BeautyHacker

revision rhino - how to get started?

hi all ! i really want revision for my primary that i got in august of last year. i’m feeling very disheartened bc the results are not what i wanted

i had tiplasty for a drooping and bulbous tip and surgeons advised that hump removal wasn’t /necessary/ in my case, and i decided against, but now i’m really really regretting it. i had initially wanted to remove the hump for a straighter and higher bridge. however i found that just doing tiplasty has made my hump a bit more prominent. from the front view my nose somehow looks FLAT even though it is not, and my tip still droops a lot when i smile and laugh. the columella somehow looks fake from the front view too especially when i smile...and i’m starting to think it will stay that way as it’s been 10 months.

for my revision, i would want a straighter and taller bridge, probably by removing the bump and adding an implant. i’ve always disliked my low radix and i’m annoyed at myself for not getting it fixed the first time around lol, especially since i knew what i didn’t like to begin with. from every angle and so many pictures i’ve taken, it just wasn’t what i expected it to be, bc the surgeon said that implant wasn’t necessary and tipplasty would give me the effect i wanted

i’m pretty frustrated and i’m not sure where to start again...should i go back to the same surgeon? how do i decide what i want this time so i can be satisfied with the results? of course i’m worried about going under the knife again, worried about finding time off and healing, worried about miscommunication, worried about flying back to the US afterwards, worried that i’m overanalyzing and should quit while i’m ahead and that i won’t like it the second time, it’s all scary to think about again but i want to be happy with my nose it’s weighing on me a lot u feel me i don’t even want to take pictures

please let me know if anyone would wanna talk over kaokao or if there is a group available! i can send before and after pix thru chat

I had my revision done at Hyundai Aesthetics and I'm really happy with my results. I've also seen really nice results from The Plus plastic surgery. If you just search "Korea plastic surgery" in kakao you will see a few active groups.

How is your nose by Dr Lee?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi! I know how you felt, I've had 3 rhinoplasties before.

My first 2 were done by same doctor. I really liked the first rhino as it gave me a bridge I never had, however overtime, my concern became my tip. I went back for revision 3 years later and didn't like the results at all.
They offered me free revision but I wasn't confident whether the Dr can do the style I want. As over the years, i prefer a more dramatic nose (a nice curve with slim tip) as compared to my firist.
Went with View for my 3rd 8months after my second rhinoplasty, and never looking back since. I shared my experience on a thread I started you can see my B/A there.

Do more research, be clear with doctor to make sure he knows what are your concerns and wishes are. And good luck! :heart:

• 3 months later...
hi! i took a break from the forum and i am now over 1 year post op, and while my nose tip has refined the last few months and become natural looking (taking longer due to my thick skin), it still looks really weird to me at many angles when I take pictures. The fact that i want a higher and prettier nose bridge has not changed, so I’ve decided to take the plunge and start planning for a revision, and hopefully have this done by february. I’m also looking into different non surgical v-line procedures too. I'm considering view and daprs

Recently, I’ve been losing a lot of confidence and feeling ugly no matter what i do or where i turn. Even though I do see my nose is improved, I still feel like it is not what I want. It might become it’s own illness if I keep obsessing over what I did wrong, why I didn’t get it right the first time, why am I still not pretty. I want well defined and dramatic features like a celebrity or idol, so of course my expectations have not been met this whole time. Obsessing won’t change the fact that my face is not yet where I want and I feel so tired of being upset about something that’s already been done. Even though I’m a bit happier with my nose now, somehow I feel embarrassed of taking pictures or looking at my face too closely ):

So I’ll be updating once I have consultations and such set! In the meantime, I’ll try to take care of myself mentally and improving my appearance in other ways so I can be a bit more confident. I’ve been looking at features of ppl that are similar to mine to keep my spirits up, and trying to remember that looking and feeling pretty doesn’t come down to one facial feature. Thank you for the previous advice and well wishes!

Aww!! I think you should be happy with what you have right now!! At least u didn’t get a botched nose! I’m sure your new nose must be better looking than your original right?! I understand your new nose is not enough dramatic, I’m in the same boat with you :smile: but I don’t depressed about it. Just gotta save up money for a few month,do more research and fly back to korea!

Btw I’m 6 months post op and I feel like the shape of my nose is not going to change anymore so I might get a revision before my one year mark

sorry it didnt turn out the way you wanted! what clinics are you considering?

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't go back to the same surgeon. He didn't listen to you when you said you wanted your hump removed. For me, I know what I want for my revision but when I went to consultations, I didn't say anything because I wanted to hear what they thought first. I did state what I didn't like about my nose. Too big and wanted slimmer. Then I just listened. I ended up choosing a surgeon who recommended everything I was already thinking. I understand how you feel and hate to look in the mirror as well. I only take pictures by tilting my head a certain way... I'm getting my 2nd rhinoplasty in December and hope it's my last, but there is no guarantee.

• 3 weeks later...
thank you for your advice! i don't think i'll be going back to the same surgeon after my experience (he was a bit of a creep anyway), and right now i'm just trying to look forward to my revision. let me know if you would like to kkt before your surgery! wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery, i hope you get the results you want! I will probably be going for my revision late jan/early feb

I back that advice as well. I would also never return to the same surgeon who didn't meet my expectations the first time. I often see stories here of people returning to the same surgeon 3x times and it just gets worse - then they are left with such overworked noses that no one else feels confident they can fix.

Anyway, give yourself some credit :smile: It was a major procedure and at that point in time, you did your best. It is only natural to obsess over some areas that you know can look better. Believe me, I was glued to my mirror during the worst of times, feeling worse and worse. It is a bad habit, yes, but know that you're not alone and that it's a stressful situation after all. By the same token, please be extremely thorough with your research as this is a revision, which is already a more complex procedure than an initial primary rhino. I would also recommend to edit your nose in photos from a few different angles to ensure that you and the surgeon will be picturing the same results in your minds.