BeautyHacker

Natural rhinoplasty results Wannabe Clinic

Hi Everyone!!

Thank you so much for this forum which has come in so handy during my cosmetic procedure journey!!

I'd like to share my experience with Wannabe Plastic Surgery Clinic in Seoul, South Korea for a rhinoplasty to correct a large wide and bulbous nose. It has been a month post-op and the results are extremely natural and beautiful, no one would look at my nose and guess I had had rhinoplasty done!

I decided straight away on Wannabe Clinic from looking at their website, even before arriving in Seoul, South Korea I had this feeling, this clinic is special and will do an incredible job! I felt very assured to go with Wannabe clinic and not "shop around". Though I initially got cold feet when the reality of such drastic procedures (I had initially planned to do multiple but got nervous) to a very evident area of one's body through chatting with Alexa, the incredible English coordinator for Wannabe Clinic, I went through, thankfully, with rhinoplasty.

Everything about my experience was phenomenal. From the English coordinator, Alexa, who speaks perfect English, is always impeccably and beautifully dressed with a beautiful manners, and graduated from Parson's School of Design, to all the staff who are very kind and welcoming and the surgery itself, where Dr. Cha spent 2.5-3 hours meticulously crafting beauty. I was in and out of local anesthesia but whenever I woke up, he was, with incredible focus, crafting away with detailed eye my new nose. He is truly an artisan with high levels of ethics and integrity. Wannabe Clinic, I believe, is one of the best rhinoplasty clinics in Seoul, in large part due to the integrity and dutifulness of Dr. Cha and all the incredible staff!

One of my worries was that my nose might look too Caucasian or pointed so I specifically asked for my nose but smaller ... and guess what, somehow, I have no idea how but sheer talent, he did exactly that: my nose but smaller. So if my nose seems to be not very pointed, I specifically requested for it to be left sorta rounded and flat.

My face has so changed from my nose being different, it is a beautiful nose and as silly as it sounds, has helped my confidence tremendously.

If you are looking for a very natural looking nose, Wannabe Clinic is the right clinic!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, my experience with them was being quoted a price for rhinoplasty and charged that price. My rhinoplasty, a revision, was 4.5M including tax, as I got the airport tax rebate, I think it was closer to 4M? I had initially planned on a small bridge implant so that was included in the cost but did not go through with bridge implant last minute.

That said, I do think it is probably the norm in South Korea to slightly overcharge foreigners and this applies to a lot of other services. I'd go out to eat at restaurants and get charged significantly more than locals, at one spot it was 100% more than the locals cause the menu had a totally different cost for the items. I also recall going to an electronics store looking for a rice cooker and asking the saleswoman if they had rice cookers (using a translating app) and she showed me the most expensive rice cookers, sorta making it seem like those were the only options, when I looked to the side of the expensive rice cookers I saw what looked like it might be a rice cooker which was 10x less expensive, so I asked if that was also a rice a cooker and she sorta scowled and said "yes" ... so upside at least she was honest when asked outright.

This all said, a person has to really keep in mind the history and current economy of South Korea. Koreans have had to live through some pretty hellish stuff for a pretty long period of time and I'm fairly sure it caused some deep psychological PTSD type issues, which are still influencing the culture and society. They still live under the constant threat of nuclear war with North Korea which probably does something psychologically to people. There are not really many social safety nets available to people, in Seoul rent is incredibly high, salaries not really commensurate with the cost ... so while the economy has really done incredible things on multiple levels, the modernization and standard of living improvement in the last 30 years alone is incredible, it is still a really tough place to survive. So I kind of see how as a foreigner, they may view a person as ... I don't know. I just came to accept some things while there and tried to be polite.

I also had very good experiences though, like I recall people helping me with my luggage up stairs, total strangers. I recall people trying to explain how to use machines when I seemed confused, recall money falling out of my pocket and an elderly man running after me to return it ... there were quite a few good experiences with South Koreans, so I feel they are fairly kindhearted people ... but culturally, it is like they have to be very tough to survive, get their country to where it is now, coupled with maybe some lingering PTSD and chronic stress type stuff. So I tried to just stay in a good mood and focus on the positive.

I'm really not trying to soapbox here but I think as a foreigners with the luxury to travel overseas for cosmetic surgery, keeping in mind these things when interacting and possibly dealing with price fluctuations is sorta important. Being somewhat knowledgeable about the everyday experience of the locals you are interacting with to make sense of their behavior in my experience with traveling has helped.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have side profiles of my natural nose. I had initially had a silicone implant in my bridge for a decade and had it removed one month prior to the surgery. My nose pretty much looks the same in shape and flatness except it is slightly smaller now, why it might be difficult to see a big difference. I am happy with the results because it is an improvement over my old nose in overall size, also it remains a very natural looking nose which is the aesthetic I want for my face. I might post more before and after photos that have more of my features for reference as I think it then becomes apparent there is a change, albeit subtle, but have concerns about being recognizable, so am holding off for now. Hope you find what you are looking for on this forum and wish you success on your plastic surgery journey! :biggrin:

I also wanted to add that I feel South Korea was overall an incredible and very interesting place, going there for surgery and tourism was a nice treat and I plan on going back in about a month and half for more surgeries. The community parks are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen in any country, the streets are incredibly clean, the technology of the transportation system incredible and easy to navigate even as a non-Korean speaker. It really is awe inspiring what Koreans have done in such a short amount of time. Compelling, interesting, fascinating, strong, beautiful, profound, quiet yet at times incredibly loud lol ... those are all ways I'd explain South Korea. So it is a place I'd recommend to anyone so long as they understand the other aspects, such as the price fluctuations etc.

Also eat at Paris Baguette, the pastries are incredible!! Especially the cheesetart. :biggrin:

• 8 months later...