BeautyHacker

Is there actually a quality difference?

I am a white male from America planning on going to Korea in the next two weeks for a revision rhino, double eyelid surgery, hair transplant, and cheekbone/jawbone surgery.

Is there actually a real difference in quality between clinics like Opera PS, Banobagi, Hershe, Mina etc? Opera appears to have the best pricing, but i dont want to forgo quality for a cheap price. Is the price difference based on less experienced surgeons or just higher pricing to foreigners?

My primary concern is i am wanting to retain a masculine jaw/cheekbone but i just want them a little less round/blocky.

Do i need to pick a clinic that specifcally has experience working with caucasian males for rhinoplasty or am i overly concerned?

Any info is appreciated!

Hello, due to my research, I found that banobagi is way too heavily marketed and overpriced. It's kind of like a factory. Opera price is great indeed but the results shown on local apps is very mediocre..
One place I saw that did a really good job for Caucasian plasty is Answer. I believe they are just in the same building as Mina if I'm not wrong. I forgot lol. But here's a YouTube review of someone who has a great result from answer.

I ended up preferring mid-size -- so I think this is about 4-7 surgeons at the clinic. You'll see the same doctors around the office, get 1:1 time with your own doctors (not a ton but enough). They have enough staff to give you all the bells/whistles (English speaking consultant, post-care (surgical dressings, hair washes, led therapies, airport pickup/dropoff, etc) and consistent care. I was pretty happy with JW plastic surgery- the level of service on all points. I just got back from my trip there and will post pictures at some point. Dr. Suh (nose) has tons of experience as does Dr. Kang, who did anti-aging/eye for me. The location had many pluses, too. oh also-- cctv in the operating rooms, everywhere, really.
I'm sure it wasn't the cheapest place but I did want the bells/whistles and I got it, for sure

I had the consultation with the surgeon in real life at HERSHE and wrote a review based on my experience, :smile: I'm not too sure if they are the one you were looking for but definitely satisfied with their services for foreigners. They seem to care and understand the patient's worries! You better go there and see what I meant =P

I had the consultation with the surgeon in real life at HERSHE and wrote a review based on my experience, :smile: I'm not too sure if they are the one you were looking for but definitely satisfied with their services for foreigners. They seem to care and understand the patient's worries! You better go there and see what I meant =P

I'm thinking about Shimmian in Gangnam, my Korean friend recommended this clinic.
It's a small clinic with 25 years of experience and just two surgeons especially one of them, dr. Jung is super famous for revision but her french friend did his rhino from Dr. Hyun and it went so well, he wanted to maintain a little bit of humped nose and the doctor reflected all his requirements.

My friend told me don't go with big clinics such as Banobagi, Opera, since they are just like factories spending an enormous amount of money for marketing, even can be deceived by the so-called 'shadow doctor', the different doctor from consultation operates your procedure while you are passed out. And also choosing clinics with just financial reasons can raise the possibility of side effects which will cause bigger spending later on, I looked into some side effect cases and it was not a joke.

The price of shimmian is comparatively high but I almost made my mind up with this clinic.
Recording surgery with the camera, offers one-night staying in the recovery room, the doctor (dr. Hyun) graduated the greatest medical univ in Korea - Seoul national university and I heard he is summa cum laude, I said wow here lol, and English staff..etc they seem to offer all the basic services for free to the patients abroad. I hope you check this clinic up too.

Definitely, I agree.
Big hospitals seem to be organized but the actual surgery experience would be a different story I guess.
That was why I chose hershe =P

I think yes. I got FC quite recently, got consultations at few places and ended up with the one, that’s in top 5 in Seoul. Of course prices are a bit higher, but even staff attitude level was totally different. I think it’s quite important too as bedside and aftercare are things you expect to be on the highest level after getting a surgery, especially when it comes to such huge operations like FC. Beside, when it comes for your face, going cheap isn’t the best idea.

Yes, I think you are right. When did you get it done? Are you still recovering? Was it painful a lot? I’m considering to proceed V-line, but too scared of pain…

yes, it’s been only few weeks, I’m super swollen but was told that my recovery is on track that to see final results would probably take me up to 8 months. I did have slight headache for few days right after the surgery but as far as I know it was due to anesthesia. As for my bones, nope, I experience none but I do feel lot of pressure or kind of and discomfort, so get ready for not being able to open your mouth and talk for few weeks. Also, since my bones are still healing I have to eat only soft food, no crackers, cheeps, jerky, cookies, candies. So, don’t worry it’s not painful :smile:

That’s fine as long as I feel no pain lol. How much did you pay btw?