BeautyHacker

Tax Refund .. ?

Hi everyone, I'm feeling confusing about the tax refund now, so I browsed around however never see many mentions about it.

Most of them (consultant) told if you pay by card, you'll need to pay additional 10% then you can get back 6-8% in the airport (Means NO refund?)

If you pay by cash, you don't need to pay additional 10% but you also won't get any tax refund.

So it's changed right? Two years ago after paying surgery price (without charge extra) but we still got the 8% in the airport, no matter you pay by any method.

The image I found a member told some give 10% discount to you and same is no tax refund even by cash. But many never mention about this, they can charge a foreigner without any discount, and no tax refund.

Hi! It really depends on the clinic. Some of them charge an insane fee if you use credit card (the 10% you're talking about). Others only charge 2.5% extra processing fee from the bank if you pay card. So I believe that is why you get charged extra 10% and then only 8% back from the airport because they are keeping the processing fee for credit card for themselves. I just came back from Seoul a few days ago and I was able to use my card and get the 8% VAT refund. Price was the same as what they quoted me during consultation regardless of cash or card.

Price same as the amount they quoted you, by cash or card, this means you really got back the tax refund from your paid amount, that's correct.

However 3 of them replied same, which is pay cash also won't get back any tax refund, if you pay card you'll need to pay additional 10, get back 6-8, stupid method and refunding for own additional payment, amount 4,000,000 need to swipe extra 10% 4,400,000 then get back 6-8% (as told) not even 400,000 and that's actually is extra work for you if you pay by card. Since cash also no any tax refund, means there's no tax refund from them h*****, O*****, N***** luckily there's one still remaining, you'll get tax refund no matter you pay by cash or card, and the amount no need to add up 10%. Like the daffycakes said.

So when they told you pay card will get 8-10% tax refund, means surgery amount 4,000,000 you need to swipe 4,400,000 and by cash is 4,000,000 she said won't get any tax refund. Means cash better, for these category of hospital, but you won't get 8-10% back, unless they giving you 30-50% discounts from their actual price (find out their real actual price) then consider ok.