BeautyHacker

Allergan Implant

Hello, just wanna find out how many girls like me had an Allergan breast implant? I am very concerned about it due to recent medical reports of breast cancer causing from the implants. And after research and check on my implant certificate, mine happens to be one of the implants being suspended. *cry*

Hello! R u having the same problem as me- having Allergan implants now and considering for a revision? Motiva seems like a popular choice but its still very new in the market and its not FDA approved. On the other hand, Mentor is FDA approved and I think they have a new silicone implant which is similar to Motiva. I still cannot decide thou.

Do you have textured implants? Allergan recalled the textured implants only, not the smooth silicone. It's of course good to take precautions, but unless you have issues with the recalled implants (i.e. swelling, tenderness, etc) they are not recommending immediate explantation.

Yup, mine is the textured ones. And I’ve checked my implants ID card, its one of the model number suspended. So far, I do not have any symptoms yet. I’ve asked my local doctor and she said its very rare chance but if I am concerned, she suggested to replace another. I am now indecisive on which implant to go for: Mentor or Motiva?

I am most likely to go with Mentor too. Just hoping to hear more Motiva’s reviews because it seems very good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do u mean?
Like u having a hard breast now?

I have motiva implants (not a very big size im only a b usually in western sizes now). I don't think they are hard at all and I like the way they look. I didn't really care that they aren't FDA approved because im pretty sure they approved Allergan implants and now look what has happened.