BeautyHacker

Going to South Korea in March of 2020!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Tony, Im from Aus Adel. Was planning to fly home 21st march too. Have u had trouble with your flights? How are you flying back home?

Yes I had a lot of flight cancellations I just made it early this morning.
Stay safe

Glad to hear from you. You made it into Korea or back to Australia? If back to Aus, do you mind telling me which airlines, transits did you take? My original flight back to Aus was scheduled for the 20th. I am having trouble finding a route home as most countries have banned visitors from S Korea. My original flight back with Asiana > Qantas to Sydney was cancelled. I recently booked a flight from Korea Garuda Air > Denpaspar > Jetstar Australia. Transiting in Indonesia from Korea requires a health certificate so ill be getting that. All other countries so far strictly dont allow vistors from Korea.

I am currently in Korea. I had lipo and facial contouring. Everything is quiet here. I dont feel a sense of panic, everyone makes sure to wear a mask and use hand sanitiser. There aren't crowds of people around, but there is still people going on about their daily lives. I have noticed there are still people walking around without masks, but I think that is because it's hard for them to get one. The pharmacies have limited, 2x mask per person and depending on the year of your birthday you are only allowed to buy it on certain days. Each morning I receive phone alerts showing the number of new cases confirmed and where it was, plus what areas to avoid. They are very transparent here. It has been okay in Gangnam area but recently you might have heard a call centre building was affected.

How is your healing going?
I feel the same, it is currently very well organized in Seoul! Gangnam does not really seem to be affected. Tip for anyone who wants to see where infected people have walked around in Seoul: you can type in 'coronamap' on Naver and go to a website like coronamap, which shows exactly when and where people who have a confirmed case of Corona have visited! Gangnam does not seem to have a lot of places :biggrin:

I'm in Korea still till Saturday, I still have to chase up my flights to return to Sydney. I get sutures it out Friday. Had my second follow up today. All is well just a lot of swelling around my eyes as I tend to bleed a lot. But I'm happy with the result so far and the staff have been very friendly.
I'm open to hang out with anyone that's here right now I'm staying right next to gangam station. It's a bit boring sitting around healing.

Yes thankfully :smile:

7 days today and finally can open my lips without much discomfort. Was able to eat some soft bread so that made me extremely happy haha. It still feels very tight and swollen around the cheeks. The mouth area is still numb, I feel slight discomfort from the stiches inside my mouth every now and then but it feels better as the swelling is much better compared to days 1-5.

Did you undergo any surgeries?

Yes I did, I'm healing up. It's mostly the ptosis correction that had has made the most discomfort just really swollen eyes, and all the threads they put in had has made my cheeks tender and bit hard to eat anything firm. But the rest is ok a fair bit of bruising from the fat graft. Everyday it gets a little better.
All the best for your recovery.

I hope Scott Morrison doesn’t decide to close the borders by then.
Have you heard about the new rule that’s imposed? You will have to self isolate upon return for 2 weeks. If they “catch you” outside, it is punishable by fines and/or prosecution.

Yes I have been told about that, but still have to go out to get food supplies before I get home and pick up my cat. Hope there's some time to do that.
Such a hassle.