BeautyHacker

Unusual V-line Swelling?

Hello all!
I underwent v-line and zygoma surgery one month ago. My recovery has gone pretty well- I haven't experienced that much pain or numbness after the first week. The only problem is, I'm still so so swollen. I've been taking pictures to document my progress, and my swelling at the one month mark is pretty much the same as day 8 post-op. I've been pretty disappointed at the result, especially bc I can't even see a hint of a defined chin or jawline.

I've seen other before/after progress pictures, and my swelling seems similar to other people's week 1 post-op swelling. I understand that everyone heals differently and individual rate of recovery can't really be predicted, but I'm feeling impatient with my lack of progress lol. Part of the frustration is that my zygoma swelling has been minimal from the beginning, while my jaw/chin has most of the swelling. This makes the lower half of my face appear way wider than the upper half, which is the exact opposite of my desired outcome. I know my anxiety is illogical because its most likely the swelling, but its making me question and regret my surgery constantly :sad:

Has anyone else experienced significant swelling one month post-op? If so, when did it go down?

Hello! I'm planning to have V line very soon, so I can't help you with the answer, but have you asked your surgeon if it's normal? May I ask where you got it?