BeautyHacker

Packing for upcoming trip

Hi PS veterans! I am heading out to Korea for the first time for some facial contouring procedures. I would love to hear all your wisdom on what to bring including items used for recovery as well as for getting around the city. Eg: rent a WiFi pod?? Hindsight is always 20/20 and I would love to hear what you wish you have brought with you, or left behind, or for instance wished you would have paid more for accommodations in order to be more comfortable, etc....or wished you stayed close by to the clinic. .....all advice needed. Go!

• Thanks 1

Hi,I think you should bring extra shirt and comfortable clothes because after the surgery,you can only eat liquid foods,and you can’t open your mouth like normal,so you’ll have to change yoir shirt after eating.Which clinic are you going to get your facial contouring?I’m going to get that,too

• Like 1

Hello! I just got back from my PS journey in Seoul, SK about 4 weeks ago. Items I took with me: Extra strength Tyelnol (bot regular + PM version for sleep) Your clinic should administer pain meds. but I found they weren't that strong. A neck pillow! It came in very handy. You can use it on the flight, I don't think it's considered a carry on. When you are lying down after surgery you'll need to sleep elevated 15-30 degrees. The pillow helped me fall asleep in this elevated, face up position. I wasn't sure what kind on anesthesia I'd be given and heard you can become constipated so I took stool softner + anti-diharrea meds. (I ended up not using it, my clinic used "light" anesthesia, so my recovery was non-eventful. You might ask your clinic if they'll be providing you an ice pack before you leave. They should..If not, make sure you be prepared with an ice pack for post surgery.
A very handy thing to have in Seoul is T-Money card! You can purchase in the airport. All taxis/busses/subway use it, most stores I went to used it too. you can reload it in a 7-11 convenience store which are everywhere.
Accommodations: I went the cheap route. I saved a ton of money staying at a cheap hotel - more like a motel, honestly. If I had to do it over again, I'd book a hotel where there's 24hr room service and probably closer if not in Gangnam-gu. You'll be paying your clinic several visits.
If you're taking a taxi from the airport to your hotel, print off the hotel's address in Korean. Most taxi drivers didn't speak english, I discovered. Also, ask the hotel to write the address of wherever you're head to in Korean. Well, that's my advice. Take what you need leave the rest :smile:
Enjoy your PS journey!! I wish you a fast, easy recovery!! Would love to see b/a photos! :smile:

• Thanks 1

yes ! Agree I just did fc too in sk.
Neck pillow number one.
Kakao taxi app for taxi if you get confused by their mrt lol.
Naver Map app is good
I took bus too!
If can use an electric toothbrush .
Buy a paper cup for your mouth medicine.
And please! Book a Airbnb or hotel near the clinic.You will be going there almost Everyday for treatment