BeautyHacker

Under Eye & Full Body Lipo

I was tired of looking "tired". I am 45 years old and have always been told I looked young for my age...good genes, I suppose, but you know, you're your own worse critique. My under eye area was sunken in and I had bags for days underneath my eyes; thus, looking tired all the time.
I found LaPrin and decided with them due to their less evasive methods and faster healing methods for getting Under Eye Surgery and their PowerV Contouring (face lifting lipo).

CONSULTATION (UNDER EYE & FACE)
I went in for a consultation and spoke to Duyen (and Gunay). LaPrin's waiting area and consultation office was nice and clean. They spoke English well and was able to answer all my questions. She reiterated LaPrin's process of how their lipo is how the excess fat is liquidized by Vaser ultrasonic waves and them removed by suctioning. This allows for less pain, faster healing, less swelling, and less bruising. I met the doctor (whom was less talkative otherwise VERY detailed) explain (with Duyen translating) to me specific areas on my face that he would work on and a possibility that I would need a 2nd fat graft after the initial surgery. I decided on surgery about a month later and had surgery on March 19.

SURGERY DAY
I reserved a hotel for the weekend 12- to 15-minute walk to LaPrin. I drove to the hotel but LaPrin's closest metro station is Cheongdam which is a few steps from entrance to LaPrin (corner of building). On the day of surgery, I walked from the hotel to LaPrin. NOTE: Payment is due before surgery. Make sure you call your bank to notify them of the amount being charged because my bank (stateside) initially blocked the transaction; thankfully issue was resolved minutes later.

As I was getting prepped for surgery, surgery team was sterilizing surgery area. Duyen reiterated surgery facial areas (i.e. lower eye area, lipo of "V" area of underneath chin, cheeks). I was scared out of my wits, shaking as I laid on that surgery table but Duyen was beside me holding my hand telling me not to be scared. For the lipo portion I was out but for the under eye surgery I had to be awake to ensure fat grafting was smooth and proportioned when my eyes were closed and open. I woke up all bandaged around my eyes and had a compression band around my head. I stayed in the recovery room for about an hour. I had no side affects from anesthesia and surgery went well. Duyen thoroughly explained my medication that I was to take for the next few days. I walked out shortly after and back to my hotel that was less than 10 minutes from LaPrin.

POST SURGERY
I walked back to LaPrin the following day so that the nurse (I didn't get her name but she was very nice as well) can ensure I was healing well. I stayed on my medicine so as to heal fast. I had the weekend to recovery but had to go back to work. I suggest to anyone to take a full week off from work after getting this procedure. Unfortunately, I was not able to take a full week and went to work looking like Beast from the 1987 TV show "Beauty & the Beast". Fortunately, I was able to work out of my other office which was a bit more secluded and away from people. Thank goodness for long enough hair to cover the sides of my face and make up to cover up the light bruising. I followed after care instructions with detail and the swelling went down after a week.

LIPO (ARMS, THIGHS, FLANKS)
After a month, I thought my face is healing well so decided to do lipo as well with LaPrin. I contacted Duyen and was able to get a second consultation for lipo and that Thursday, May 23. I ended up going in for a 2nd fat graft under eye to smooth out my first surgery and lipo in my arms (360 degrees), thighs (360 degrees), arms (u-line and bra-line areas), flanks (back fat area/love handles area), and hips.

PRE-SURGERY, SURGERY, & POST SURGERY
I reserved the same hotel for the weekend for surgery. This time I was late. I decided to take the metro and ended up being 30 mins late. Duyen and Gunay was so patient and they took the time to complete pre-surgery paperwork and set up my fitting for compression suit and pre-surgery pictures before I went into surgery. As far as payments, I went in ready so no hiccups with payment for surgery compared to the 1st surgery.

Once again I went in shaking like a leaf into the surgery room and Duyen was there right beside me through it all. I went into the very sanitized and sterile surgery room. Anesthesiologist was ready to knock me out and I was ready for everything to be complete so I can be on the road to recovery. I woke up and doc and Duyen were in my recovery room asking me how I was; I was seeing two of them so I stayed for a little bit longer. When I felt coherent and able to walk, I was released with medication and bandages. I was able to walk back to the hotel and began my recovery period in the hotel.

RECOVERY
I returned the following day after surgery for the nurse to re-bandage me and to ensure all stitches were in tact. After the weekend, I returned to work that Monday pretty sore and VERY swollen. Duyen had scheduled me for oxygen therapy where I went into a hyperbaric chamber for about 30 minutes. I also had LED therapy where I laid as if I was in a tanning booth. On Friday, I went back to LaPrin for air compressor therapy where I was put into sleeves and it basically massaged my arms and legs. These therapies allows to speed up recovery time so I can go back to work.

When I went home, I realized I was not taking the medication properly and this was probably the reason why I was swelling up so much. I texted Duyen my dire mistake and she spoke to the nurse on a resolution. Needless to say I was ashamed for not following instructions for medicine.

BOTTOM LINE
Duyen and Gunay has been the best! They respond quickly since my first correspondence with them and they have been following up with me to see how I am doing. The one nurse they have is so nice and friendly; this helps with awkward situation when bearing all while tending to my bandages. I suggest LaPrin for these surgeries that I have done as well as the therapy sessions (after care sessions).
It has been over a week since my lipo. I am still swollen so I've had to find different means to get into work clothes; leggings have been my besties! Even though still swollen I can tell a difference in my waist and back fat area. I'm very excited to see the results once I'm no longer swollen. Thank you LaPrin!
20190427_104032.jpg 20190523_233243.jpg 20190523_232705.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Happysoul123,
Sorry for the delayed response. I was in the middle of moving back to the States. One month post surgery for me was still a lot of healing and swelling in my thighs and experienced discomfort as well. I had also traveled to different countries to meet family on vacation so that probably did not help with the swelling. Flying on a plane probably made my swelling worse. I think the all the pain went away after 3 months and in hindsight, 4 months post is where I'm comfortable again. I do feel a bit of tingles still in my thighs. Overall, I am quite happy with the surgery. I can fit into my old clothes. I want to be thinner still but I think that's me taking the time to go to the gym consistently to achieve that goal. Hope this helps and once again I apologize for the late response.

• 3 months later...