BeautyHacker

Facial Contour at DA - REVIEW with progress pics

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure because that wasn't something I considered doing however you can check Gangnam Unnie or Babitalk app to see e real review surgery before and after

Obviously he can't be liable because it's a surgery and there's a risk,so saying IF my skin stays this way is already promising enough for me. He is just a surgeon and not a fortune teller. What are you expecting him to say? First of all, sure sagging can occur IF the case was drastic and the surgeon had to take a large amount of bone away BUT that's not my case. What you believe and experienced will not be the same for everyone because we are all different and the surgery process is different. You know how gravity works but you don't know how human body works. The human body is so complex that even a doctor can't guarantee anything about how body will react post surgery. This is more than gravity. Let's take pregnancy as an example. Not everyone gets extra skin and sagging or stretch marks after being pregnant. There are people who don't experience any of that. Skin, muscle and fat adapt when a change is made that is not too drastic.
You said "Your skin and muscles will shrink back to a certain extent but never to the firmness it was before surgery"
You can't use the term never or always when it comes to surgery.
I agree with you doctors who guarantee no sagging should not be trusted because when it comes to surgery, there are no guarantees. Now you commenting on here saying sagging IS guaranteed is doing the same thing the surgeons you tell people not to trust is doing.
You and I are not doctors. I am not here to guatantee anything and neither should you.
What people on here can do is research extensively about how much facial contouring they need, the conditions of their skin, as well as post surgery preparations.
Thank you for your wishes, I'll keep posting and updating.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to hop on and post some thoughts and updates.
I'm now 24 day post-op, I am still swollen around my chin area and the area below the edge of my mouth. Other than that everything else went down drastically. I'm able to eat solids although food still gets stuck around the gums due to swelling. I'm starting to practice opening my mouth wide. It usually gets tight in the morning (1 finger wide) but throughout the day, it loosen up to around 2 fingers vertically wide.
Im still sleeping elevated. Deswelling is now starting to slow down compared to first few weeks. I'm starting to get my senses back on my lower lip. In the beginning, food pieces would be sitting on my lower lip while I eat and I wouldn't know but now I can feel that it's there. I can mostly feel my chin now. Still a little numb but that's normal. There's no scar on my alars. If you look very very close, it's a naked line, but really not able to tell that it has been touched. The zygoma incision is a tiny red line but doesn't look like it's going to scar. It's covered by hair so can't really see it. When I check on it, I have to peel the hair away to see it... So that can give you an idea of how well hidden it is.
Since we are talking about scars and incisions, I was having a casual chat with my best friend. She did chin implant and also had the incision inside the mouth. I asked her if she has any sign of incision inside her mouth because when I was looking inside my mouth, I coundnt find where the incision is... And she pulled down her lip and showed me. She has like... A scar ??? I really don't know how to explain but you can definitely tell that it has gone through something. It was pinched ? But also has a line. The closest way I can describe it is that it looks like the top of a mandu (dumpling) pinched together roughly.
We both agreed it looks nasty lol. She got her procedure 2 years ago so she's all recovered. I was really really surprised. I showed her mine and she couldn't find the incision either. I'll attach the inside of my mouth, lips pulled down here.
I know it might not matter because it's hidden inside the mouth but I still thought that was interesting. Didn't know everyone had it different. I'm happy even the inside of my mouth looks untouched~ lol. If you had inside mouth incision, is it visible? Please share if you want because nobody really talk about this lol.
Hmm oh yea, another thing. I asked the nurse at DA before I left if I should continue wearing my compression band and she said "no don't need it" but I saw many other people who suggest wearing it at home for another 2 weeks. I tried to wear it more often, although it feels good but I *THINK* I feel more swollen after taking it off. I heard it controls swelling and it does, after wearing my band whenever I'm home, I can see my face has been compressed/toned but feelsmore swollen around bottom lip and chin. I think the band is compressing the swell upwards and not giving it room to deswell properly? That's my theory.
I'm going to try to listen to the nurse and not wear the band for few days and see how the swelling goes. I don't know if it's the band that's making the deswell process slower or it's just normal to start deswelling slow from now on. Anyways~ that's all for now. P.s swelling isn't bad, I can go out in public and nobody will notice I got surgery. My hair stylist told me she can't tell at all. She said I look like I gained little weight but that's it.
Anyways, that's all for now. Will share more when things get interesting again lol

• 3 weeks later...
So it's been over a week since I have been experimenting with whether the band was helpful or not and my conclusion is... Sorta.
2 days without wearing my band, I can feel my swell moving around. Before it was a bit on my lower cheek and it gradually move down to my chin. I can say for sure that the deswelling process is much quicker without the band. I wake up everyday to my swell at different places or just really getting much better than a day before.
I still use it after I eat for around 30min to 1 hr. I feel most swollen after a meal so the band helps me feel better. Other than that I don't use it at all.
I was also concerned about if wearing the compression band help prevent sagging and to my brief research, it doesn't because sagging depends on the elasticity of the skin.

40 days post op update:
Sorry if my update is all over the place and not monthly based. Because I heal much slower than normal people, I feel better sharing when my progress is prominent.
I have improved a lot since my last update on 24th day. Food doesn't get stuck in my gums anymore. When I eat, mostly my lower front gum swell but not enough for food to get stuck. My swelling has migrated down to my chin (before it was all along my cheek, jaw and chin as if I had marshmallow in my mouth). I can eat solids very well, I can chew soft bone (joints) from chicken wings without a problem. My jaws don't feel tight on my first meal. I can open my jaw to 2 fingers vertically. I'm still practicing to open my mouth wider~ I want to be able to eat a burger without an issue hahaha. My faceline is much smoother although I'm still puffy looking. The sensation on my lips have returned fully. I can feel my lower lips 100% without any numbness. A small portion of my right chin is still numb. I can feel the sensation coming back~ before I couldn't feel anything when I lightly brush my finger over it but now I can feel some static feeling. From time to time I get tingly sensation there which is a good sign because it means that the nerves are rejuvenating. I must mention, I'm not worried if I have nerve damage because my doctor mentioned that my nerve is much higher than normal people which gave him a lot of room to cut. My CT also shows that he didn't cut too much since I asked for something natural and not overcut. So yea, I'm confident that I'll be able to gain all my senses back!
I am more confident when I brush my teeth now and not scared to brush my gums. Brushing my teeth used to be kinda scary because I could feel tightness and numbness but now it feels normal. I'm using a normal size toothbrush as well. I still can't eat spicy food (I tried and swell a lot the next day). I still sleep elevated. I try to avoid salty food but sometimes I can't help it so I try to drink a lot a lot of water when I eat something salty. So far salty food dont make me swell as much as spicy food.
My alars are completely healed. There's no sign of scars or any incision at all. I looked up "how long does alars settle completely after the reduction procedure" and most say in 1 month but can deswell more through out the year.
Here are some before and after pictures~ I finally feel like my results are prominent enough to share. Didn't do makeup for all pictures to see results more accurately.
Just note that I'm barely 2 months so there's still a lot of swelling.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be delighted to share!

• 1 month later...
I think @iiibbystar meant well. It’s true that sagging is very common and happens to many people, even the consultants/doctors acknowledge that. IMO, we can agree that a high percentage of people who had facial contouring surgeries experienced different degree of sagging and/or other side effects. It’s also true that it’s not obvious during early recovery because of swelling, and the best time to evaluate whether there is sagging or persisting side effects is 1 year post op. because residual swelling could still be present at 6 months. On the other hand there are people who experienced no side effects at all. However, let’s stop and ask ourselves: are those who did not experience any side effects the majority or minority?

I’m really glad that your surgery turns out well! We all want the best for you and everyone who is recovering from fc surgeries. We’ve been there done that, and we know it requires courage and patience.

• 4 weeks later...
3 months Update
Since my last update, I can say there are quite a lot of improvements. I'm no longer swelling in my gums at any circumstances. My lower face is not as swollen anymore. I can laugh and talk properly without feeling stiff. Overall, I think there's still some swelling but nothing I can point out... I think it looks cute, like baby fat. I can open my mouth wide to eat anything and everything. My numbness has all went away, I can feel every bit of my chin, gums, lips. I mentioned that the right part of my chin was numb but now I can feel it 100%.
When water drips, I can feel it, when food sits on those areas, I know it's there. I stop sleeping elevated at around 2 month-ish. I can turn and lay on the sides of my face and it's fine, feels normal, no soreness. My cheeks, and jawline is very smooth looking, no dents. No sagging or double chin so far...
I don't ever exercise so I'm not sure how my face will feel if I lift or run or get my heart rate up. I haven't eat spicy food, kind of hesitant to try it cause I got traumatized from swelling after eating it before lol. Salty food, all day everyday, without a problem. Zygoma incisions have all faded and no longer red lines.
Daily life activity... Haven't change much since surgery. I stop taking small walks at the end of 1st month. From that time, I didn't care for my swelling anymore since it was okay to go out in public without looking like a beestung dog. I'm privileged to not have to work or out go out often so I'm like, pretty much home all the time unless I go travel. Maybe if I had a normal life like everyone else, I may deswell faster for being more active.
I've been drinking birdnest every morning since Chinese new year's, not sure if it helps but I heard taking regular collagen boosts help with recovery of skin and muscles. After my bird nest run out I'll prolly buy collagen powder supplements. The end. P.s not sure why my pics are gone but feel free to DM for it.

Uhm last time I went, end of Nov 2019, it was in Gangnam station near exit 12 I believe. Not sure if they move or what but I doubt so since the building was so huge and they occupied the whole building...I'm sure you can check their site