BeautyHacker

Good clinic for eyelid/facelift surgery? (ASPS)

Hello everyone.

Well, my mom and I are pretty plastic surgery newbie, but after hearing a lot of good comments about Korean surgeons, we're looking for a good clinic, that might try anti-aging/ fix wrinkles (or perform a facelift). None of us speak Korean fluently.

We're not Asians when it comes to ethnicity (well, we're white).

Mom wants to go there in two weeks, so we think about ASPS in Seoul. Any recommendations?

Hi,lots of clinic in Gangnam have English speaking staff,so you don't have to be worried about language,and you should book a hotel in the center of Gangnam,she you can go to the clinic for consultation and check up after the surgery more easily...
You should contact a few clinics online to see what they recommend and to know the price they quote,then short the list for at least 3 clinics for face to face consultation.During the face to face consultation mtry to ask them as much as you can,then you can make your own decision depends on your feeling .
Plus a lot of big hospital can let you stay in their guest house for a couple of days if you get big surgery like face lift.
So here are the list of some hospitals that are good:
View,Hyundai Anesthetic,Nana hospital (is known for eyelids and nose surgery),Namu,....

I would be cautious about facelift in Korea. Most people go there for bone surgery and Asian nose, Asian eye surgery. For those surgeries, Korean doctors do very nice and dramatic job. I didn't yet see extreme facelift results neither in Korea nor in North America. Except one very over price New Yorker but pictures can be misleading. If you find one let me know please, VIP and JK charge as much as north America for facelift and I dont know why they insist on necklift even if patient is young for even facelift

Are the American doctor good at chin surgery too ?

I dont think so, I think bone contouring is better in Korea. A doctor in Boston claims doing cheek reduction but has no after photo! At some point I'm wondering if plastic surgery is just luck and when someone looks good doctors say I did it (some ppl look good before the surgery too) and if it turns bad they say there are risks to surgey.

I think the reason why there are less before and after photos of dramatic facelifts by Korean doctors is because most Korean people grew up avoiding the sun and taking care of their skin whereas Americans still tan very often and don't usually have proper skin care routines so obviously Americans are going to experience far more aging and sagging than Koreans on average.

• 4 weeks later...