BeautyHacker

Had facial contouring surgery in Korea

Hi, I went to UVOM earlier this year. I basically had multiple face contouring surgeries on May 15th and spent two weeks recovering in Korea. I went completely alone without telling anyone about this. I also have anxiety issues and have never traveled by myself.

I've been miserable over my masculine appearance ever since I was a teenager and all these years of frustration and depression had pushed me to go have facial feminization surgery. Its 2020 soon and I really wanted to get it over with, move on with my life and all that.

I looked up a whole bunch of places where to have plastic surgery, it became clear to me that I needed to go to South Korea in order to afford everything without making compromises. My plan was to get as much done as possible in Korea, and then later this year go to a specialized clinic to get my trachea shaved because I didn't find any Korean clinics that did those particular surgeries.

I decided to go to UVOM after having consulted with a few clinics such as ID and JK. ID claimed to offer FFS surgery, but their method of shaving the brow bone only from the sides trough the eyebrows really put me off. They also suddenly assumed that I was allergic to penicillin, probably mixed my medical history with someone else. JK hospital didn't do brow bone surgeries and they recommended me a chin implant despite having clearly expressed what surgeries I wanted to have.

These consultation experiences made me really untrusting towards plastic surgery clinics so I was quite stressed. I had nightmares about getting botched or scammed months before I even booked anything, reading about such cases didn't help things either. I was still determined to get it done, existing had become unbearable and I was willing to risk it all.

The reason why I chose UVOM was because of my positive first impression of them. I talked about my preferences and listed the surgeries that I wanted to have in general without going into specifics. Their detailed explanation on what these surgeries entailed matched my expectations and their prices were quite competitive.
We agreed on a face to face consultation date for May 14th and surgery for the day after. I arrived in the morning on May 14th and took a taxi to the hotel. I didn't get sleep, I had so many things on my mind and felt overwhelmed by everything.

After arriving to the clinic I was greeted by Stephanie, she was the translator for the clinic and helped me along the way throughout the entire process. She helped me talk to the staff, buy medicine and comfort me when I felt scared.
I really couldn't have done this without her, I was so stressed out and tense I could hardly move or speak.

We took a bunch of photos before talking about the surgeries that I was going to have. I talked to a consultant named Eunice and the doctors Lee and Kang with the help of Stephanie.
They were all really understanding and attentive towards me. Nothing felt forced and every decision was completely up to me. The consultation took about 6 hours because we had a lot to go trough and I was taking my time considering about my options.

Here is all the surgeries that I had in mind for Korea:

brow bone reduction
cheekbone reduction
mandible reduction
chin reduction
philtrum reduction
bulbous nose correction
alar reduction
osteotomy
nasal bone shave
fat grafting

I ended up not getting fat grafts because I didn't have enough body fat. I was also recommended to not get philtrum reduction because it would affect the result of alar reduction. So I had everything else except those two.
I'll get those done when I get my trachea shaved, along with hair transplants and what ever else.
They also shaved my cheekbone and jaw from one side more than the other to make my face more symmetrical, they clearly cared about the results.

After consultation Stephanie helped me buy medicine and gave me instructions for after surgery treatment. Then I went from the clinic to the COEX mall to eat, which was a walking distance from my hotel. I couldn't finish my meal and started to feel mortified over the surgery and how my parents would react to this. I took a walk back to the hotel and tried to sleep until I had to go.

Before the surgery we took scans of my face, blood samples from my chest, tied my hair for the incisions and made other preparations.
After the surgery I woke up being lifted up from the operating table to the patients ward. I was completely limp and wasn't able to move much. It was difficult to drink water and I had to breathe through my mouth, which got dry. I also got blisters on my heels that made lying in the bed uncomfortable. I had ice packs around my jaw that were changed every hour or so. After a day I got back to my hotel, in which I was holed up for about 5 days before getting my stitches removed. Removing the stitches from my cheekbones was probably the nastiest part of this whole trip, I didn't feel pain but I could feel the pressure and hear the sound of the stitches sliding out of my cheekbones through my scalp.

At the hotel I had to use ointments, mouthwash, compression masks and medication. I did everything in slow motion out of fear of ruining the results. Luckily I didn't experience any bleeding, but my heart started to race quite often when I was sitting in my bed. Sleeping was difficult and I would usually wake up with a dry mouth and had to try to carefully cough. I was quite weak from not eating anything for a week, but my teeth got really white from drinking only water and cleaning my mouth.
The last couple of days I spent my time seeing various places in Korea despite looking messed up with all the swelling and bruising, I stopped feeling embarrassed and felt excited about exploring Seoul on my own.
Then the day before I left I had a final check up visit at the clinic and said my goodbyes.

Despite being stressed and scared out of my mind, I don't regret having this trip. I feel much more confident about my appearance and being independent. UVOM did a great job with feminizing my face. I'm much happier even though I still have more things to get done. My parents were shocked at first for me doing something so extreme without telling them about it, but were relieved because of how natural the results are.

I attached pictures of my square face before the surgery and after with the scuffed hair

• 2 weeks later...
thank you so much for sharing your experience! your surgery appears to be an undeniable success! congratulations! do you mind also sharing how you narrowed down clinics to your shortlist?