BeautyHacker

Korean Clinic Leaked My Private Information Online / GNG Hospital /

Part 1 Here - https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1019591-gng-hospital-stay-away-at-all-costs-an-update-part1/

So following all of part 1 and post-surgery, I recently found out in September via a private source that GNG Hospital decided to leak all of my private information to people online, with the attempt to get my reviews taken down.

leaked.jpg

The documents above that were emailed by GNG Hospital contain all my private information such as emails, my full name signatures, addresses, basically everything I can be identified with.

Screenshot-2019-11-01-at-17.43.31.jpg

I won't reveal which admin who sent me this me above just for privacy issues, but they were gracious and kind enough to notify me of what happened. (Thank you Purseblog/forum and the person for being so open with me about this, and protecting patients first and foremost)

Quite frankly I am shocked and stunned by such a blatant disregard for privacy and confidentiality from this clinic. I'm also extremely upset and feel violated and continually tortured by GNG Hospital not only physically, but just as much mentally.

Not only is this illegal under European law with regards to patient confidentiality rules, but it's also illegal as far as I know in South Korea. I would appreciate more advice on this for anyone more familiar with this happening to them, as I don't think clinics should be able to get away with leaking people's extremely private information to whoever they feel like.

Just when I think they can't stoop any lower given what I have gone through. They lower the bar even more.

And after that, it decided to get even worse because I was angry and decided to email them asking what the hell they are trying to do.

I'll go into that in detail when I can pull the messages from my phone later on. I'm am so upset still about this :sad:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to preface these messages I attach with something for the sake of transparency and 100% honesty.

This was a conversation I also had with my parents and it was very difficult because I am a pretty principled person If I'm wronged in life.

I always said: if I was compensated enough over the money that originally I paid, I would stop posting negative reviews online. I hope everyone can understand this side of things from me, as sometimes I feel guilty because I really want to help others,...but at the same time, I desperately needed the money should a refund materialize ( it didn't btw because this is a dishonest hospital as you will see in these messages )

sxasxasxas.jpg

So after a couple of weeks, GNG basically prepared a contract and sent me an offer, which I flat out refused (see above) a couple of reasons.

Like I said above, I'm a principled person, but being blunt and honest with you,..if an offer was huge enough I would have considered it, but not at the expense of my pride.

The reasons I felt the offer was an insult?

(1) The compensation was not enough in my mind to justify taking it down and then it not being valuable to others

(2) The compensation didnt factor in the emotional cost, the revision costs, the physical costs, the whole package.

(3) The contract isnt an apology. The contract if you read it below essentially puts the blame all on me, and aims to absolve the hospital of everything. How can this be a kind gesture as they said?

3ee3e3.jpg

(4) The contract has horrible stipulations inside it, if breached saying I will be arrested and brough to Korea etc and pay 10x the amount I received. How can this be considered a kind gesture as they said?

(5) The contract requires me to travel all the way to Korea, take valuable time off work and face them and relive horrible memories of that place I really didnt want to.

For transparency, the contract they sent me is below in full. I have only excluded amounts.

Note also underlined that this contract is purely just to absolve them of all blame and protect themselves, there's nothing altruistic or kind about the gesture, which would have motivated me more if I'm honest to stop the reviews and think they had changed

They are exactly the same as they have always been. The same self preservationists. They only care about me simply because I am costing them money and damaging their ability to market internationally, that's all.

Hi Hora. I am looking into it now with a friend from Korea helping me. I think I will be hopefully be able to bring some sort of civil case against them after contacting the embassy. They are putting me in touch with the right people.

• 3 weeks later...
Omggg I spent at least an hour or two horror-reading all your threads and seeing all of the photos as well as others' experiences. Shocking how GNG treats their own patient after payment. I would never go there - the staff sound like greedy and slimy businessmen rather than caring medical professionals. Thank you so much for your saving others potential future pain and regret. Best of luck!