BeautyHacker

Should I get revision? (Zygoma reconstruction)

Hi guys

As you guys know I had my zygoma/jaw reduced. Biggest regret of my life. I think my mistake was getting surgery I never needed in the first place. I had this surgery to make my face more symmetrical but only made things worse because the shape of my cheekbone is diff to begin with. One side was more forward and projected and one side was high. When I put my hair down it’s not as noticeable.

I’m on purse forum hoping to get some sound advice from others in the group. I have went on several consults with surgeons but bc of the nightmare I went through the first time—it’s hard for me to trust without being skeptical. Every surgeon is money motivated. They need to make a living so there is a conflict of interests unless you’re fortunate to meet an ethical surgeon.

Enclosed is my ct scan. I was wondering if you guys think its a good idea to have a bone graft done to fill in the gap in my zygoma in order to push the side cheekbones back out?

I know bone graft has a risk of reabsorption but my surgeon told me it will only reasorbed a bit and new bone will regenerate in its place. Any advice will be appreciated .if I ever find a solution, I will post my before and after photos and pay it forward to other girls in the same situation.

For those who want zygoma reduction—please think twice. In order to have this done, your zygoma needs to be huge and protruding. You def need to see the ct scan for yourself and plan with your surgeon together exactly what you want and how to design and shape them. There are many techniques...so surgeons election is crucial.

i get diff opinions. Some say implants and some say it’s better to use your own bone bc implants can get infected, shift and need to be replaced. Finding a surgeon with skills and aesthetic eye is difficult.

If you look at my ct scan, the gap is where my surgeon took a peice of bone out. The part where the bone highlights the eye area.

Does your cheekbone look similar to mine?

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the bone would grow and fuse together, how long ago you took that CT scan?