BeautyHacker

Which is better: multiple surgeries at same time, or one first, then another?

I have heard people who have undergone double jaw/orthognathic surgery see rather dramatic shifts in their facial appearance over the months of recovery, sometimes for the better and sometimes not. For example, if you want to get rhinoplasty should you wait to see the outcome of your jaw surgery before electing to do the rhino, to ensure the best aesthetic result? Do people generally clump their surgeries all in one go just to get all the pain, stress, anxiety over and done with? Is there any reason to avoid having multiple surgeries, aside from costs?

First of all, in case of double jaw surgery and rhinoplasty you can't combine them. You need to get rhinoplasty after recovering from double jaw.
But in general, I think it's better to get everything done at once if you are sure about what you want to get and fix. Imagine undergoing stress, anesthesia, anxiety and recovery several times :o It's worth doing all at once and forget about it. Also the younger you are when getting surgery the faster you recover, less skin sagging, etc. So if there is a place where you can get all the surgeries you want and enough money on your bank account - why not?

To proceed two-jaw with rhino is impossible in no matter way. Just imagine, right after the surgery your teeth will be tied 24/7 for up to 4 weeks, nose and most probably throat will be swollen and blocked. It’d be extremely difficult to breathe with nose, while your mouth will be tied and closed and to breathe with your mouth would be almost impossible. This is an answer to your question :smile: And when I got my two-jaw dr. Oh recommended not to proceed rhino (I got it done at regen) as once my jaws were fixed and put in the right position all my facial features and even ears were aligned and became more balanced and symmetrical. So, yes… I’d suggest you to proceed two-jaw first, wait at least 6-10 months to see the final result (in my case, it was noticeable almost right away) and then if you are still unsatisfied, you can plan rhino. Good luck!

Ah that's a key piece of info I didnt know about. Thank you. Do people generally get multiple surgeries done at the same clinic? Or is it possible to opt for nose at one clinic and eyes at another? (during their stay in Korea)
Interesting! Did you get your rhino at regen or your two jaw done there? I'm a little confused... Did you have to return to Korea a second time to do the rhino? 4 week long stay for 2 jaw is the minimum required time for recovery? Did you have braces before or after your jaw surgery?

• 5 months later...
Its ok to have surgery at different clinic, my advice is

two Jaw surgery
  • First
  • oral maxillofacial surgeon (safety reason)
  • relatively harder/
  • gives your face a good base
  • Recover/deswell (minimum 75-90days)
Nose/ Eye surgery
  • Second
  • Relatively easier
  • Plastic surgeon/ ENT (functional problem)
  • or other anxillary procedure you might need

On the side note, good to do nose surgery after two jaw because your alar base/ or upperjaw structure will change, so its good to do them after/ a good surgeon will balance the rest of the feature on your face with the NOSE/Eye workd - and make you even more pretty :smile: