BeautyHacker

Lost My Deposit at Wannabe PS....**Warning about Paying Deposit**

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would update you guys on my situation. I was supposed to go to Korea from Nov 10 to 22nd for nose + eyes and had paid a deposit of $493 CAD at Wannabe PS to secure surgery date for November 12th. The payment was through their website via credit card.

So literally 9 days before my flight, I found out I was pregnant, which was totally unexpected. Obviously for the sake of my unborn child, I was going to cancel my trip. I immediately contacted them to let them know that I would not be able to go on my trip. I notified them on November 3rd., which was 9 days before my surgery date. Based on their original terms/conditions that they sent me, I understand that I was only able to get back 90% of my deposit as I had cancelled more than a week before. I was totally okay with this and I was told that my refund has been processed. However, it's been 12 business days and I haven't seen any sort of a refund on my credit card at all. Therefore, I contacted them today via Whatsapp to follow-up. My first message was read but I haven't received a reply so I sent a second message and the second message was delivered but not yet read. It's been an hour already and no response. However, during the consult online, they are usually quick to reply. They were so nice to me the whole time during consult and I can't help but feel so scammed. I'm not sure what else I can do on my end at this point but I thought I would let you PFers know about this and to be careful about who you trust.

I'm still trying to be hopeful at this point that I will get something back but it's looking grim.

Thanks Pakune! They did respond to me and told me that the refund was processed on November 4th. They sent me a screen shot of a confirmation but it's all in Korean so I have no idea what it says.They told me to call my bank to check. I guess all I can do now is wait and be patient. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. Will keep you posted

I’m glad for you
Did they struggle to add your bank information ? I also want to get my deposit back lol

Hi Pakune, I didnt provide banking info. They sent me a link to pay online so I did via credit card. If you can, I would suggest getting it back too.

Hi Cassie, I still havent received anything back to date. The Refund was processed Nov 4th. When i paid via credit card, they got payment right away and was able to confirm that with me the same day. Its been 21 days since the refund was supposedly processed but I still havent received anything. They could easily be telling me to wait for eventually nothing. Therefore, I dont see how my post is misleading if I havent gotten my money back. If they refund me back, I will definitely update the post and change my title. I wrote this to warn others so if you dont think its helpful, you dont need to read my thread.

Maybe try to see them in person if you go back to Korea