BeautyHacker

I finally did it -- My review of Ruby PS (cantho, epi, ptosis correction & double eyelid)

I was initially hesitant of going under the knife for double eyelid surgery. I've previously expressed interest in "fixing" my eyes to a group of my friends, but most responded with: "don't touch your eyes!" or, "I love your almond eyes!". I've lived with this ambivalence for 2 years -- anchored by the fear of permanent disfiguration. After a year of using double eyelid tape, I was confident enough to start my PS journey.

I started my research into clinics 6 months ago, and created a spreadsheet with the name of the clinic, my personal rating (based on compiled reviews), and estimate. I used purseforum, gangnam unnie (app), and references from my korean friends to compile the list -- DM me & i'll send you a link :biggrin:

The procedures done were:

PTOSIS CORRECTION
NON INCISIONAL DOUBLE EYELID
EPICANTHOPLASTY
CANTHOPLASTY

The clinics I visited were:

NAMU
MVP
RUBY

NATURALISM (cancelled)

REVIEW:

NAMU; They took me in for consultation 30 minutes before closing -- I was already in the area so I just went in & asked for an english speaking representative for eyelid consultation. I met with the surgeon to express interest in enlarging my eyes width-wise (cantho & epi) and a very subtle non-incisional crease. I emphasized my reluctance for getting the "trendy" look, but he kept shaking his head while saying: "no outer corner lower". Claire(?) informed me that the surgeon operates under the notion that patients want the latest "trendy" look. I *noped* outta there as quickly as possible.

NATURALISM; I went into this clinic, per recommendation from another member on this forum. They're apparently know for eyelid procedures. Again, I was in the area and approached the ladies at the counter for a last minute consultation. They told me to come back with a translator. I set my appointment in hopes I'll find a translator in two days, but eventually cancelled it. It looked pretty busy, and the environment felt melancholic & clinical.

MVP; Really great experience. I was so sure I wanted to proceed with this clinic, but I wanted to visit *one more clinic* to make sure I was making the right decision.

RUBY; Lastly, I went to my old stomping ground. 4 years ago I underwent breast augmentation surgery. Fortunately, I went with a fluent Korean speaking friend & she scheduled a consultation for both of us. I'll post a review of this procedure on a separate thread..

Initially, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get my procedure at Ruby given that there's 1000 clinics nearby. I was looking for a surgeon that specialized in eyelids. I was very particular of the enhancement I wanted done. As I mentioned before, I wanted subtle changes -- not the dolly look, but subtle, while keeping the integrity of my birth given eyes.
My representative was amazing. She had a familiar, sisterly-like vibe & often cracked jokes to ease my anxiety. I met with the surgeon Dr. Ko who had this down-to-earth, but calm-like seriousness to him. Boy, does this man love TOOTHPICKS. I think he went through 20 toothpicks in the initial consult. He used them to "design" my eyes to determine how I wanted my hoods to be creased. I kept saying: "the smaller the better, the smaller the better". He was very thorough in explaining the recommended procedures & answered all of my questions in part english / part korean as she translated. He wasn't dismissive, or stone cold like the other surgeons, but he was patient. It just felt right. I cancelled all of my other appointments & scheduled the surgery for the next day. After a year of waiting, I *knew* Dr. Ko was the surgeon for me.

****** S U R G E R Y *******

I'm on day 06 of post-op. During the past 5 days, she messaged me via Kakao & asked how I was doing. Even my own mother & friends did not check up on me as often as she did. She'll send me cute emojis & made me chuckle throughout my recovery. I was concerned with the slight irritation on my right eye & was in constant communication with her.
Overall, I feel great, and it looks great! I have slight bruising & the pain slowly subsided over the last couple of days. I just sat in bed all day, ate ungodly amounts of korean food, and listened to 20+ podcasts.

I'm going in for my final consult today. I'M GETTING MY STITCHES OUT!
I'll update this thread later with my final results & details of the surgery :heart: