BeautyHacker

Hotel with Microwave for Recovery in Seoul? (Sinsa or Apgujeong area preferred)

I wasn't able to get a personal one in my room at the IBIS Gangnam ( this is not close to where you want), but I just went to the restaurant and they gladly microwaved anything I asked for, 24/7. maybe call/email and ask if they can send on to your room? (

also had that problem with needing a freezer. I went to the front desk and swapped ice packs. inconvenient but not that big of an issue. You only need an ice pack for first 3 days of surgery (granted this is when you look the worst and have to ask someone to swap your packs that sucks, but they really do not care and do not even look twice)

I was glad to be in a place where there were people around 24/7 and could help, if needed. So no microwave and no fridge, but a sense of security and great location, 7 minute walk to clinic.

airbnb?

Good luck

mind sharing any info on airbnb? now im worried, cause i booked mine few weeks back.

I didn't book an airbnb but thought about it after I got there. Think if I wasn't alone or if it was not my first trip, would book something. A place with a lot of good reviews, really reputable airbnb host, that would have worked, too. airbnb search with "Gangnam" and you'll likely get close to where you want to be...but of course, look around the subway station near your clinic.

an airbnb like this one would have been nice
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15863248?s=67&shared_item_type=1&virality_entry_point=1&sharer_id=136060

but that was more expensive than my hotel room.

80,000 KRW nightly was my rate at IBIS Gangnam ( my clinic may have had some sort of deal, they booked it for me. something like you pay that but get a better room than if you had booked it on your own. I heard a few surgery people were staying there too but never saw them)

If you don't find something within walking distance, add taxi cost roundtrip to each day
if you can find an airbnb that also has a "wifi egg" for guests, that would be great. some sort of portable wifi thing. I never had that and didn't need it badly at all, but if you plan on going out a lot, would be great.

Woah! such an informative airbnb host!!

ha! I was alone the whole time and not many people here in the US who know about my trip, so I guess I have stuff to say :smile:

folks, the airbnb listing above, which has nothing to do with my experience, had some interesting tips here/there-- about the wifi egg thing and the day spa, as I remember.

I’m staying at Hana Airbnb #2 room.. they have 2 studio in this apartement building

the place called “saeyang Apex Tower” it’s a studio apartement with lift
I find the place quite spacious with floor heater, refrigerator, kitchen and microwave
Basicly have everything here and feels like home

it’s very near (10 min walking distance) to Garosugil area : hip place for food & shops mostly local

downstairs also have CU minimarket & coffee.. 7eleven across the road

hope this helps :smile:

@Stefflie pls do you have a link? Can`t seem to find them on the airbnb site. Thx.