BeautyHacker

Best clinic/surgeon for double jaw surgery (EUDental ?The Face Dental? Everm? ...?)

I haven't settled on a clinic yet. All of them listened to my concern and offered a diagnosis.
TFD in particular was very proactive in their treatment proposal. Even though I had one seating with him, the amount of attention Dr Lee gives is impressive. He always kept in touch to answer my questions and adapt his plan according to my requests.

As for the others, I met with both doctors twice. Unfortunately, even though the consultations were very informative, either their rather very systematic financial department or the stiff staff at the desk, always ruins your comfortableness and trust in the clinic and makes you wonder about the postop process when you have no energy left in you.

But if I had to rank the clinics in terms of the time the main doctor has spent in diagnosing/working on a treatment plan specific to my case, I would say:
1- TFD
2- Everm
3- EU
Surgeons have very tight schedules so I really appreciated the exchanges with all 3 surgeons.

There are very few helpful online reviews for double jaw surgery on these clinics so it's hard to decide. If this helps, I came across many detailed Japanese reviews for Everm (more than Korean ones). Just check out twitter.

Also, someone brought to my attention that some clinics use non-absorbable alar cinch suture while others do absorbable ones.
Does anybody have any information on this?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if either Dr Kim or Dr Shin at EU speaks English? For such an important surgery, I'm super nervous about depending on a translator and things literally getting lost in translation. Would love to hear how everyone's experiences were with communication with these 2 surgeons at EU Dental. Thanks in advance!

I don’t know about Dr Shin but Dr Kim speaks very little English and it’s best to get the help of their consultant who can do all the translating. He was able sometimes to pick up a few words and understand a whole question in English based on the context, and as a result even answer in English with a few keywords. But 90% of the conversation relied on the consultant who was very helpful.

The Everm consultation on the other hand was 100% translated.
TFD was 100% in English.

I've been in touch with all three and then some, so far leaning towards everm. i messaged some older posters and everyone seemed pretty happy. plus i like their eye for aesthetics and face shape. Only gripe was their kakao was a bit tricky to dig up whereas the other ones were easier to find. here it is in case anyone else was trying to find it as well. http://pf.kakao.com/_dlixfj

I've been keeping my options open as well looking into other more-local clinics like JUM and ALLSO but i'm having trouble finding recent reviews about them.

I can't understand a thing on Everm website. Do you have their b&a for square jaw and zygoma? Will go there for f2f consultation though.

They both use Morpheus 3D.
Grab your phone and use the Google translator camera
I don't know about about their kakao but I found this.

EverM according to their staff uses photos and CT scans and can do something called Morpheus simulation, but they said you need to give advanced noticed and their may be more time needed to get a technician to do it.

I looked up what that morpheus machine is here:

Also, here are B &A pics, not easy to find on their site. I put some notes on the bottom on how to see more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

To View Photos First Login:
http://www.everm.net/member/login.php

You can use facebook or kakao to login.

Then click over to B & A pages

Looks so good omg

the video covers only the tissue (skin) changes. You have to keep in mind that jaw surgery is bone surgery, which means that you can't model bone by modeling the skin. It's the opposite. The most interesting part was seeing the surgeon model the bone (move your jaws) and then seeing what the aesthetic outcome was gonna look like.
That said, tissue changes are generally hard to predict but the simulation gives you an idea of your overall post-op facial structure.