Did you make a review about your experience from eudental ?