BeautyHacker

How long does it usually take to recover enough from rhino to show in public?

I’m planning corrective rhinoplasty this coming December and want to come to Seoul. So far I got online consultations from few clinics, most of them saying that 2 weeks would be enough to recover… but I don’t actually think so… Can anyone share how long did it actually take you?

I seem to remember by about week 4, I started think less about the nose.
Still swollen, but it did not feel so standout huge. For week 2-3, I was self conscious about bulbous swelling and feeling like hiding out. Warm weather made it worse.

oh wow... I didn't realize the weather can play its role, thanks for letting me know

2 weeks I think quite a good result... but still can't understand, how stitches connected to your general feeling... (?) anyways, thatnks for letting me know

I mostly walked around a lot post op (gradually though) over a week and a half, and I looked presentable after I got my nose cast removed. Hot weather does play a part, but I went in the summer and walking plus good nutrition did wonders!

At 2 weeks I was okay with my nose :smile: though I still had some bruising but its not noticable after makeup.
The nose by then will be presentable but still feel swollen and sensitive so still be careful and not touch it too much. Picking your nose will be a task you will feel scared to do
You still have to sleep elevated cause laying down will cause swelling.

• 2 weeks later...
Last time my decision regarding plastic surgery was ID and for the past week I saw so many bad reviews about them and also saw few posts here, saying that ID is actually blacklisted on both purse and realself already. I also found reviews on Banobagi’s surgeons for rhinoplasty and all results were pretty good. I contacted them few weeks ago and although, their price was a bit higher than other hospitals sent me, I think it’d rather proceed such a serious surgery in a big-scale clinic.

I've seen people look perfectly normal after just a week. I've also seen people still looking wild for a couple months. It all really depends on how intensive the procedure was (if a lot was changed or just something small) as well as personal genetics. For me, I looked presentable after 2 weeks, but still very unlike myself for exactly 4 months (equally super swollen all over the face, especially with an upturned nose that had yet to soften, come down and heal - but like a stranger wouldn't know that it wasn't my regular face).

Hi strangella18!! I'm currently 10 days post op from my nose surgery and I'm comfortable walking around in public! I got my nose splints and stitches out a week after my surgery and I was shocked to see I barely had any swelling. I know there's still some swelling remaining but I'm happy with the result right now so I'm excited to see what I look like after two weeks.

I'm about 2 weeks today. I only had tip surgery, revision. I saw a refined version of my nose, post surgery, which makes me think this is my last rhino! but since then, nose is swollen, but really doesn't look that much different than old nose. A bit puffier all around. wearing glasses, many people won't even notice. I don't feel hideous either. but had previous nose work where around this time, I think my nose seemed a lot chubbier, which made me self conscious for that worst week of swelling after cast -- week 2-3 (this is just my experience). most bruising is gone, but what's there can be covered up with good concealer. if you're getting bridge work or not, this thing was great for your glasses. I'll be using even after I'm all recovered. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H3ZJAIM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...
So, I finally got my rhino done. As I said in my last update, the hospital I went to was Banobagi and my surgeon was Dr.Noh paid around KRW 5,000,000 and I think it totally worth it! It’s been a week already and although, my nose is still a bit swollen, I feel comfortable enough to go out. The first few days were the worst because of swelling, bruising etc.etc. On Wed next week I’ll already fly back home and I think I’ll look good enough to go back to work. Thank you everyone!

Congrats! You're in the home stretch!

My experience this time was about same as my previous post. However, I thought the swelling would be worse since it was a revision. It wasn't any worse. In fact, I could see the result-improvement, faster. I don't know why. The ask was for more definition, less bulbous, more prominence, a little longer. By about week 3, I think I could start to see that happening and it soon after surpassed my old nose, making me very glad I did it. Other doctors were reluctant to try, offering the reason that it was "OK, good enough." I'm glad my doctor was confident he could improve it. No one has seemed to give it a second look, look deeply at me, ect---but I think that's going to be determined by what you had done and who it is that is around you (I work with mostly male engineers, definitely not scanning my face frequently for cosmetics...)