BeautyHacker

RHINOPLASTY in December 21-Jan 04

I'm currently booked for my trip to go Korea during Dec 21-Jan 04. I land in korea at night time on the 22nd, and was hoping to get surgery done on 23rd. I dont have the luxury of time to do conults because I have to go back to work in Jan once I'm back.
If anyone is going during this time, please PM me! I do have kakao, and I can add you if you leave your Kakao ID here or personal message me too.

So I've been messaging Seoul Guide Medical ( another PS agency) since probably May of 2019. They've given me a couple choices of clinics, price ranges, a brief description of each place.
1) Mina (6-6.6 million)
2) Answer (6.4-7million)
3) View (8.2-9million)
4) ID (6.5-7.1 million)
5) Faceline (8-8.8 million)

At first, I chose ID hospital, placed a $500USD deposit to secure my surgery date on Dec.23rd. I realized after, that I wanted to change my mind and didn't want to go with ID hospital due to reviews I found on this website. So I requested for a refund for my full deposit back, and that took almost 3-4 weeks to chase back.

I've been messaging a girl named Jenya since May and she was helpful. I did video consultation, phone call with manager, sent them my pictures, and discussed about what I had wanted.
I asked about the anesthesiologist process, aftercare(hair,meds, etc), any prior scans/xrays, warranty and what types of procedures that Doctor does.

They then recommended me to go with ANSWER, and I actually know friends, friend who had done her nose there aswell and it looks great. BUT, her nose to begin with looked FINE and only needed minimal changes! It was kind of too natural for me with the way he does his surgeries in the B&A photos. So Jenya e-mails me back discussing about Answer clinic, and I asked them about alar reduction because my concern was when I smile, my nostrils become wide. She then said she will schedule another video consultation for me with one of her managers. When the date came, they didn't even message me for the video consult and then I texted them on Whatsapp asking if this was still happening. They replied apologizing that they missed the appointment and rescheduled me to the following day. Next day came, they missed the appointment time AGAIN. At this point I didn't bother messaging anymore and I think I'm not going to go through Seoul Guide Medical anymore. I'm just going to book the consult myself via e-mails.

So here I am looking for another clinic to book in December this year. I have a new list of clinics I want to e-mail and consult with..
- Cocoline
- Nana
- Wannabe
- Hanabi
- VG PS
IF ANYONE has any REVIEWS and B&A photos they can share, please share with me!

My nose is apparently deviated, I have wide alar, and no bridge at all. I am expecting myself to get bridge implant for sure, and tip plasty. I definitely want to get alar redcution as well BUT, ANSWER PS doesn't do Alar base reduction because Dr. Choi thinks that once he does the bridge and tip plasty, the nostrils will naturally become narrow. I will post some current nose photos soon! But I've decided I'm on the search for a new hospital that can help me with my wants and needs. Will update this thread as time goes by.

Hey Winnie3360! Wow I didn't realize going through agencies like seoul guide medical would be so troublesome! Also the price quotes seem to be ridiculously expensive! From your list I've been to view, nana and wannabe and I decided to go with wannabe. I really liked them all from online consultations and all of their price was pretty much within my budget but wannabe was the most prompt in answering questions and also the fact that there's only one surgeon who does rhinoplasty at the clinic was very reassuring to me. You can pm me for price quote i received from them!

If your nose is deviated make sure that you tell your doctor during your consultation and they say that they will correct the deviation because sometimes doctors will overlook it especially when it isn't very obviously deviated. I have heard that naturalism is quite good at noses too. I would also recommend contacting them via kakao or WhatsApp as that will be much faster than emails.

• 4 weeks later...
Update: so I’ve decided to book my surgery with Nana. Kylie from Whatsapp helped me a lot with answering all my questions and responding very quickly.
Before I decided to choose nana, I was discussing with VG clinic, and then suddenly my constant disappeared on me for a week and I got kind of upset/afraid. So I ended up choosing nana because I needed to book my surgery date soon too. I don’t have the ability to stay in korea for too long, so time is the essence for me too.

omg im planning to go those dates too but i dont want to go alone. would you want to meet up?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I went with dr Jang because I liked her style of rhinoplasty from the pictures Kylie provided to me. Dr Kim’s work was too natural for me and didn’t seem like a drastic change. I will post before and after photos later ...

Update: today is my consult/surgery day with Nana. I’m staying at an Airbnb with my family and It’s a 15 minute transport to the Clinic. My korea friend end up moving to korea with me so she will be my own korean support/translator!! I’m so so happy and fortunate that she was able to come to korea and accompany my surgery.

will update next day after surgery is completed.

• 1 month later...
HI GUYS,
It's been 6 weeks since I did my surgery on December 3rd at Nana with Dr. Jang (A female surgeon!) I had gone through consult with Kylie as my translator over kakao and Robert when I was at the clinic. There was also a new female translator that started in Decemeber, but I forgot her name and she was quite nice.
Some tips before going to korea: (My trip took place in December, just when winter had started but no snow yet)
1) Exchange some money at home country, but exchange the rest in Seoul. There is a currency exchange place in Myeong Dong across the china embassy and that is where you will get the best rate.
2) Bring some of your own vitamins! I brought Vitamin C, probiotics, tylenol(OTC pain med), and other vitamins that can be bring your nutrients up.
3) Humidifier would be good during your recovery week, as your mouth will be super dry from mouth breathing for a week. I had a small portable one that I had threw out at the end of my trip.
4) Micellar water or cleansing water helped for when I couldn't get my face wet.
5) BUY your pocket wifi at the AIRPORT! I missed my opportunity to buy the pocket wifi at Gimpo airport, and It took me awhile to find a phone store in Gangnam, seoul area to BUY a sim card!
6) DOWNLOAD the App NAVER to help you with transportation! As well as Seoul Metro Map app. The metro gets kind of confusing. There are SO MANY different LINES to take and EXIT's to take! But usually there are signs everywhere in english which makes it alittle bit better.
7) You will be walking a lot, bring comfortable shoes and a backpack! Korea charges you for plastic bags and apparently there is not alot of garbage cans in the city. So the best is to put your goodies in your backpack or (suitcase) as I see other people use when they buy A LOT of beauty products etc.

I had paid my deposit of via wire transfer, and paid the rest of my surgery amnt on the day of my surgery with my CC. I did also pay for chin fillers. They did include airport transfer for me AND 3 of my family members.

My Day to Day experience in Seoul during my Rhinoplasty:

Day 1: Dec 23rd @ 10am
I arrive at the building, Nana has different levels, so when I arrived at the wrong floor, they redirected me to the correct floor. Filled out some paper work, waited about 45-60 minutes till I was seen by the doctor for consultation. There were some people there waiting already. I believe I saw 1 person who had just got out of surgery and sat in the waiting room looking lethargic, and 2 other people who were waiting in the surgical PJS/ robes. Shortly I was just like the others, wearing my surgical PJS. My friend was with me at this time and during consultation with Dr. Jang.
they bring me to another floor to get my blood tested for any anesthetic problem.
Consultation: Kylie wasn't there with me, but I did see her before I had went into surgery, and she did pop by to talk to me a bit, but she wasn't my translator. (as she was the one helping who had helped me through Kakao since beginning of Nov. I've been chatting with her through kakao.)Robert was the one helping me translate during this consultation. I requested for silicone bridge, alar reduction, and tip plasty. Dr Jang said she will be taking out the remaining fillers from my nose that I had placed in Nov of 2018, and will do her best to align my nose more straight as I had slight deviation. I showed her pictures of what kind of nose I had wanted and I specifically told her I didn't want my nose looking UPTURNED. My concerns were: I had no bridge, my nose was wide and flat. I didn't like my nostrils, and I notice that If i take pictures front face, you can see the nostrils. So therefore, with the tip plasty increasing the height of my nose tip, it would automatically make the nostrils narrow.

11:45AM:
I get walked to another floor and I'm brought to the surgical/operation rooms. There were many rooms on this level. You can hear other people's heart monitor beeping, it would make you feel nervous if you're afraid of a hospital setting.
I didnt get to see Dr. Jang before they put the anesthetic in me. But I passed out instantly they put the IV in me.

3 hours later ( 3:15PM):
First thing I remembered when I woke up
I was told to wake up, nurses held me up to sit up and walk to the recovery room.
I was super super lethargic, I felt super sleepy/tired. thirsty. I sat in the recovery room for about maybe 30-45 minutes? there were a couple occupied beds but its covered with drapes. and then there were a big sofa chairs. After awhile of sitting there and trying to not fall asleep, they took the IV out of me and then walked me back down to the waiting reception area where I had started at. Ofcourse I had bandages on my nose and I probably look like a puffy fish. Super thirsty, I felt super cold. Losing alot of blood made me feel cold. I felt like if I had walked for another 5 minutes, I would've probably passed out. I was in no condition to walk out and take a taxi home yet. ( I think this was probably 2:30PM) After sitting for another while, drinking water, I eventually started to feel less lethargic/ drugged the f out.
I went to the changing room and changed into my clothes, slowly. by myself. super cold, puffy eyes and face. Came back out to the waiting room and sat for another while. Kylie gave me my take home kit and prescriptions, and appointment card with the dates that I will need to come back for post-op care.
My take home kit contained (2 gel patches and gauze). Robert assisted me to get my prescriptions across the street as I had difficulty walking and standing on my own. He then flagged a cab for me. I also bought porridge and a sandwich from the convenience store just so I could get some food in me, as I had not eaten since 11PM the night before.
3:15pm is when I texted my friend that I was done surgery and that is when I just had changed and got my phone.
IMG_6818.JPG That's me while I was sitting on the couch in the waiting area haha.
Day 2, Tuesday, Dec 24th:
Because I did my surgery during the Xmas week, they booked me 1 day early to get my outside bandage removed. (the bandage that was covering my nostrils) went home and rested. I walked for about 30 minutes that day. I was suppose to get a post of treatment (light therapy I think) but I totally forgot and had left the building instead. Realized I was suppose to go do another floor for treatment after I looked at my appointment card again.
Day 3: Dec 25th Weds
My mom, 2 sisters and I went to a local grocery market and bought food. I stayed in an airbnb for 2 weeks that had 1 stove and sink. I was able to cook in my airbnb. Pretty much for the first 7 days, I didn't leave gangnam. I didnt want to walk/transit too far out from home, because I felt dizzy if I walked too much the entire day. My mom made me ginseng, chicken, red date soup. I took my antiobiotics accordingly. I ate as much vegetables as I could and walked as much as a my body was able to handle. I think I walked for about 1-2 hours on day 3.

Day 4: Dec 26, Thursday
we went out to eat for lunch. I tried my best to eat slowly without breaking my sutures. Brushing my teeth was difficult, but my electric toothbrush helped alot. I couldnt floss at all, as I am a religious flosser. I walked around sinsa/gangnam area for about 4 hours.

Day 5: Dec 27, Friday
I went to my aftercare appointment which was light therapy for 20 minutes. Day 5, I decided to stay in and rest. I walked for only maybe 2 hours this day.

Day 6: Dec 28th, Saturday
I can't remember what I did. But I probably didn't leave my airbnb area....haha
Day 7: Dec 29, Sunday
I went out to to walk around and eat. I was out for about 8 hours this time! Street food, ate out, shopped.I wore a mask around, but at this point I didnt care anymore if people saw my bandages.

Day 8: Dec 30, Monday
I get my cast and sutures take out. after that, they gave me a facial/mask/facewash and then we took the photos post op 1 week. ( to find out after i come back home to Canada, they lost my after photos...)
Below I took a picture everyday for 7 days until my cast came off.
It starts from left to right.
bottom left picture is day 5 and bottom right picture is when my cast came off.
38DAE907-E92E-40E5-9158-4B836843DCE4.JPG

Day 9 - 14
I was exploring the rest of seoul. I didnt have any purple bruise so I was okay with walking in public with and without mask. I was very swollen, and I did have yellow bruising but it wasnt noticeable at all. I think the fact I barely bruised/swell was because I walked a lot and slept at an angle.

Left side is my BEFORE, RIGHT side is my 3 WEEK POST OP
B16A6130-0894-474C-BF81-B629E3C5AEBF.JPG

One only issue I have with my nose right now is how the nostrils are not the same. I understand they said that our faces are not symmetrical, but I am hoping that the shape will be more natural over time. I didn't pay this much money on a surgery just to get a non-perfect nose! Otherwise, I really like my side profile a lot now. Dr. Jang did say that overtime, the tip will drop as well.
another thing is, I can see my sutures inside my nostrils, I can feel 1 suture tip sticking out but its not long enough for me to cut off on my outside alar of one side. and I had accidentally pulled out another suture on the other side of Day 9, which has now caused a big hole scar...hoping it'll close one day...

I use scar gel that the korea pharmacy gave me occasionally. I use Vitamin E oil every night. Daytime I will use between the 2 products and MEDERMA gel.
I'm not sure if MEDERMA gel is working for me. but I will use Vitamin E oil every night on my scars.

These 2 photos is me with makeup, no filter. I did contour my nose. but I am overall happy and satisfied with how my nose looks compared to BEFORE surgery. I chose silicone because I was afraid that if I had to do revision, goretex would be difficult to remove.
B6831581-11A6-48D1-BA8B-FA97C2FA5D7E.JPG

I hope this 1 month review has helped you. There are some other details that I did not mention, but if you would like to know more, you can PM me.