BeautyHacker

DES in Korea or US?

I’m not sure if it’s wise to go for such a simple procedure across the sea but so far, most reviews with results I really liked that I’ve seen on realself were from Korea. I’ll most probably travel alone. So, just wanted to know, if it really worth it or I can simply get my eyes job done in the US? I have a crease but it’s very week and sometimes isn’t noticeable at all, so I want to make it higher and stronger. I also want to change the shape of my outer corner, they are straight and I want to make them a little upward, not sure but I think I’m talking about lateral canthoplasty. I’m also considering epicanthoplasty but afraid in that case my inner corner would become too round (?) Any suggestions on that are welcomed as well. Thank you!

DES is a super popular procedure in Korea and the doctors here have wayy more experience doing this procedure than the doctors in America. Although it may seem like a long journey for a simple procedure, I'm positive that you'll like your results a lot more if you did them in Korea. :smile: Hope that helps!

thank you! :smile:

I decided that there's no better place for making double eyelid than Korea. I already contacted few clinics JK, ID, View, Namu, Banobagi, Cinderella, GNG. All of them look pretty good, some consultants were very responsive while some I had to wait few days. But I think that taking into account their responsiveness in online messaging wouldn’t be fair as they most probably, should also deal with real patients. So far, in the top of my list are ID, GNG and JK. I think I’ll definitely visit those 3 once decide to go to Korea for a consultation.

I have heard in this forum that ID is blacklisted... but GNG and JK both seem like great choices for this procedure!!

I finally decided to come to Korea and if before I could only read someone’s posts and opinions this time I’ll hopefully be able to write my own. My mom decided to come with me, so I guess it should be much easier for me to recover after surgery. My top 3 still remained the same and I’m also thinking about Namu and View, and maybe Banobagi.

I did my DES in the states 3 years ago in Dallas, and I wasn't happy with the results. it just was no change at all in for crease / line and reverted back.

Although my main priority is body for this trip I'm thinking about getting my eyes revised as well. and dr hwang at hyundai aesthetics seems specialized and experienced in this area.

https://hyundaisurgery.com/eye/double-eyelids

• 2 weeks later...
Last week I came to Korea and already got consultations with all clinics I wanted to. As I said, I’m going to proceed DES and in the US the overage price I was quoted was around $3-3.2k and here it costs less. Most of them were pretty busy and in some I had to wait quite a while even though made an appointment beforehand (I think it also affected my impression). So, I’ve made my decision and I think Banobagi fits me and my needs the best. First of all, their consultant had perfect English, was very friendly and detailed. The doctor who’ll proceed my surgery is Dr. Lee was also very details-oriented and attentive. The only thing that I didn’t like is that I’ll have to wait few days before my surgery as his schedule is overwhelmed. But I don’t think it’s a drawback as it also means that he’s a good surgeon if has so many patients. Anyway, can’t wait when finally get my eyes done. I decided to get lateral canthoplasty, epicanthoplasty and partial double eyelid, btw.

• 3 weeks later...
It’s been 2 weeks since I proceeded my eyes job with Dr.Lee. Last week I already removed all stitches and in few days will fly back to states. I really liked Korea, Seoul is amazing! My eyes are still quite swollen, but I can see that the shape has been changed and I like it.

Which doctor in Dallas did you do your DES with?

My aunt had her eyes done in the US and it did not turn out well. She came back to Korea to have them fixed. Based on that and how good the services are here, I would not recommend someone do that in the US. I don't know where she went, but I do think it is true that a doctor who specializes in this, based here (I am in Seoul now), is going to have A LOT more experience with it. Wishing you a speedy, smooth recovery. Enjoy your results!