BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty, endotine lift, chin implant, masseter botox at Namu

Review for rhinoplasty, endotine lift, and chin implant at Namu.
I unknowingly booked my flight during Korean Thanksgiving so clinics were closed for three days after the day I arrived, checking Korea's holiday schedule beforehand is a good idea.
I was able to exchange most of my money at my local Wells Fargo into KRW before my trip. This really took off any anxiety I had about carrying tons of USD around, or trying to get new $100 bills to exchange.
Buy a prepaid sim card from trazy online beforehand and pick up at airport, this will definitely save you money. I paid $36 vs $76 when you buy at the airport.
The bus ticket kiosk at the airport was pretty confusing to me so I took the subway. It was less than 5 won to get to my hotel. Don't use Kakaomaps to get around, so confusing, I got lost trying to use it, it's mostly in Korean and very inconsistent, use Navermaps, much more clear. The subway is easy with navermaps.
Make sure to bring a plug in adapter for Korean outlets. I stayed at Urban Place in Gangnam for $58 a night, there is a kitchenette with a stovetop, fridge, freezer, kettle and washer/drier in your room. It was also a 15 minute walk from Namu which came in handy. I brought a water filter, I was confused about whether Koreans drink tap water but it seemed like not.
I REALLY recommend getting a interpreter and bringing them to the clinic with you even if the clinic has an interpreter. My interpreter did a lot of speaking in Korean with Linda and doctors to communicate my wants when what I was trying to communicate was not making total sense to them or things got a little tense. Linda did not always understand me clearly. I also should say that Korea is a patriarchal society and communication is much more passive/subtle than direct. Dr. Kirk was who I saw first. He told me he wouldn't give me a large chin implant and wouldn't do a Bleapharoplasty on me, instead I needed an endotine lift. (I need both). I kind of resisted this and we butted heads, he seemed a bit gruff, but he had just finished doing a surgery. Anyway, after some unpleasant back and forth, Dr. Kook was sent in. Eunice told me later he's been there 15 years but I hadn't read about him. He was much more gentle and things went smoothly. The consultation lasted about two hours with a lot of breaks while waiting for Linda or the doctors. My interpreter really helped negotiate for me in Korean, Linda quoted 9 mil, but I got everything, including masseter botox for 7.5 mil. I paid my deposit before I left, 10%, non refundable. They also arranged a taxi for me back to my hotel after surgery and a taxi back to the airport. I had a good feeling about Namu and didn't have time really to consult anywhere else and get a guaranteed surgery date because of the holidays and peak season. I cancelled consultations at Nana and Uvom.
Day before surgery I had to be xrayed in a different building, they will see you topless fyi. Day of surgery they took my pictures, and there was a little locker to lock up my stuff. I had to wash my face and brush my teeth there. I drank water until two hours before surgery after googling it since it seems safe. During surgery they put a catheter on you when you're out, so just fyi they will see you partially nude.
I woke up from surgery obviously thirsty and I requested to swish water and they let me. The pressure band really hurt and Linda said something about it being removed the next day so I loosened it. I was told to sleep upright at a 90 degree angle but tbh I'm not sure how necessary that was, it made it really hard to sleep for me and I think sleep is more important for healing than angle as long as your head is up. I barely slept the first two nights because it's very difficult for me to fall asleep if I can't breathe through my nose. So first two nights were really hard. I got a little sleep by the end of night two. After they removed the nasal packing life got better. It didn't hurt for me to get packing or stitches removed.
I bruised and swoll pretty badly with purple eyes. Nearly all bruises were gone after 6 days.
It was hard to be alone in the hotel, exhausted, not being able to do much for six days. I had some moments of depression which is common with surgery. By day six I felt okay enough to walk around Gangnam but was exhausted.
My splint was just a plastic v with sticky tape on the back and fell off by day four. There was just tape under that. I took the tape off since I didn't have my last meeting with the nurse and surgeon until right before my flight and didn't want a bunch of crap stuck on my nose. I also showered and shampooed with my stitches and cast on day four and it was fine. The deswelling treatment is just a pulsating laser that didn't seem to do much.
I was pretty unhappy when I first saw my nose, bulbous tip and very projected. I know it's very swollen but the tip is so big I'm not sure how much it could shrink from a physics perspective, there's just a lot of nose mass there. I had almost everything wrong with my nose that can be wrong. Because my bridge still looks very wide and my tip bulbous I was skeptical if Dr. Kook did everything I requested. At the last meeting he said he did and I believe him. Day four and five I'd whipped myself into a frenzy feeling unhappy about how projected and big my nose looks, I was just freaking out for no reason. After talking with Dr. Kook though, he said it's still really swollen. After all, I had a huge nose prior to this so I should keep my expectations realistic. I'm not sure what my final nose will look like, but even if it remains this big I decided it looks natural and it's still way better than before. I love my endotine lift and my chin. Kook suggested a smaller implant, its still swollen but I think he's right about that. The kakao chat rooms for rhinoplasty and other ps were a source of information and comfort for me during this process, I suggest joining if you haven't. That's it!

Wow thanks for the great review! Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! How many days did you end up staying in Korea?

Was it doctor Min and Hong who performed the Rhino ?

• 4 months later...