BeautyHacker

facial sagging after zygoma reduction

Back in 2016, I've done my zygoma reduction. I can say that yes my face structure changed and I start looking kinda childish but what I didn't like it that it looks like I've got too many fillers on my cheeks and every time when I am going to do some botox the surgeons asking me when and where I did a fillers to my cheeks even I didn't do anything.
Year by year, I can see that it cause facial sagging but every Drs. telling that there is no side effect. Now I feel that it was my big mistake as the bone that surgeon cut is a carcass for the cheeks. I don't want to do a facelift as I don't feel that I am a candidate for this procedure and I feel if return the bone back to that position it will give a lifting effect so now I would like to do is reposition back, but wanna ask if anybody has any experience in this kinda surgery?
Any suggestions?

Heyya, I've seen lots of threads about that on this forum like this one. There are some ideas such as thread lifting there that you can research on.

Btw, in that thread I linked (or another one like that, but it wasn't hard to find), there are some users who shared realself profiles and on there, some "reverse" zygoma reduction was a success. Just look around a lot on this forum and you'll find documented revision experiences with imagery. One girl even had custom implants placed over her jaw area to put back volume in her face and get rid of the sag.

I'm sorry you're going through all this. I went through something similar from a surgery also in 2016, but eventually finally found a solution this year - so I am sure you can figure out something as well :smile:

Hi there, thank you for your message.
Could you share some links about reversed zygoma reduction? I was trying to find but only found topics others with similar questions but didn't find that somebody shared about reversed zygoma reduction.
BTW I have enough volume on my cheeks but all volume after the reduction has gone forward and later down and if I add the volume with some custom implant I will look like a hamster.

Here's one I just found :smile: I'm sorry to say I didn't save others I saw, since this is not the exact procedure I had myself. However, it was very interesting to learn about this and I did find successful revisions/reversals, mostly with users linking realself experiences. Off the top of my head, bone grafting was another solution that I hadn't heard of before.

The search feature isn't so good on this site so I don't use it much, rather, I end up clicking on profiles of comments I find interesting, and then reading more of their posts and so on. Sometimes, the recent posts have new updates and successes. I'm also very new here so I don't know how to re-visit threads/posts I've seen or something like that, but they are here for sure. Just takes a lot of digging sadly. If I do see them again, I will share with you.

Thank you for the link :smile: