BeautyHacker

Facial Contour at DA - REVIEW with progress pics

Hello forumers
I just got my 3 type facial contour (vline, zygoma, genioplasty) and alar base reduction at DARPS. My doctor was Dr Lee Dong Chan.
My surgery was booked in the afternoon so I got quite hungry because I fasted earlier than needed. Remember to fast 8 hours before surgery~
On the day of surgery, I messaged my English translator, she's a very kind and sweet girl btw, that if it was okay if I head in 30 min early to talk to the doctor more about my concern and exactly what I wanted because first time round I wasn't as prepared. I wrote down a few questions, finalized the pictures I wanted to show him for reference and most importantly just want his honesty about what's possible and what not. Since I was already agreeing to do the surgery here, I really want to make sure Dr Lee dong chan was on the same page as me. I didn't want to hear that it was possible but results did not comply so he assured me what was the best, what he can do and what technique he will be using. I felt much calmer after chatting with him. I was then lead to my resting room to wait for my surgery. It didn't take long, and little did I know, I was headed to the surgery room. It felt like a hardcore dentistry lol. They had my reference pictures printed out big and hung on the wall so the doctor can see and use as reference. IV was put in my arm, I met my anesthesiologist and was knocked out in matter of seconds.
I was woken up by nurses in my recovering room and all I could feel was sleepiness. I just wanted to sleep. The nurses let me sleep in the heated bed which feel nice and warm. I wasnt allow water for 2 hours. My throat felt ok at first but started to feel dry 1.5hr in. I slept a little more and was woken up with water coming my way. I drank from a cup with no problem. I was so thirsty from fasting and surgery and all that. My throat felt burning a little but it was bearable. After a few hours it the burning was gone and I feel normal again... Just had to keep drinking water. I looked in the phone camera at my reflection and I was so satisfied with my result even though I was swollen. Dr. Lee dong chan did such an amazing job and listened to exactly what I mentioned. I was so so so happy and I can't wait for final result!
I spent the night in the clinic. The nurse was very sweet, she would replace my ice pack every 4 hours, refill my water when it's half empty and took me to the washroom when I wanted to. She came in to check often and also fixed the temperate of my room. The IV lady would come in to give me more antibiotics and painkiller at certain times and I was in no pain at all. Maybe just a little sore ? Not pain.
There was no blood dripping out, I didn't feel too swollen to my surprise and no bruising as well. Really really happy~ though it is just the first day of post op so the next few days I should be expecting more swelling.
In the morning, my English translator came and greeted me. She asked how my night was and informed me that I will be taking my tube out soon and meet the doctor for follow up. I was taken to surgery room to remove my tube, it didn't hurt but I think they stitched me up or something which stung. I couldn't see anything since they covered my eyes lol. Process was really quick and ended in less than 5 minutes. I was then guided back to my resting room and then Dr. Lee dong chan showed up and asked about my well being. He explained again what he did and I told him I was happy about my result and gave have him a finger heart which made everyone laugh lol. He said I'm swollen so don't worry. He said he took around 5mm from my alar which I was happy to hear haha. I was kind of afraid he took too less since I wanted a natural result and it's swollen so I couldn't tell. My translator took me down to purchase medicine and I headed back to my home. I forgot my ice pack :sad: so I'll be going back to get it soon.
[​IMG]

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which clinic was this?

They are famous for facial contouring. Also famous because previously a famous doctor from another clinic transfered over named dr. Lee dong chan. He was famous for his rhinoplasty however he is only doing facial contouring now in this clinic. I guess on special cases like mine where he's able to do both nose and fc, he doesn't have a problem performing both.
They have been on beauty transformation shows I believe. Dr. Lee sang woo is also a reputable fc doctor but i haven't met him. I just heard a lot about him and I'm assuming he's the main surgeon(?) I saw a lot of his awards in the consulting room

They are quite big in Korea but idk internationally since they don't have agent affiliate like docfinderkorea or Seoul Guide Medical. I think one main thing that turn foreigners away is their prices. It's quite high but it is definitely negotiable face to face.

[​IMG]

1 week post op. Just got my stitches on my hairline and alars off. I'm still very bruised and swollen but my faceline is definitely showing now! I asked for a natural jawline~
(The bruise is yellow bruise... It only appeared yellow and was never purple or blue which was facinating cause yellow bruising only happens when bruises are almost healed).
Stitches in mouth will be taken off in a week.
Will take more pictures when I clean myself up lol.

Before-
Can definitely see my cheeks and jaw is quite wide. My nose has always been pretty imo but the alars is wider than I want. My chin is a little too straight. My face gives me a lot more weight than I am.
[​IMG]

Interesting. Thank you so much for your response. If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you pay for your face? I was planning on going with BANOBAGI and I heard they were one of the more pricier places. Did you check them out when comparing clinics?

I have friends who went to banobagi actually but I didn't consider it because it's too commercial. I prefer locally known clinics or clinics that don't affiliate with agents (docfinder, seoulguide medical.. etc). I wrote a post on clinics I considered and how I made my decision. You can check that here: https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/1020588-in-korea-right-now-for-3-type-fc/#post-33459666

Today marks my 12th day post-op. I was going to update when it hits 14 days but since I got my oral stitches out today, I decide to write my journey while it's still fresh in my head.
My appointment was at 1pm so I decided to sleep in and skip breakfast because I realize eating causes the inside of my mouth to swell and things get stuck on my stitches. Ofcourse I'll have to goggle and rinse, brush my teeth before going to get my stitches off but I thought just not having any excessive swelling would be easier both for me and the nurse.
My English translator would always remind me that I have an appointment a day before or the morning of which I thought was nice.
Before going for my appointment, I wanted to get something small for my translator since she was so helpful and kind throughout my journey. I bought her bubble tea at a near by store that I thought was pretty good :biggrin: if any of you are looking some good bubble tea near Gangnam yeoksamdong, try Machi Machi! Lol anyways~
When I arrive, I let my translator know that I'll be at 10th floor waiting for her. 10th floor is the treatment room where you get stitches off ^^ upon arrival, 10th floor desk ladies already expecting me so they told me to take a seat while I wait for my translator. My translator arrived shortly and I was shown to a room to get my stitches off. I thought it was going to hurt because I read a lot of reviews from other people but for me it was barrable. Didn't hurt enough to shed a tear. It felt like a pinch? I don't know how to explain but it hurt enough to clench your butt lol but nothing more hahahaha. I'd rate the pain 3/10. I heard if you don't goggle often and eat well then it'll hurt more so make sure to eat well and goggle often~
After taking out my stitches, I was taken to get my post-op CT scan and result pictures. Then I met with my surgeon, Dr. Lee dong chan. He showed me and explained to me again what he did. He evened out my uneven chin+jaw and pushed my zygoma in. He showed me all the screws and said they are all nicely secured. Since I still have a lot of swelling, seeing my bone gave me some relief because one of my concern after surgery was my chin being too pointy. my CT shows that it's not pointy, it's exactly what I asked for. It's the swelling that's going downwards thats giving me an illusion of a pointy chin. Dr. Lee dong chan said most of my swelling will go down in 3 months and asked me if I have any concerns. I asked him about sagging again just for verification because I've been browsing this forum a lot and it was one of the biggest issue I found some people have when it comes to fc and zygoma. He touched my face and skin and assured me once again that I will have no sagging IF my skin remains as it is before my surgery and now. You realize he said IF? That IF makes a lot of difference because he is certain. He said my skin elatisticy is excellent so don't worry. A lot of people who experience sagging get it from aging, poor skin elatisticy or doing fc at later age. Keep in mind I'm just in my early 20 so yea... I thanked him and told him I was satisfied with my result.
After meeting the doctor, my translator gave me medical transcript of all the medication I was prescribed just in case I have any inflammation or pain when I return to my country which was thoughtful. Don't think I'll need it but it's reassuring to known that they've prepared for any possible scenarios :smile:
After my care, I stayed a little bit because I had some financial things to resolve and the machine had an error. While waiting, the clinic offered me another complimentary deswelling treatment also one for my friend who accompanied me which was sooooo nice :angel::angel: I was taken down to the 6th floor, which was the dermatologist. My friend chose black head and deep moisturizing treatment and I had a few I can choose from which was lifting, brightening or deswelling. Lifting was my first choice but I couldn't because I was barely 2 weeks post op so I went with deswelling hehe. My friend and I was led to a room with 2 spa beds (yay same room!) And my translator heated the bed up for us. Seriously... The aftercare is soooo good :sad: I question myself a lot like... wait why? Why are they offering this to me? Why are they so nice? idk why people say it's not. I don't understand! I swear I receive better aftercare than my friend who went to another clinic. I feel thankful for everything DA offered and provided and every little thing my translator did. She didn't feel like just a translator. It's like a personal nurse at your presence. I swear I'm not a promotor or a affiliate or sponsor or anything at all! My experience is 100% honest. You can find good and bad experience in my reviews and other clinics I considered.

Each time I visited the clinic, I was offered a deswelling treatment. I honestly thought I was only getting it once but to my surprise they offered it each and every single time.
3rd day when I went in for my checkup, I got my hair shampoo service and deswelling treatment. When I went in for stitch removal, I was offered another deswelling treatment. My translator asked me if I wanted shampoo as well but I decided not to since it was quite busy and I had to wait. I was in no urgent for it. After taking off my stitches, I was able to shower and wash my hair myself anyways. When I was removing oral stitches on a separate day, they offered again and also gave a complimentary treatment for my friend which I mentioned in my post.

He said “IF” your skin stays the same as presurgery and now is such a giveaway that he’s just saying enough to cover himself from liability. That’s not really promising you much by saying “if”. The truth is, You can’t expect your skin to not drop or get loose after you remove bones that hold it up. It’s just physically not viable and anyone who understands the logic of gravity can tell you that. Your skin and muscles will shrink back to a certain extent but never to the firmness it was before surgery and that’s something everyone has to be mentally prepare for. I’m not saying it won’t be worth it for some to have a smaller face and some sagging but let’s make it known that doctors cannot say you won’t get sagging from fc no matter what your skin condition is. The doctor who says no sagging is straight up lying and should be crossed off your list. When the swelling goes away, you will notice the sag even if you don’t notice it right away. I’m here to warn other girls about it—don’t mean to hijack thread. Your results look good and I hope you’re healing well.