BeautyHacker

Traditional Liposuction vs. Acculift

Hi all - can anyone comment on the differences between traditional liposuction / acculift for the face / jaw?

From what I understand, seems like Acculift just melts the fat with a laser before suctioning it out - whereas traditional lipo just suctions it out. Are there any real differences between the two in terms of outcome for facial fat reduction? Is there any difference in terms of accuracy / effectiveness?

Seems like people claim Acculift has a tightening effect but could also just see that being swelling after the treatment.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi nomano!! I think the main difference is the invasiveness and downtime. Acculift is less invasive than lipo in terms of surgery and I heard you can get skin sagging after face lipo? I guess it depends on how much reduction you are looking for cuz lipo can definitely give you a more drastic change than acculift.

I have been researching the same since I have been doing consultations for this in Korea and plan to do it this week or next. from what I heard so far:

Accu tightens while getting rid of fat (laser assisted) but has risks of burning as side effect (not sure if this will cause bulky scar tissue to build up if something goes wrong)?

traditional lipo has no risk of burns but does not tighten. Can be paired with a skin tightening surface laser like Shurink, Hifu, Ulthera etc though (the skin laser is more like a dermatology laser, non invasive) for those worried about sagging but those lasers aren’t permanent.

let me know if you find out anything else! I’m having the same dilemma