BeautyHacker

Considering VIP for High SMAS Facelift - Looking for real reviews about VIP & Dr. Lee

Hello, I am considering going to VIP for a High SMAS Facelift with Dr. Lee, because it seems he is one of the few that offers High SMAS facelifts, his Before & After pics look really good, and his website is very informative, although I have not had a consult with them yet.

I’ve been reading some threads here to find as much info as I can about VIP, however, I noticed there’s a couple of posters here who mentioned that they will keep us updated after their surgeries, but then after sharing their two weeks post-op experiences and results, they suddenly stopped making posts or updates.

It's like they just disappeared. For instance, one of the posters here continued to share her experiences with VIP on RealSelf – her two weeks post-op updates with a "Not Sure" rating - but then suddenly stopped. I sent her a private message via RealSelf, but no reply.

This has me feeling really curious and concerned why this is the case. Because why say you will share your experiences and results with VIP, keep us updated, and then share only their two weeks post-op reviews, and then suddenly stop and disappear?

I am wondering if this is an indication that they aren’t happy with VIP and Dr. Lee and are keeping their mouths shut for some reason?

If anybody has had any real life experiences with VIP and Dr. Lee, both good and bad, and before, during, and after having surgeries with this clinic, please reply to this post and/or send me a direct message.

Much appreciated and thanks in advance!

I went to VIP for rhinoplasty and have been happy with my results for years. I think many people move on with their lives, after all the researching and the trip to Korea, they probably want to show off their new look and forget about the online stuff. As much as I want to help others, it gets a little old answering the same questions over and over. I posted a positive review of VIP on Realself and was attacked for being too positive lol! The moderators had to block a lot of comments. People were rudely demanding more photos, more angles. I stopped checking my account.

I am not sure how happy people are with their facelifts from VIP. I saw a few ladies while I was there getting facelifts but did not keep in touch with them. It was too soon for me to tell if their results were good.

Hi bisousx,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to reply to my question. I can understand what you’re saying.

It’s good to know that people stop sharing their experiences and results not because they weren’t happy with their results, but because they’re just getting on with their lives.

Do you mind sharing with me your RealSelf review link, so I can take a look? If not here, then perhaps via a direct message?

If not, no worries … thanks again for your reply. Best wishes!

Are there any other reviews of VIP that are from 2019 and positive, that are not promotional reviews? I really wonder what happened to that girl who got the midface augmentation and rhinoplasty and she said her nostrils ended up looking like mcdonalds arches... I like Dr. Lee and I can tell he's a skilled surgein but their consultation process is not very good for that amount of money, it's so generic and I'm not sure if the doctor actually reviews our photos or if Jessica just sends the same generic long form template to everyone. Let me know how your surgery goes if you go with them @lisa.t xo

Thank you biousx for posting the review, I have been considering VIP for revision rhinoplasty. It has been mentioned here on this forum that VIP can be really pricey. Can you please share the cost of surgery with VIP? I just want to get some rough idea about the cost, a rough range would do. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates to this question? Someone who can share a not promotional experience at VIP in 2019? I read a really bad review at the Google reviews from someone who said that his nose was collapsing after the surgery and who would know 10 other people that had also bad experiences. However, all other posts I read so far are quite positive.

Below the Review I am referring to. I am having a good feeling about Dr Lee, VIP so far, but this makes me a little nervous. Can anyone share recent experiences?

(Original)
„My partner went in to get rhinoplasty and the results after 1 year are worse than before. Throughout the year we have been contacted by multiple patients who have also had terrible results. One patient we spoke to had to get a revision surgery ONE week after their first rhinoplasty because they messed it up so bad the first time and the entire nose collapsed

Be very careful going to this surgery as they only show a small number of patients with good results. After being visiting the clinic and meeting other patients, none of them have been satisfied with their results (we have remained in contact with 10+ patients over the year) . It seems most of the reviews here are fake as every real patient we have spoken to in real life is unhappy with their experience.

The clinic also runs promotions where if you write a good review you get free skin care, LED mask and other promotional items. This promotions lacks integrity and really shows the true colours of this clinic.

Throughout the year the doctor kept saying that her nose looked bad because of the swelling and that it would improve over time. After it was obvious that her nose was not going to improve the surgery then blamed her for choosing silicon over rib cartlage. However, during consultation it was the doctor that stated that if she wanted a natural result that silicon only would be sufficient.

This was a complete waste of time and money and really hope nobody else falls into their trap.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for this. Can you please post the link to the thread?

You can google for “dr Lee vip Korea google review”. On the right side of the google search will be some information including the link to 81 reviews. Overall it’s good - 4,8 start. Sort by the worst and you will find the one. Since it is a pop up window, there is no link to share.

I went there recently- search “Real VIP Experience”. Dr Lee is a highly skilled surgeon but I didn’t go with VIP for my surgery. Before you get rib rhinoplasty, know that it can take several years to heal and for swelling to go down completely depending on your skin-type. It’s not like a regular rhinoplasty- rib rhino takes immense patience. I had my first rib rhino in 2017 and I feel that it’s 95% healed. Xo

Sorry for missing your message! I went in 2011 and paid (around) $11-12k for rib rhinoplasty + paranasal/midface.